Thread: bhphotovideo online shop

Default bhphotovideo online shop

this place sell things cheap leh .... but any catch har ??? like price before GST ??

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Cool, but that is USA one? Need shipping ar?

Hi, I've ordered camera stuffs from B&H for the past 2 years. They are a reliable online store but do watch out for the following:

1. First you need to be aware that prices are all in USD.
    2. Need to pay shipping charges. Depending on what medium, the cost may vary. For US airmail, it may take up to 2 weeks to deliver to SG. UPS Express normally within 5 days.
    3. For first time customer, you are require to fax/email a copy of your credit card for verification purposes.

Hope this helps, if any.

Hmm, i see..so all the stuff there are in USD and i need to convert it to SGD myself to clarify the price?

Yup, and the "nice" thing is that you only know how much you are actually paying when the bill comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Carllim
    Yup, and the "nice" thing is that you only know how much you are actually paying when the bill comes.
    eh..... what do you mean? The bill is a sum of the price of the item and shipping costs. Covert that to the prevailing USD forex rates. I don't think they charge for taxes because Singapore is not part of the US. If you're in New York (where BHphoto is), you'll be charged state taxes.

You make it sound as if there're hidden costs, which i don't think so...

Please clarify.

thanks.

There's GST (SG) and disbursement fee by the courier company.

Anything that has an equivalent worth of SGD400 or more, inclusive of shipping, is liable for GST on the entire amount. This is one hidden cost that most people don't know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Anything that has an equivalent worth of SGD400 or more, inclusive of shipping, is liable for GST on the entire amount. This is one hidden cost that most people don't know of.
    WAH!!! thanks for the heads up man! I wanted to buy something from B&H... didn't know S'pre Garmen will charge 'extra'!!!

BTW, why should we pay for Service tax ah? What service was provided?

So it's not B&H with the 'extra hidden' costs lah.. it's the other middlemen!

I think both AJ23 and Parchiao have answered the question for me. Thanks guys!

Also, becos you are paying online thru credit cards in USD, you can only estimated the total amount incurred in SGD until the credit card company charged it. So it could be several dollars difference depending on the rates.