Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: MS Color website have FZ20 & FZ3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZinY
    When I bought, I looked at the brand only.
    NCP. So, I thought should be better than Kingston (someone said) and agreed to buy.

Shall I go back and change it for Kingston SD? $110 also, (someone said).
    Kingston SD will be at least faster than NCP MMC. Right?
    Please give me advice.

Thanks!
    U should, get the higher speed one if you can.
    So far I am happy that I got the Ridata 66x one.
    It should gives me abt 8-9meg/s read/write.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilly
    U should, get the higher speed one if you can.
    So far I am happy that I got the Ridata 66x one.
    It should gives me abt 8-9meg/s read/write.
    Florence showed me a Lexar 10mb/s 256mb SD card at $89, I didn't buy. 512mb SD, she showed me Kington normal speed at $110. Didn't buy too.
    I think high speed card required only when you shoot burst or movie. For single shot, the cam write pretty fast. I use a Panasonic 32mb normal speed card.
    Last edited by LifeWorld; 18th September 2004 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeWorld
    Florence showed me a Lexar 10mb/s 256mb SD card at $89, I didn't buy. 512mb SD, she showed me Kington normal speed at $110. Didn't buy too.
    I think high speed card required only when you shoot burst or movie. For single shot, the cam write pretty fast. I used a Panasonic 32mb normal speed card.
    I also was at Mscolor around 6:30pm.
    In fact, he mistakenly sold MMC to me.
    Someone ordered it and no more stock. So, he was happy that I returned it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZinY
    I also was at Mscolor around 6:30pm.
    In fact, he mistakenly sold MMC to me.
    Someone ordered it and no more stock. So, he was happy that I returned it.
    Did you buy the LExar 256mb 10mb/s SD?

Hey guys...got my FZ20 this afternoon! ha...yet to try though...got the black one..

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim
    Hey guys...got my FZ20 this afternoon! ha...yet to try though...got the black one..
    Congrats! Welcome to Lumix World.

Where did you buy it from? Only BC, AP, and MSColor selling. The rest (Best, HN, Courts) still no stock. Wonder why?

oh i bought it from MS Colour. get them to help me get black...think they only got silver left...

oh i bought it from MS Colour. get them to help me get black...think they only got silver left...
    Was there in the afternoon too. Was told left four silver! Good for you, managed to get black. Did you get free case? Mine was for FZ10.

yah i got the free case. but that is all...hai hai hai

Yes the lens adaptor have to be on to use filters. It is also for fitting the lens hood.

Spotted another SD brand that do 9mb/s
    Kingmax SD Platinum. (supposed to be 60x)

yah i got the free case. but that is all...hai hai hai
    Is your case for FZ20? Wonder iwhether both FZ10 and 20 share the same case!
    So how have you been fiddling with your cam? I find it bulky la. Still not use to big cam. However, the grip is much better than my LC33.

yah agree with the big part but i am used to it...cos my F80 is abt the same size...yes the casing is for FZ20...thats what it says in the box.

Gee! Got my case exchanged to the correct FZ20 model. Bought a lens cap $8 too. Saw a guy bought FZ20. The lady boss reminded the sales guy not to give wrong case less it causes customer to return later. Think thay guy was new!

However, the case cannot store camera with adaptor. So it's useless! Just keep it........
    Last edited by LifeWorld; 19th September 2004 at 06:54 PM.

AP selling a 72mm lens cap, clip on type, for just $5.
    Bought Kingmax SD Platinum 1G at $199, from another shop.
    Really fast, compared to Kingston if you shoot continuous or bracket your shots.
    Almost no waiting time for buffer to flush to mem card.

My wallet bleeding profusely now

Actually with the big lens adaptor, the camera is easier to handle, aka SLR style.

Would have gone to SLS if not for the case exchange. Still got 'carry' bag to buy. The free case is useless liao.

anyone bought FZ3 instead? how is the feel about the camera. Still quite hard to decide over FZ3 and FZ20 though i have made a reservation for FZ20 at MS. btw what are other good buys that i should get at MS together with the FZ20?

is the fz20 case any different from the fz10's?

don't want to make a long trip over minor differences.

The FZ10 case feels a little 'tight' with a fz20 in it, though I thought the FZ20 is supposed to be a little smaller.

Anyone here upgrade form FZ10 to FZ20?

Can give some comparison in terms of picture quality?

I've got my FZ3 last Friday. Playing with it for 3 days and I love it.
    To choose FZ3 or FZ20? It depends on your application. During these few days,I had used the FZ3 for different applications. My reason for buying it is to take good pictures for my baby. I need the features of fast lens, quick burst, sharp picture at low light w/o flash. Think about it, it's a big challenge. FZ3 gives me satisfactory result.
    The size is good because I need to bring a lot of baby's stuff for outing. A big camera is defintely not for me. I've a coolpix 3200 (very compact) but it can only be used during daytime. Performance at low-light condition is bad. So FZ3 is a good compromise. 3MP or 4MP is not my consideration factor. My old C-700 is only 2MP, but there is no difference for 4R printing. I believe 3MP can go for 8R w/o any problem.
    However, I joined the mid-autumn festival celebration last night (church function). The pictures taken were not too good, mainly because of the inadequate flash power and you can't use external flash for FZ3. ISO200 and 400 is too noisy.
    And of course, the daylight performance is excellent. It's too easy to capture my baby's smiling face because of the OIS and quick burst.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Savio
    I've got my FZ3 last Friday. Playing with it for 3 days and I love it.
    To choose FZ3 or FZ20? It depends on your application. During these few days,I had used the FZ3 for different applications. My reason for buying it is to take good pictures for my baby. I need the features of fast lens, quick burst, sharp picture at low light w/o flash. Think about it, it's a big challenge. FZ3 gives me satisfactory result.
    The size is good because I need to bring a lot of baby's stuff for outing. A big camera is defintely not for me. I've a coolpix 3200 (very compact) but it can only be used during daytime. Performance at low-light condition is bad. So FZ3 is a good compromise. 3MP or 4MP is not my consideration factor. My old C-700 is only 2MP, but there is no difference for 4R printing. I believe 3MP can go for 8R w/o any problem.
    However, I joined the mid-autumn festival celebration last night (church function). The pictures taken were not too good, mainly because of the inadequate flash power and you can't use external flash for FZ3. ISO200 and 400 is too noisy.
    And of course, the daylight performance is excellent. It's too easy to capture my baby's smiling face because of the OIS and quick burst.

The noise is evident as a result of using a 4MP CCD (1/2.5") for 5MP shots. I think it may be less apparent if you shoot in 4MP format on the FZ20, just as you would on the FZ10. Anyone tried doing this? Came across the FZ20 at SLS, at first glance, it looks no different from the FZ10. Would have been better if they had given the FZ20 a larger grip. How's the camera in burst mode? Any shutter lag? Problems with the AF?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast