Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: UV filter

  1. #1

    Default UV filter

    i notice that when i take night shots with my UV filter on
    i will get a big reddish spot on some places of the photo
    why is it like that?

  2. #2

    Default

    Sample pics ?

  3. #3
    Trevor_Tan
    Guests

    Default

    Could it be flare cos from the bright light source (street lights) near your camera?

  4. #4

    Default

    aiyah.. i deleted it away liao leh
    duno still inside my cam anot
    tmr or wat i go find if got then i post the pic here k?
    its comfirm not from light source lor
    coz its a night shot then at the dark part of the sky then got this reddish patch there

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: UV filter

    Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    i notice that when i take night shots with my UV filter on
    i will get a big reddish spot on some places of the photo
    why is it like that?
    Lens flare due to bright light source. Did u try taking the same shot w/o the UV filter????

  6. #6

    Default Re: Re: UV filter

    Originally posted by Jayan


    Lens flare due to bright light source. Did u try taking the same shot w/o the UV filter????
    i took afew shots but different buildings but around the same place
    all got that reddish spot
    then my fren say maybe its the UV filter
    then i took it out and the photos i took after that is fine......

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: UV filter

    Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    i took afew shots but different buildings but around the same place
    all got that reddish spot
    then my fren say maybe its the UV filter
    then i took it out and the photos i took after that is fine......
    Sounds like internal reflections/flare to me alright.

    Regards
    CK

  8. #8

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: UV filter

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Sounds like internal reflections/flare to me alright.

    Regards
    CK
    erm.. then how to correct it?
    dun use UV filter at night?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •