Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mrt queue

Default Re: mrt queue

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Shoving your way in is part and parcel of most rapid transit system in other cities during rush hour. Like I had said previously, just be glad that you are not being manhandled into the train as of now.
    Actually I'm very impressed with the transit system in Taipei.
    Been there >8 times over the years and I had use their transit system quite intensively during my stay there.

Even during peak hours, everybody queue up, no pushing, people giving up seats voluntarily, no people speaking loudly or sitting on the floor.
    It seems amazing but l believe like some brothers had mentioned, it got to do something with culture and upbringings.

Quote Originally Posted by horizon_grazer View Post
    Actually I'm very impressed with the transit system in Taipei.
    Been there >8 times over the years and I had use their transit system quite intensively during my stay there.

Even during peak hours, everybody queue up, no pushing, people giving up seats voluntarily, no people speaking loudly or sitting on the floor.
    It seems amazing but l believe like some brothers had mentioned, it got to do something with culture and upbringings.
    Yep, I mentioned their transit system in this thread, and also the people there in the Why Are SG Women so demanding thread. Same views.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    One pet peeve of mine are the Vikings that seem to do what you describe even to people who have tried to make way for them to get off the train by alighting to create room.
    Nope, I deliberately avoid them and even say "thank you". It's the counter-flow walkers trying to fight into the MRT dead center at the door (where the arrow points the other way for the alighting people) that I ram into.
    Alpha

Basically I have no problem with people rushing into the train while I was getting out. I am fat, tall and look like a hooligan. I bash my way out - easy... and if I like, I will give them a stare, suggesting that they are a bunch of lowlife.

i do the same to tailgaters on the road. i turn my head back (if there aren't cars infront) and face the car behind. you don't have to have eye contact. usually once i do it, the driver behind will suddenly drop back and change lanes.... and slow down all the way..

but, if the driver refuses to stop tailgating..... then i tap my brakes and blink them and slow down like crazy fast... over the loudness of my music i can hear the screeching of brake pads on metal and rubber on asphalt

I'm so used to it nowadays that I took bus if possible and the only time I need to take a train is when going to work.

Singapore population density is getting higher and Peak hour associated congestion is difficult to solve now. While in Beijing taking their subway during peak hour, I basically being floated up into the train everyday. I don't feel any need to complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted888 View Post
    Singapore population density is getting higher and Peak hour associated congestion is difficult to solve now. While in Beijing taking their subway during peak hour, I basically being floated up into the train everyday. I don't feel any need to complaint.
    So are you saying we have to live with this denser population and peak hour associated congestion here?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Ted888 View Post
    u mean 'man-made' higher density and congestion rite?

I think its the upbringing.

Its not only the train; Like some have mentioned, on the road, people just drive all the way to the front and forcefully cut into your lane for a left or right turn. The lift is super slow at my office, there are people who came in later and rush all the way to the front of the lift door. Shameless....act blur....and pissed off if others do the same to them...

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    but, if the driver refuses to stop tailgating..... then i tap my brakes and blink them and slow down like crazy fast... over the loudness of my music i can hear the screeching of brake pads on metal and rubber on asphalt
    That's a rather dangerous game that you are playing, don't assume all drivers will have the metal alertness to brake and slow down in time due to fatigue, intoxication etc. etc. So ultimately as a motorcyclist the one paying for this recklessness could just be you.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    That's a rather dangerous game that you are playing, don't assume all drivers will have the metal alertness to brake and slow down in time due to fatigue, intoxication etc. etc. So ultimately as a motorcyclist the one paying for this recklessness could just be you.
    i pick my targets carefully

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i pick my targets carefully
    So do they.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    So do they.
    are you talking about the matrix?

lol..our typical singaporeans..