Thread: HI . Not exactly a newbie question

Default HI . Not exactly a newbie question

HI,

I used to shoot with d700. sold it 2 yrs ago,(abt). but i stil have 20mm, 35mm., 50mm n 80-200mm with teleconverter. and a mbd10 battery grip, sb 600 flash.

i am thinking of switching to canon , maybe 7d- do you think it is worth the effort or just buy back a new d7000 and keep all my gears, but i still need to sell the grip because mbd10 doesnt fit d7000. does sb600 fit work in canon 7d?

i am a bit unsure. just wan to hear the regulars' views here.
    thanks

Default Re: HI . Not exactly a newbie question

Quote Originally Posted by Pang-Jio Man View Post
    HI,

I used to shoot with d700. sold it 2 yrs ago,(abt). but i stil have 20mm, 35mm., 50mm n 80-200mm with teleconverter. and a mbd10 battery grip, sb 600 flash.

i am thinking of switching to canon , maybe 7d- do you think it is worth the effort or just buy back a new d7000 and keep all my gears, but i still need to sell the grip because mbd10 doesnt fit d7000. does sb600 fit work in canon 7d?

thanks
    What is it that you don't like about Nikon? Why do you want to switch to Canon?

These are the two question you need to ask yourself first. Plus, I don't think Nikon's flash will work for Canon. And since you are familiar with Nikon's ergonomic and functioning, shouldn't it be easier for you to go back to Nikon when you are ready to pick up photography again?

Also... do not read too much into which camera brand is better than the other. They are all the same, each have their own strong points and each have their own weaknesses too. So either a D7000 or a 7D, both are excellent cameras (I myself is the user of 7D while my bro is the user of D7000).

Oh... btw, why not going back to FF? Since your last camera is FF?

HI,

thanks
    switching camps is very costly to begin with. u sell all ur current gear n buy new ones from a different camp, kinda waste alot of money in the process. i dun tink u will be able to use a nikon flash on a body of other different brands since the contacts of the hotshoes r different for each brand. why not just stick to nikon? furthermore, this is puzzles me. why downgrade from FX to DX?
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pang-Jio Man
    HI,

thanks
    Just do your research properly this time, and test the equipment you are targeting. Rent them if you have to, just to get the hands on feel. Because it will cost you dearly if you switch camp.

IMHO D700 performs better than 7d or d7000. But everyone is different and have different needs. Better be more sure of what really want this time round.

And no sb600 will work with Nikon cams only.

HI,

thanks
    It looks like you have an affinity for "7" and "D". I hope that you are not choosing your camera body based on it. For whatever reason that you sold off your D700, I can safely assuming that you know you are downgrading when you are choosing a 7D and downgrade further when choosing a D7000.

Basically, when switching from Nikon to Canon or vice versa, almost everything in your kit can't be reused, maybe except for filters, tripod, strap, bag, etc which non system specific.

You just have to ask yourself what you wanted to shoot and how will your new body can help to achieve it. Then, you can get better answers than any of us here can give.

ps. gotta do some homework yourself.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif