Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: K-5?

Default Re: K-5?

Guys... give it a rest. TS is going down to the shop to try out the cameras and decide for himself which DSLR felt best. As to the comments of some CS member that might be hurtful and untrue to the actual result, we all have our fun blasting him upside down. There are ignorant people and there are ignorant people, but our comments otherwise would not help TS a bit.

I don't Know which brand better . But I just know I dun need to get the more expensive os or vc version lens as I already have SR in my camera body .

I don't know which brand better but I know I only need to spend less then 200 for a 18-55mm Wr lens . Nikon ? Canon ?

I don't know which brand look nicer or look more soild . But I know my camera size is more compact .

I don't really care which brand got better sensor , cos I know most using Sony sensor. isn't that ?

Last , I am not a fan boy , and I had never force anyone to buy any brand . My
    advice for friends around me is buy a brand u r comfortable with . All camera are
    good camera as long as u use it to take photo.

I had recomend 4 friends to get d7k becos I know they want Nikon and I feel d7k is cheap and good at current Nikon line up .

I had recommend 3 friends to get d550 cos they really love canon and it not a bad camera after all. Of cos 1 60d becos he prefer the feel of it as compare to 600d

2 friend got Sony alpha as they want the best deal at the IT show and Sony really give a lot of free gift as compare to others .

Me ? A pentaxian of cos . Y ? Becos it can help me take Photo (most important factor isn't it ) and I also personally I just love the pentax committee
    Last edited by Supersimon27; 26th May 2011 at 12:18 AM.
    My Flickr ->Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    2nd observation I have. Pentax users when they buy third party lens, it is mostly because the lens is better. Nikon users when they buy third party lens (at least more than half that I have come across) is because the lens are more affordable.

ps. correct me if I am wrong. thanks.
    You are so dead wrong. People who use pentax are usually the more discerning people who does not goes for brand and thus are more careful in spending their money. Common len that is equally prevalent in nikon/canon, the Tamron 17-50 2.8. Pentax has something better DA*16-50 2.8 WR. The Pentax is $XXXX so people go for the Tamron and it is not because the tamron is better.

Sigma 30 1.4, again $XXX. Pentax FA 31 1.8 Limited legacy lens $XXXX. Pentax user choose sigma not because it is better, it is way inferior.

So many other example i can give you if i even bother, so next time dun comment on something that you have totally no idea about
    Last edited by Fireemblem; 26th May 2011 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foress View Post
    well Nikon is known for superior lenses.
    maybe if anyone actually bother to do some non bias research, they will know that Pentax Lens are no way less superior

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    I have this weird perception when I read Pentax forums that they favour 3rd party lenses more than other brand users.
    they do not favour any party lenses. they favour value for $$$

Quote Originally Posted by shelomoh View Post
    I tried my friend's K5 and this is how I feel:
    - Starts up very slowly
    - Previews also very slow

I decided I will never touch a Pentax again.
    And maybe it is because you do not know how to use a Pentax

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    maybe if anyone actually bother to do some non bias research, they will know that Pentax Lens are no way less superior
    I only know both nikon & canon is known for their marketing strategy only wor...

Am i wols?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    they do not favour any party lenses. they favour value for $$$
    Agree! We totally dont wish to pay for all of their marketing gimmicks!!

Quote Originally Posted by google View Post
    Dun any say that !!!

My friend has a k7 and i do not see that problem.

You not scared wait people knock your head with their 500mm zoom lenses meah?!
    You mean with this?
    Pentax for Life

Thumbs up Re: K-5?

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    You mean with this?
    good one Ben!!
    ペンタックス K1 K5, FA31, FA77, DA15, DA* 16-50, Sigma 10-20, Metz 58 AF-2

In my opinion, both Pentax and Nikon are great camera makers. And Nikon and Canon are not only known for their marketing strategy, they made great cameras and lenses, and to think that they are more popular just because of their marketing strategy is thoroughly wrong.

if a company cannot live up and deliver to what their marketing people promises... no matter how good their strategy is, they will not survive the competition for long. And to make a point of how good a brand is by putting other brands down is absolutely not necessary.

i chose a K-5. why? because it gets the job done for a reasonable price and it offers great backward compatibility - including in-body SR - which makes a BIG difference when playing with old lenses.

no arguments that stabilisation on lens may give u a 1/2 stop or 1 stop advantage over in-body SR but the comparison here is not just stabilised lens vs stabilised body - its stabilised body vs no stabilisation at all.

its a big difference when playing with longer focal lengths or in low light.

Haha I would choose to get a pentax if I had not inherited some old nikon lenses from my dad, so far happy with my D7000. Doesn't really matter which is more superior, when you see the picture only, who can tell which brand it's from? This thread has already derailed and is not helping the TS make his decision at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cenvin View Post
    good one Ben!!

Haha ... Ya!

I really admire him a lot !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cenvin View Post
    good one Ben!!
    Haha ... Ya!

I really admire him a lot !!!
    Thanks guys.
    Just creating a light hearted moment.
    At the end of the day, the decision to buy which brand is a persoanal choice that we holds no prejudice.
    Pentax for Life

Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    Thanks guys.
    Just creating a light hearted moment.
    At the end of the day, the decision to buy which brand is a persoanal choice that we holds no prejudice.

Sir,

Choosing between a Pentax K5 and a D7K is never a light hearted moment ...

Sir,

Choosing between a Pentax K5 and a D7K is never a light hearted moment ...
    Well, it's not some major life-altering decision as well, such as choosing your life partner, or whether to take up an overseas assignment
    Chances are a large number of camera buyers are tempted by the "grass is greener on the other side" mindset, and switch camps after some time.
    No real biggie. Just money
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Well, it's not some major life-altering decision as well, such as choosing your life partner, or whether to take up an overseas assignment
    Chances are a large number of camera buyers are tempted by the "grass is greener on the other side" mindset, and switch camps after some time.
    No real biggie. Just money

Did i mentioned that it took me 2 years and 6 months to save up for my D7k ??

Blog Entries

Did i mentioned that it took me 2 years and 6 months to save up for my D7k ??
    When you start working for a few years, that number will drop to a couple of months. It is only going to get better for you.

Pursuant to Section 49, Sub Section 70, Paragraph A of the Parliamentary Act, I hereby declare...... it's all started by brainless comment ....

Quote Originally Posted by shelomoh View Post
    I tried my friend's K5 and this is how I feel:
    - Starts up very slowly
    - Previews also very slow

I decided I will never touch a Pentax again.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast