Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    If (MP) Lim Biow Chuan, can get LTA to pass a regulation maybe like, passengers will get to ride free if the bus is late for more than 5 minutes instead of just fining the operator. It will be a sort of compensation for the passengers who suffer for the operator tardiness. You will be quite sure that the waiting time will improve quite significantly.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #22

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by sfoto100 View Post
    i think it is wayang again, but i pray i will be proven wrong!
    whatever it is. It is the result that count.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  3. #23
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    If (MP) Lim Biow Chuan, can get LTA to pass a regulation maybe like, passengers will get to ride free if the bus is late for more than 5 minutes instead of just fining the operator. It will be a sort of compensation for the passengers who suffer for the operator tardiness. You will be quite sure that the waiting time will improve quite significantly.
    Will be more complex (and hence likely more expensive) to have this system though. A lot of data to keep track of. Coz you're talking about individual passengers needing to be compensated, rather than just one lump-sum fine to the operator
    Exploring! :)

  4. #24

    Default

    Not sure why MP is so horrified with 30min interval. He wants a 3min interval? Quite possible but can passengers pay the increased price of more buses? Or busway all the way like MRT line ?

  5. #25
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted888
    Not sure why MP is so horrified with 30min interval. He wants a 3min interval? Quite possible but can passengers pay the increased price of more buses? Or busway all the way like MRT line ?
    Because if you glance through the bus guides, bus intervals promised are MUCH more frequent than that. Bus companies have applied for fare increases, citing the need to have more buses, and yet they're not really living up to their end of the bargain.
    Exploring! :)

  6. #26

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted888 View Post
    Not sure why MP is so horrified with 30min interval. He wants a 3min interval? Quite possible but can passengers pay the increased price of more buses? Or busway all the way like MRT line ?
    dude, you ever take bus before? my worst record is waiting for more than an hour.

    the bus arrived after i waited for 35 mins, but then too crowded , so had to wait for another bus. hence another 35 mins waiting time. total 70 mins.

    ted888, u go try waiting 70 mins for a bus then i talk to you.
    Last edited by ninelives; 25th May 2011 at 02:59 AM.
    Objection !!!

  7. #27

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    dude, you ever take bus before? my worst record is waiting for more than an hour.

    the bus arrived after i waited for 35 mins, but then too crowded , so had to wait for another bus. hence another 35 mins waiting time. total 70 mins.

    ted888, u go try waiting 70 mins for a bus then i talk to you.
    This case is usually those intra-estate feeder services. Or some quite ulu areas like Yishun Ave 4 beside the park. The condition would be peak periods. Sometimes the only bus service does not even ply through the MRT, and the walk to the MRT is like 700-900m (15 min walk). If we are in a cool country then I guess most would not mind, but even at night 7pm it is sometimes 31-32 deg C. LOL!

  8. #28

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    it is actually bus 174, waiting at someset mrt..
    Objection !!!

  9. #29

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Strongly suggest LTA to create a dedicated team to track / monitor transportation efficency and performance at the ground level.

    Long term wise, it would be a better practice.

    Minister of Transportation, time to put on thinking cap.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ted888 View Post
    Not sure why MP is so horrified with 30min interval. He wants a 3min interval? Quite possible but can passengers pay the increased price of more buses? Or busway all the way like MRT line ?
    I've waited 90mins for bus number 12 before

  11. #31

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kajala View Post
    Strongly suggest LTA to create a dedicated team to track / monitor transportation efficency and performance at the ground level.

    Long term wise, it would be a better practice.

    Minister of Transportation, time to put on thinking cap.
    i think it's better to tap the thinking ez-link card and ride the thinking bus zzzz

  12. #32
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    The whoever who says the transport system is OK obviously do not take the public transport during peak periods.

    Half an hour? It's unacceptable. 166 can take up to 30 mins to come too. Bus 174 is the worst. Everytime it's crammed up all the way to the steps of the front door!
    Last edited by redstone; 28th May 2011 at 01:37 AM.

  13. #33
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsch Tan View Post
    LTA should not more increase of bus and MRT fare for the next 3 years rather than making excuses oil price increasing, salary of bus driver and others nonsense excuse.

    Transport costs linked to rising oil prices... FINE, 2008 highest oil price on record. OK can... but when oil prices drop, back til original prices, why hasn't the transport fares gone down too?

    I remember the particular MP saying this-and-that price is rising because of oil prices. Few months later when oil crisis is over, he said this-and-that price is not related to oil prices.

  14. #34
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    it is actually bus 174, waiting at someset mrt..
    174 again. Why is 174 so hopeless. Even off peak period for some reason its always crammed to the door.

  15. #35
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    i would like to remind you all to keep politics away

  16. #36

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    just to put things in perspective. i have friends who are expats/children of expats/well-traveled locals. and according to them, their experiences of public transport anywhere else in developed nations is much more horrid.

    in paris, you miss a train, you wait 2 hours for the next one.
    in sydney, you miss a train, you wait another 30 minutes to an hour. miss a bus? be prepared to wait an hour or more.
    in china? the same.
    in japan? make sure you don't jump onto the wrong train (not the subway. the intercity railway) because they share the same tracks. and be prepared to wait an hour if you miss the timing.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Mountbatten MP 'horrified' at bus service standards...

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    just to put things in perspective. i have friends who are expats/children of expats/well-traveled locals. and according to them, their experiences of public transport anywhere else in developed nations is much more horrid.

    in paris, you miss a train, you wait 2 hours for the next one.
    in sydney, you miss a train, you wait another 30 minutes to an hour. miss a bus? be prepared to wait an hour or more.
    in china? the same.
    in japan? make sure you don't jump onto the wrong train (not the subway. the intercity railway) because they share the same tracks. and be prepared to wait an hour if you miss the timing.
    Bro, that is true. But if we are using your comparison method, then SG has absolutely the best "train" transport system in the word. You can include like HK SAR and Taipei and *fill in the blanks* as well then.... And we know that is not true.
    You surely must have travelled?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •