Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: things happening in a row?

Default things happening in a row?

has anyone else noticed this trend, when something unusual happens in Singapore, it tends to be repeated several times?

For example, the recent spate of ppl falling onto MRT tracks, and prior to that, a couple of industrial accidents in a row. Sometime back, there was a chain of maids falling out of windows.... and speaking of windows, dont you all remember windows falling down every few days?

Any possible explanations? haha, or do these things happen all the time, but after a while, they just dont get reported?

When u sneeze or cough, usually the people around u will start sneezing & coughing also..

Murphy's Law.....

BTW, have you seen what some people will do to clean the windows? I'd be very surprised if no one fall over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    Murphy's Law.....

BTW, have you seen what some people will do to clean the windows? I'd be very surprised if no one fall over.
    most scary one i've seen is a maid placing a stool across the window ledge, and sitting on it to clean the window.. ie: two legs outside the house, and two inside. Shudders.....

Quote Originally Posted by reactan
    most scary one i've seen is a maid placing a stool across the window ledge, and sitting on it to clean the window.. ie: two legs outside the house, and two inside. Shudders.....
    TWO legs out and TWO legs in?

Regards
    CK

Deregistered

Practice makes perfect.

actually when something happens, ppl put alot of emphasis on the subject and will link events together... like for eg, no pun intended, when few years ago, nobody actually notice how many malay ladies wear the scarf, but when the 9-11 happen, everyone seem to start noticing there is increasing ppl wearing scarf... actually its still the same amount but when you start to notice things that you never try to even bother previously, most might think that the events are occuring simultaneously.

like taking bokeh... u dun notice the sides cos you are indulged in the object you are focusing... den when you refocus on the other subject den u find that y is that thing suddenly there, when its actually there all this while...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

FOUR legs?!!! Maybe can use her to win a medal at the sprints in Beijing come 2008?

I'm quite sure if it's covered by the media, it would seem like it happens more often. Agenda setting. haha...

anyway... weather the reporting of the incidents causes more incidents, that is has been the debate for ages...

hemm... recently alot of people selling stuff cheap! hint hint..

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    FOUR legs?!!! Maybe can use her to win a medal at the sprints in Beijing come 2008?
    he was referring to the stool right?

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    he was referring to the stool right?
    haha, yes lah, was referingto the stool

Deregistered

my goodness... see-saw on a stool, balanced upon a window ledge?

I like the stool joke!

Lol..two more cases on the people felt into the railway..

its sad that the redhill victim died....hopefully the barriers will do some good.

Barriers?

We need to know why more people have taken to suicide lately. That's the REAL problem.

Quote Originally Posted by acroamatic
    Barriers?

We need to know why more people have taken to suicide lately. That's the REAL problem.
    agree.

caging everyone up is not going to solve anything.

has anyone else noticed this trend, when something unusual happens in Singapore, it tends to be repeated several times?

For example, the recent spate of ppl falling onto MRT tracks, and prior to that, a couple of industrial accidents in a row. Sometime back, there was a chain of maids falling out of windows.... and speaking of windows, dont you all remember windows falling down every few days?

Any possible explanations? haha, or do these things happen all the time, but after a while, they just dont get reported?
    Well... alot of Singaporeans like to follow the latest trend.
    Never seem to have minds of their own. dunno why.

When pple start collecting Hello Kitties, everyone follows.
    Now you hardly hear abt them.

Sigh... when will they ever learn?
    Someone should tell them this time that jumping down onto MRT lines is out now... not the IN thing. dun follow!!!

its sad that the redhill victim died....hopefully the barriers will do some good.
    We don't really know if they actually committed suicide or not. Even if they did, there are many ways to do it, you think some barriers will help. They will just go somewhere else to end it all.

Now that SMRT has decided to build the barriers, just wait for the next round of fare increases. PTC sure to nod their heads when SMRT asks for approval...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast