Thread: What CF card to get?

Default What CF card to get?

Dear all
    Looking for a new CF card for Canon A85
    Likely a 512MB
    Should I get a normal speed or high speed
    And which brand? Thanx

weat bout a medium speed...the A85 even if u buy ultraII also overkill rite....

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    weat bout a medium speed...the A85 even if u buy ultraII also overkill rite....
    What would be considered a medium speed and what brand would you recommend?

think medium speed should be 40x... previously 20x is medium speed & 40x is high speed... now with introduction of 60 & 80x speeds, & WA, which A series dun utilise, no point getting a high end CF. unless you are sharing with your other systems...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Me think with a A85, any normal speed CF card will do cos ur cam probably won't be able to make full use of HIGH Speed CF card... meaning, high speed and normal speed won't make too much of a difference...

Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Me think with a A85, any normal speed CF card will do cos ur cam probably won't be able to make full use of HIGH Speed CF card... meaning, high speed and normal speed won't make too much of a difference...
    Thanx mate, is there anyway to check what the read`and write time of the A85 is as I cannot seem to find it in the manual

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    think medium speed should be 40x... previously 20x is medium speed & 40x is high speed... now with introduction of 60 & 80x speeds, & WA, which A series dun utilise, no point getting a high end CF. unless you are sharing with your other systems...
    Sir, what do you mean other systems?
    I dun own a high end DSLR or a digividcam

Any card will do then. The camera's write speed is not fast.

Yah loh, capacity will mean more than the speed since Consumer Digital Cams are not able to take advantage of the higher speed CF cards.

Thank you guys
    You guys are the best