Thread: Serious Newbie Question...

Default Serious Newbie Question...

Hello all! I am new to this profession, and want to really get into it. There are several questions that I want to ask, but not right now. What I was wondering was:

-What is the difference between 35 mm, medium format, and large format cameras?
    -What is each of these used for?-

If anybody can help answer these questions, with a link or a direct answer, I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if this is really a newbie question.

Ciao!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWorks
    Hello all! I am new to this profession, and want to really get into it. There are several questions that I want to ask, but not right now. What I was wondering was:

If anybody can help answer these questions, with a link or a direct answer, I would greatly appreciate it. Sorry if this is really a newbie question.

Ciao!
    Ans:

1) They are all different format using different types of film.
    2) Depends how big you want your picture to be. Large format will give the most detail in that list but I heard its the hardest to use. Bigger formats allow you to enlarge the picture more than the smaller formats?

Hope this helps... took it from reading...

Cheers
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWorks

Ciao!
    1. The size of the film used...
    2. could be for anything ...... depending on what you want.