Thread: A Crab-by moment

Default A Crab-by moment

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    - Sharpness
    - Composition
    - Artistic merit

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    The intertidal area is pretty much not accessible to visitors most of the time but when the tide is out (WAY OUT), the denizens will come out to frolic and more often than not, they have interesting features that makes the visitor be astounded by the novelty of it. This picure's a picture of a swimming crab that pretty much got itself stuck between 2 rocks. I'm very much into and decided to take the route of nature and macro photography (along with BW). This photo serves to showcase one of the denizens of the deep that's found in Singapore as well as the tiny details that're often overlooked by visitors

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Lets just say me and the other good people in my group woke up to catch the morning tide at 6am at Sisters Island, traversed the slippery and hard-to-walk-on-rocky-shore and by the time we covered hald of the island (where the crab was), the sun was up (8am i think), we're tired, sleepy, dehydrated but nonetheless keeping a child's excitement at every find

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    For me personally, I love to take such macro photos of small animals like this crab since its quite hard to find a potrait of the animals. Further more, the eye pretty much stares straight back at you as though its desperately trying to talk to you yet the presence of the main pincer (part of it and it was intentional to do it that way) pretty much potrays that the animal, despite desperately trying to communicate with you, is pretty cautious or wary of you
    Nature, macro and BW... Makes my world go round

Good macro bro. Great focus on the eyes! Quite an interesting perspective too.