Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Questions about Filters

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35

    Default Questions about Filters

    Amateur Landscape Photographer. Intention of going pro in the near future. Using a canon eos450d with tokina11-16.

    1. Do I need one?
    2. Circular or Slot-in?
    3. What brand is recommended?
    4. What type of filters? (Graduated N.D? N.D? {Hard-edged? Soft-edged?} Graduated Colour? Polarising? )
    5. What is the price of the filters?


    Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Questions about Filters

    Hi TS, please refer to bro daredevil123's "Newbie Guide To Filters".
    Last edited by digitalpimp; 27th May 2011 at 08:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Questions about Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Hi TS, please refer to bro daredevil123's "Newbie Guide To Filters".
    Thanks! will read through and use the search button instead next time

  4. #4

    Default Re: Questions about Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonn View Post
    Amateur Landscape Photographer. Intention of going pro in the near future. Using a canon eos450d with tokina11-16.

    1. Do I need one?
    2. Circular or Slot-in?
    3. What brand is recommended?
    4. What type of filters? (Graduated N.D? N.D? {Hard-edged? Soft-edged?} Graduated Colour? Polarising? )
    5. What is the price of the filters?


    Your help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    thinking of getting tokina 11-16 as well
    the filter size is 77mm

    1. Do I need one? personnal preference ( i like to have some gnd filter )
    2. Circular or Slot-in? ( slot in seem better i have read abt for gnd becos you can adjust the color tone)
    3. What brand is recommended? ( i m looking for cokin or tanya (cheaper), bt there other brand like Lee, and other)
    4. What type of filters? (Graduated N.D? N.D? {Hard-edged? Soft-edged?} Graduated Colour? Polarising? ) as above gnd
    5. What is the price of the filters? i ask at CP last week with 2 gnd and adp + holder around 100+++

    hope this help
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Questions about Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    thinking of getting tokina 11-16 as well
    the filter size is 77mm

    1. Do I need one? personnal preference ( i like to have some gnd filter )
    2. Circular or Slot-in? ( slot in seem better i have read abt for gnd becos you can adjust the color tone)
    3. What brand is recommended? ( i m looking for cokin or tanya (cheaper), bt there other brand like Lee, and other)
    4. What type of filters? (Graduated N.D? N.D? {Hard-edged? Soft-edged?} Graduated Colour? Polarising? ) as above gnd
    5. What is the price of the filters? i ask at CP last week with 2 gnd and adp + holder around 100+++

    hope this help
    the 2gnd, adp and holder is a set? or separately?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Questions about Filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Shonn View Post
    the 2gnd, adp and holder is a set? or separately?
    Not in a set. When I ask I using a 67mm size
    Not sure if it 77mm will cost more (bt they don't have stock for the filter)
    Pls call and ask again b4 going down.
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •