Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

  1. #1

    Default Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this video.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18...rec_grec_index

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    looks like it is primarily used for peeping.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Kiasu Nation
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    pls lor, there are much bigger lens around...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    wow its huge!

  5. #5
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    It literally is a can(n)on.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    I thought the Sigma 200-500mm F/2.8 was ridiculous enough.... Until I saw this...

  7. #7
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    The Zeiss APO Sonnar T* 4/1700 is a close contender. Dunno which one's bigger, though.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    It would be cool if it can actually be mounted on a DSLR? Video never show…they mount to what to take photos?
    Imagine that on a 5D or something…it'll look freaking hilarious..

  9. #9
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by spinworkxroy View Post
    It would be cool if it can actually be mounted on a DSLR? Video never show…they mount to what to take photos?
    Imagine that on a 5D or something…it'll look freaking hilarious..

    Something like this.



  10. #10

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Something like this.


    hah. my new streets lens. i don't even need to leave my house to shoot the streets anymore

  11. #11
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    hah. my new streets lens. i don't even need to leave my house to shoot the streets anymore
    LOL can even see the booger up someone's nose.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp

    LOL can even see the booger up someone's nose.
    Or which person is flossing their butt haha

  13. #13

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    And I thought this was large...

    (borrowed from another forum)


  14. #14

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    I thought the Sigma 200-500mm F/2.8 was ridiculous enough.... Until I saw this...
    It's still ridiculous though, since it's a zoom. Heck, anyone carrying bazooka lenses are gonna get stared at the whole day!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Imagine x1.6 crop factor....

  16. #16

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    It's still ridiculous though, since it's a zoom. Heck, anyone carrying bazooka lenses are gonna get stared at the whole day!
    me carrying a white 70-200 gets many stares from people. imagine someone with that bazooka.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    me carrying a white 70-200 gets many stares from people. imagine someone with that bazooka.
    Actually it will look more like 4 guys carrying a casket, based on the 4 handles at the side.


    .....looks like a Mirror lens construction from the video.....?
    What I really missed most, is my first SLR. An Olympus OM2 with the Zuiko 35mm f/1.4, back in 1982!

  18. #18
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    Quote Originally Posted by MacroMarlin View Post
    Actually it will look more like 4 guys carrying a casket, based on the 4 handles at the side.


    .....looks like a Mirror lens construction from the video.....?
    Yep. That is a mirror lens, although I have no idea what this lens can be used for...

    Maybe, can become an extremely power peeping tom equipment... lol.

  19. #19
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Canon's Most Powerful Lens

    wah! so BIG.. canon really look like cannon
    Lousy de My Flickr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •