Thread: Paid photoshoots - too much PP giving "false advertising"?

Default Paid photoshoots - too much PP giving "false advertising"?

Quite a number of the posted "paid shoots" ads use images of models that are obviously retouched - in many cases this is not too bad, it's just smoothing skin, maybe tweaking the bust size, making the eyes more symmetrical....

But isn't there a limit??

I mean, look at this ad:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...l-Huiyi-Cherie

If you look at the pictures of Cheryl, there is no way a human being looks like Paul the Alien. This is like that PRC girl who had the "unnatural good looks with big eyes" until people finally found her unedited photos.

I have no issues with the organizer, don't get me wrong - but if people sign up expecting a "super big eyed girl" and then find out it's all photoshop and the model looks *nothing* like the ad - what recourse do the paying photogs have?

I'm not picking a fight here - I just want to know at what point it's too much, and whether we should expect the models to at least look 90% like their pictures or something....
    Alpha

Default Re: Paid photoshoots - too much PP giving "false advertising"?

I got friends that have big round eyes....make up does HELP ALOT!

Anyway, i dont like to rush into taking a picture, and i dont believe i can have nice pictures with 5 person around shooting at the same time.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

I think there's a law that states that the goods offered in images have to be somewhat similar to the actual product sold? But i'm not sure about model services

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    I think there's a law that states that the goods offered in images have to be somewhat similar to the actual product sold? But i'm not sure about model services
    I think it falls under "goods and services" right? :P
    Alpha

I think it does serve two purposes, it helps to push the limit of the photographer in shooting and photoshopping of the models.

if can't achieve the same results, they need to come back for more practice.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    what recourse do the paying photogs have?
    Get Photoshop lessons from xiaxue.

Quite a number of the posted "paid shoots" ads use images of models that are obviously retouched - in many cases this is not too bad, it's just smoothing skin, maybe tweaking the bust size, making the eyes more symmetrical....

I mean, look at this ad:

If you look at the pictures of Cheryl, there is no way a human being looks like Paul the Alien. This is like that PRC girl who had the "unnatural good looks with big eyes" until people finally found her unedited photos.

I have no issues with the organizer, don't get me wrong - but if people sign up expecting a "super big eyed girl" and then find out it's all photoshop and the model looks *nothing* like the ad - what recourse do the paying photogs have?

I'm not picking a fight here - I just want to know at what point it's too much, and whether we should expect the models to at least look 90% like their pictures or something....
    i am going to be candid after a fashion week after party. most of the time, when u get models that dun look like how they look like their compcards, u send them back and call up their agencies and give them a piece of your mind. but then u shld have casted and seen them in person before hand so u are at fault as well.

but for cases where u can't see the model in person and most of the time its just for leisure purpose, just have fun la. i mean thats the fun of leisure activities right? where u can shoot sh*t and do sh*t and no one can give u sh*t for it.

I mean, look at this ad:

i find the skin smoothing also over done... the nose area like become merged into a face... talking about a model without a nose!

i rem reading from online tutorials, u had to becareful with the nose lines and the area btw the two eyes... guess that person just soften every single part of the face that results into this freak photo!

anyway as an organiser myself, i wun put up such photos to "deceive" and strictly no eye enlarger contact lens during the shoot (this is communicated btw me and the model before hand) - disclaimer here: not self promoting myself.
    Last edited by sinned79; 20th May 2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-
    Get Photoshop lessons from xiaxue.
    +1
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka