Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sunrise in singapore

Default Re: sunrise in singapore

you need to practice a lot to take sunrise, especially you want a perfect sunrise.
    I suggest you just go a place which is most convenient for a start.
    as sunrise is different thru out the whole year, some places only good for taking sunrise in particularly time of a year.
    and also not everyday will have nice sunrise.
    you will be very disappointed wake up very early, travel for an hour, set up every ready to shoot, but found out the sun don't show face at all.

after you have the experience and knowledge, you can start to try other venues, some venues you may have to come back a few times just to get a decent sunrise shot.

hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you need to practice a lot to take sunrise, especially you want a perfect sunrise.
    I suggest you just go a place which is most convenient for a start.
    as sunrise is different thru out the whole year, some places only good for taking sunrise in particularly time of a year.
    and also not everyday will have nice sunrise.
    you will be very disappointed wake up very early, travel for an hour, set up every ready to shoot, but found out the sun don't show face at all.

after you have the experience and knowledge, you can start to try other venues, some venues you may have to come back a few times just to get a decent sunrise shot.

hope this help.
    This is the reason I stopped taking landscape. Most of the time in singapore the sky is gloomy, light is not flattering. Taking landscape depends a lot on weather.

Also, I feel Singapore has limited landscape to take. Maybe just me

Blog Entries

Sunrises are about the same everywhere. You get gloomy days in other countries also. And compared to cities like shanghai or in certain parts of china, singapore weather is a godsend for photography.

And there are a lot of landscapes in SG, it all depends on whether you are willing to explore to find them. Just take a look at Draken's photo thread. And see that he is finding new spots to shoot landscape constantly.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 27th May 2011 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnagIt View Post
    This is the reason I stopped taking landscape. Most of the time in singapore the sky is gloomy, light is not flattering. Taking landscape depends a lot on weather.

Also, I feel Singapore has limited landscape to take. Maybe just me
    taking landscape in Singapore, I would say is more challenging. it take great patience, perseverance and creativity, and the reward is priceless.

btw, if you notice the landscape minimalist, the shots are mostly taken during gloomy days.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Sunrises are about the same everywhere. You get gloomy days in other countries also. And compared to cities like shanghai or in certain parts of china, singapore weather is a godsend for photography.

And there are a lot of landscapes in SG, it all depends on whether you are willing to explore to find them. Just take a look at Draken's photo thread. And see that he is finding new spots to shoot landscape constantly.
    Maybe I don't have the patience for this haha.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    taking landscape in Singapore, I would say is more challenging. it take great patience, perseverance and creativity, and the reward is priceless.

btw, if you notice the landscape minimalist, the shots are mostly taken during gloomy days.
    Agree, because most are B&W which helps put emphasis on shadows/textures.

That said, it can be rewarding to see a beautiful sunrise/sunset. It's a magical feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by benkb View Post
    To NoS77:

Wow! I din know there's such beautiful sunrise up in woodlands.. May I know where u took this beautiful sunrise from?

I think it's very well taken.. Sorry for sounding noobish.. I'm very new to photography.. and pardon me if I sound rude..
    Thanks. I'm still a noob as well. That was taken near the empty field along Woodlands ave 12.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    can it be for free? you can wake me up too
    haha! I also can't wake up on time. That's why the sun in the 2 photos above were already high up when I took the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by chooz View Post
    haha! I also can't wake up on time. That's why the sun in the 2 photos above were already high up when I took the pictures.
    Go to sleep early and put two alarms to wake you up. Most important you need to tell yourself you are going to wake early to take good photos ..simple method but most cant' do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chooz View Post
    Then you don't love the light enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12