Thread: Big Problem!

Default Big Problem!

Hey People! I have a portable hard disk with my photos in there. But the problem now is my hard disk crash! Couldn't even open a single files now. Anyone willing to guide me along and tell me what to do? Thanks

Kenneth

Default Re: Big Problem!

Big problem #1: Your thread title is pointless and lacks description
    Big Problem #2: You never found the "Search" button, and never used Google. Try a search for "harddrive crash file recovery".
    Alpha

Alright, I apologize for having a pointless thread. But i just panicked when i couldn't get it back up. I tried using google. But it just didn't work out. Really Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by B3g1nn3rs
    Hey People! I have a portable hard disk with my photos in there. But the problem now is my hard disk crash! Couldn't even open a single files now. Anyone willing to guide me along and tell me what to do? Thanks

Kenneth
    How about bringing it to a data recovery service? They don't come cheap though

Quote Originally Posted by B3g1nn3rs

Kenneth
    Why dont you try seeking professional help? Maybe cyberactive?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    Big problem #1: Your thread title is pointless and lacks description
    Big Problem #2: You never found the "Search" button, and never used Google. Try a search for "harddrive crash file recovery".
    You dont have to be so blunt you know. U should have put yourself in his shoes before u commented. He probably has alot of documents important to him and thus he panicked. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by FuraCelest View Post
    You dont have to be so blunt you know. U should have put yourself in his shoes before u commented. He probably has alot of documents important to him and thus he panicked. Just my 2 cents.
    I have been in his shoes before. My first step was to do a search online. After narrowing down to 3 products/services but not seeing any difference between them, I posted a thread on HWZ with a descriptive title.

Doing a search on your own will always be faster than firing a post on a photography forum.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by B3g1nn3rs View Post
    Alright, I apologize for having a pointless thread. But i just panicked when i couldn't get it back up. I tried using google. But it just didn't work out. Really Sorry.
    Your thread is not pointless. The thread title is. "Big problem!" can mean anything. It's important to have a descriptive topic.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

well i think the best is to seek help with the expert =x// but its really expensive ==
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae

I have been in his shoes before. My first step was to do a search online. After narrowing down to 3 products/services but not seeing any difference between them, I posted a thread on HWZ with a descriptive title.

Doing a search on your own will always be faster than firing a post on a photography forum.
    Different people handle different situations differently. Not everyone is as automatic as you. You gotta understand that .

You can tried a recovery disc to solve that problem. I bought that software for 30plus it can recover all your broken files too etc....

It's a software name rescue disc..

it will cost a few thousands to recover the files, do not attempt DIY, unless you really know what are you doing.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I bought it at amk hub that shops just beside Ms color ask them they should had that rescue disc to recover back yr photo. Cause it really helps me out which I encounter the same problem like you.

Search on HWZ, there're freelance people doing it for abt $200..saved my ass once..
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 25th May 2011 at 12:49 PM.

Seriously appreciate the help that i'm receiving from you guys. Really help me alot. Will get those freelancer to do it for me.

As for Rashkae, i appreciate your help. At that point of time, i really don't know what to do, all my pictures and documents.
    Sorry if i brought you any trouble.
    Last edited by B3g1nn3rs; 25th May 2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Good luck to your recovery plan...Never say die !!!

Try a file recovery program (eg. Get data back ).
    Sometimes the file allocation table gets screwed up, and its not a physical hdd crash.
    If you see the HD in windows but cannot access the files, then there is hope its not a physical crash.

Gd luck man!