Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: compatibility of lens

  1. #1

    Default compatibility of lens

    im currently using a 1000D

    i would like to know, if L lens or EF lens are able to find onto 1000D?

    pardon me for asking this question, because my current set-up is tamron 17-50 non vc

    sat im going to open house, i might wanna rent an xtra telephoto lens for backup in case i need a telephoto or something...

    its my 1st time going to open house and i understand that lens more den 500mm is not allowed, im thinking of renting something to maybe 400mm or maybe lesser, hope some1 can advice me

    and also i've check out some of the sites they are onli offering L lens or EF lens for telephoto...

  2. #2
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post
    im currently using a 1000D

    i would like to know, if L lens or EF lens are able to find onto 1000D?

    pardon me for asking this question, because my current set-up is tamron 17-50 non vc

    sat im going to open house, i might wanna rent an xtra telephoto lens for backup in case i need a telephoto or something...

    its my 1st time going to open house and i understand that lens more den 500mm is not allowed, im thinking of renting something to maybe 400mm or maybe lesser, hope some1 can advice me

    and also i've check out some of the sites they are onli offering L lens or EF lens for telephoto...
    EF lens (all L lens are EF lens, but not all EF lens are L lens), can be fitted onto your 1000D. So no problem here. Happy shooting! Btw... I am going to the RSAF open house this weekend too with a couple of my kaki.

  3. #3
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Please read your manual. It's stated clearly which lenses can fit.
    L lenses are EF lenses.
    EOS

  4. #4

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    EF lens (all L lens are EF lens, but not all EF lens are L lens), can be fitted onto your 1000D. So no problem here. Happy shooting! Btw... I am going to the RSAF open house this weekend too with a couple of my kaki.
    thanks for the reply, would there be any problems like maybe some of the functions cannot be used?

  5. #5
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post
    thanks for the reply, would there be any problems like maybe some of the functions cannot be used?
    Totally usuable. I owned the 1000d once, and even then I had a 70-200mm f4L lens (which I loved alot). And after that I go on with a couple of other EF lens such as 50mm f1.8 II and 300mm f4L lens. All of them worked very well. So no issue there.

  6. #6

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    All L lens are compatible with the 1000D

  7. #7

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    thanks guys for all the reply, think i'll rent a 70-400 for sat

  8. #8

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post
    thanks guys for all the reply, think i'll rent a 70-400 for sat
    70-400? Do you mean 70-200 or 100-400?

  9. #9
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    For the air show, I would recommend that you rent the 70-200 f2.8 IS, then bring or rent a x2 teleconverter for extra range just in case. So you would effectively has a maximum range of 400mm when using the x2 teleconverter and when not using the teleconverter, you have a 70-200mm lens which is considerably wider than the 100-400mm lens.

  10. #10

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    70-400? Do you mean 70-200 or 100-400?

    sorry its 100-400mm

  11. #11

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    For the air show, I would recommend that you rent the 70-200 f2.8 IS, then bring or rent a x2 teleconverter for extra range just in case. So you would effectively has a maximum range of 400mm when using the x2 teleconverter and when not using the teleconverter, you have a 70-200mm lens which is considerably wider than the 100-400mm lens.
    hmm, actually, im not too sure of how to use the teleconverter actually...think i'll probably stick to my 17-50 and 100-400, im not very proficient at the teleconverter thing

  12. #12
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: compatibility of lens

    Quote Originally Posted by alancwr View Post
    hmm, actually, im not too sure of how to use the teleconverter actually...think i'll probably stick to my 17-50 and 100-400, im not very proficient at the teleconverter thing
    You mount it between lens and camera. That's it.
    EOS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •