Thread: iPad Camera Connection Kit

Default iPad Camera Connection Kit

Hi, anybody tried using it before? Would like to get some reviews before I personally purchase one myself.

I have been using one with my 50D and works well. Takes a while transferring RAW.
    You can then sync your iPad with your Mac of PC and get the photos off.

Not a bad idea if you run out of space on your card, you can transfer the photos across then format the card and keep shooting.

I think it works great.

Cheers.

Default Re: iPad Camera Connection Kit

Have been using it with my 5D Mark II. Works fine. Its a good alternative especially when traveling instead of bringing a laptop. I normally use it for "just in case" storing of photos. Haven't tried the SD card adapter yet.

One downside I see is that you have to directly connect the camera to the IPad. Can't use the adapter with a card reader.

Quote Originally Posted by amc717
    Have been using it with my 5D Mark II. Works fine. Its a good alternative especially when traveling instead of bringing a laptop. I normally use it for "just in case" storing of photos. Haven't tried the SD card adapter yet.

One downside I see is that you have to directly connect the camera to the IPad. Can't use the adapter with a card reader.
    Mine can use card reader. Make sure ur iPad is updated. It can read up to 32GB class 10 SDHC.

Default Re: iPad Camera Connection Kit

I think this article here's a good read on editing photos on iPad

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/0...-emily-godwin/

there're some issues with RAW files apparently. But i guess if you're using it as a on-the-go backup, it should be more than sufficient
    5DII | 450D | 24-70, 24-105, 70-200II, 50 1.8, 28 2.8, hfs200