Thread: Converting old negatives

Default Converting old negatives

Hi All,

I wonder if the conversion of old negatives (35mm) to digital photos can be done with a scanner and photoshop? I am a newbie to this. Thankful if someone can advise me.

Default Re: Converting old negatives

Yes. If you have a dedicated film scanner or a scanner with a transparency adaptor and film holder, you can scan your negatives and edit them in Photoshop. Some scanner recommendations can be found here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...canner-Choices

The services section here lists people who offer scanning services. Photo labs also offer scan services. Important is the quality: the basic 4base scanning and the better 16base scanning. Get the uncompressed tiff files as output, although large they contain all details compared to (sometimes aggressively handled) jpg compression.
    EOS

it wont make much difference to view them in 4base or 16...view digitally its still de same..unless u intend to post a realli big picture of them....developing or printing them into prints..its still best to develop off the negative....
    My Blog