Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: hi everyone..

  1. #1

    Default hi everyone..

    hi, everyone here, i have a qus to ask,
    for a family gathering in a resturant will you be taking a tripod along,
    or asking ppl around to help you take pic for you?

  2. #2

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    hi, everyone here, i have a qus to ask,
    for a family gathering in a resturant will you be taking a tripod along,
    or asking ppl around to help you take pic for you?
    I would always ask someone to take a picture. Deploying a tripod in the middle of a restaurant is very rude and will inconvenience everyone who needs to pass by.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,389

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Deploy the tripod if you want to prevent the waiters from serving you
    EOS

  4. #4

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I would always ask someone to take a picture. Deploying a tripod in the middle of a restaurant is very rude and will inconvenience everyone who needs to pass by.
    thanks, that what i m thinking as will, look so funny with the tripod

  5. #5

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Deploy the tripod if you want to prevent the waiters from serving you
    nono that what i dont wan..

    ok think will jus put away my tripod than..
    thanks for the help..

  6. #6

    Default

    Haha I don't want the waiters to trip and spill hot soup over someone, so I rather not deploy a tripod

  7. #7

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha I don't want the waiters to trip and spill hot soup over someone, so I rather not deploy a tripod
    yap, hope that i wont get blur pic...

  8. #8
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    If it was buffet and there is something that you wanted to take, u can deploy a tripod at that area to prevent others assess to that particular food.

  9. #9

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    If it was buffet and there is something that you wanted to take, u can deploy a tripod at that area to prevent others assess to that particular food.
    not a buffet, more of a chinese style dinner.. and hoping to take a full family photo...

  10. #10

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    for me I set my DSLR to Auto mode and pass it to someone to take a photo for us

  11. #11

    Default

    I wouldn't leave it to chance on Auto. I'll switch to manual, do a few test shots, set to MF and tell the waiter where to stand, while arranging everyone in the frame.

  12. #12
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    I wouldn't leave it to chance on Auto. I'll switch to manual, do a few test shots, set to MF and tell the waiter where to stand, while arranging everyone in the frame.
    Someone might remark
    "buy such expensive camera, still need so much effort to take 1 simple group photo..."

    hehehehe just kidding
    Exploring! :)

  13. #13

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    get a small tripod like this and put it on a table.


    ps. click pic for source.
    pps. if you are using a lens like this, make sure everyone stand very very far away and for you run very very fast to position after started the timer. Result will be great. Gonna get nice bokeh.
    Last edited by coolthought; 16th May 2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  14. #14
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    ...or get a joby gorillapod. That way, you can fix your camera + lens on a chair, or on the edge of the table, etc. Kind of cool and had no worries that the waiter or waitress cannot handle your DSLR.

  15. #15

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Someone might remark
    "buy such expensive camera, still need so much effort to take 1 simple group photo..."
    hehehehe just kidding
    oh you'll be surprised at what i bring to my class gatherings

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    get a small tripod like this and put it on a table.


    ps. click pic for source.
    pps. if you are using a lens like this, make sure everyone stand very very far away and for you run very very fast to position after started the timer. Result will be great. Gonna get nice bokeh.
    HAHA by the time you run back to the group, you'll be wondering where your camera disappeared to

  16. #16

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    I wouldn't leave it to chance on Auto. I'll switch to manual, do a few test shots, set to MF and tell the waiter where to stand, while arranging everyone in the frame.
    I was thinking of doing what photoart mention, auto mode
    And mayb bring a p&s as will. Hee

  17. #17

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    I was thinking of doing what photoart mention, auto mode
    And mayb bring a p&s as will. Hee
    Auto mode might screw up the shot. and if it's supposed to be a joyous event, i think you'd want the pictures to be close to perfection as possible.

    benefits of doing the settings yourself:

    - Good Exposure
    - Correct Color Temperature
    - Sharpness
    - Focus is on the right places

    now. if you leave it to chance on Full Auto:

    - White Balance screwed up
    - Focus might be on something else; all the people are blurry and OOF
    - Grainy images due to high-ISO usage
    - many many more...

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    base ISO, AV mode.. f5.6-8 (based on how big is the group) + flash
    ~PeaceNoWar~

  19. #19
    Member chillicutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Telok Blangah
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: hi everyone..

    Quote Originally Posted by kelchew View Post
    hi, everyone here, i have a qus to ask,
    for a family gathering in a resturant will you be taking a tripod along,
    or asking ppl around to help you take pic for you?
    It would be useful if you want to be in the picture. But please also consider the space constrain issues.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •