Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic Photography Course #2

Hi itchy,
    I think u do not need to worry about not having a DSLR or a SLR camera cos PLRBEAR will think of something.

Juz go down to SLCC and find him

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    What if we don't have a DSLR or a SLR camera? I have a Dimage 7. Is it possible to borrow one or is the camera I have sufficient? I don't have any flash either...
    Your Dimage is useful enuf. To created most shots. So you can use it to learn the basic course. Do not really need an SLR/DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by itchy
    What if we don't have a DSLR or a SLR camera? I have a Dimage 7. Is it possible to borrow one or is the camera I have sufficient? I don't have any flash either...
    Dear Itchy,

The Dimage 7 is fine. It gives you full control of all the variables we'll be working with. Don't worry about the flash, since we won't be focusing on it very much. Feel free to come down to Stanley Lim Colour Centre. I'd prefer it if we could have a face to face chat regarding your expectations of this course, and what you want at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by joycepalermo
    Hi all!! I am here to give my full support for my good mentor. Same as those who are new in photography, i am having a hard time to learn what to do to enhance my pix but with the help of this good mentor i learn a lot. Not only that, he is approachable w/c is good thing about him.
    Folks, try Stanley Lim's group... they are all nice people. Cheers!!!!
    Thank you Joycepalermo! Welcome you to join our big family. I am great that you can take better pictures now. Hope you can show us a lot of wonderful pictures after you back from the tour.

Yes, this is another instructor I specially invite him to teach the Basic Photography Course. You may ask me what so good about him. He learn by himself whithout any proper guide, but when he attended the Actual Wedding Day Photography Course from us than he discover he was always behind the lesson. He spend extra time to catch up with the others, of course at last he make it. He known what and why the mistake he use to make, nobody can teach better that him, cos he had the experience and the mistake he had done.

Welcome you to SLCC to talk to Plrbear, he will let you understand more about the course before you take up the course.

damn....if only yr classes start from Weds to Sundays....
    I hv classes on Mons & Tues....

Plrbear, can cham-siong or not

Zorro18, don't worry about it. There's only one class that's on a Monday. Remaining classes are on Sundays only. In any case, even if you miss one class, i am always open to make up lessons for anyone.

aiya... last session on Sun at 0645hrs...cannot lar...got church duties to perform....

Quote Originally Posted by zorro18
    aiya... last session on Sun at 0645hrs...cannot lar...got church duties to perform....
    I put the last practical in the morning because not many of us have a chance to take pictures that early in the morning. Furthermore, the sunrise at ECP is very nice. However, we can always do a sunset in Sentosa if you don't mind. Not that i'm disrespecting your religious duties, but would it be possible to swap duties with someone else for that one Sunday morning? The last lesson is always the best, and the whole lot of us had good fun gulping down McDonalds for breakfast after the prac.

Quote Originally Posted by zorro18
    Why not come down to our place to talk to him to check with him? He will try to help you. Just give a call before you come cos there are a lot of out door shoot. Hope to see you.

Those who hesitate whether are they still need to go for a Basic Course, don't have to crack your head. Just come down to our studio to look for PLRBEAR, TOTO38 or PRO IMAGE, they are really willing to help you.

Do start with the proper and correct step before you go to any other courses.
    We are the peoples that like to share and teach what we can and what we known to everybody like you. Due to our buzy schedule some time we will not in the studio, so please call me at 98583502 before you come to our studio.

Hope to see you guys soon. Thank you!!!

Thumbs up

Yo! For those who aren't sure... don't think too hard, just go

I myself went for the Basic Photography and it was great learning & taking pictures together

With PLRBEAR's guidance, I learnt many things there is to know about photography, now I am comfortable enough to go out and take pictures on my own. The outings themselves are enjoyable and I have to say the whole thing is fun!

Definitely worth going, it's not just the lessons but you get to mix around and get to know lots of experts, learning pointers from them

Quote Originally Posted by Xaler
    Yo! For those who aren't sure... don't think too hard, just go

I myself went for the Basic Photography and it was great learning & taking pictures together

With PLRBEAR's guidance, I learnt many things there is to know about photography, now I am comfortable enough to go out and take pictures on my own. The outings themselves are enjoyable and I have to say the whole thing is fun!

Definitely worth going, it's not just the lessons but you get to mix around and get to know lots of experts, learning pointers from them
    Thanks for the feedback Xaler!

All our students are welcome to come back and see us if they need more help. Glad to hear from you and see you again, and i hope you have even more success with your new equipment. Aren't you glad i weaned you off your digital camera?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by PLRBEAR
    Aren't you glad i weaned you off your digital camera?
    Hmmm, I'm now addicted to the sounds of the mirror flipping, the shutter opening & closing, and the motor winding the film forward...

Update:

1) Jenny
    2) Vernon
    3) Simon
    4) Wee Ling
    5) Stanley

Those who are interested can still sign up. Just give us a call at 9858-3502.

Hi PLRBEAR,

When's the next course starting? Think I'm a bit late already cos I didn't notice this thread earlier...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12