Thread: Transformer to convert local 230/240V for 110V appliances

Default Transformer to convert local 230/240V for 110V appliances

if i get something from the US, i need a transformer to convert local 230/240V to 110V.. how much and where to get a reliable one?

i might be getting a film scanner from the US.

depends on the watt your appliances actually needs...

for eg, a PS2 might need just 150-200w to power up... den the Xbox need 300w to power up, hence when you buy a transformer that is 200w max, you can't use with the Xbox, cos the watt is not enough, even if it works, the life is shorten, it will overheat & might cause fire as well... but it would be an overkill to get a 500w transformer just for a PS2... since PS2 just need 200w...

and also, a film scanner mostly uses 24v or 12v, mayb even 6v, you can buy a adapter from sim lim tower, those that have variable output, from 1.5V to 9V if its 6v, or maybe just get a fixed ones like 24v or 12v, best to bring your current adapter to see if the ampere is enough... normally would be 0.5A to 2A is more than enough...

hope this helps.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Are you getting the scandual IV from the US? that's what i did a few months ago. I got myself a transformer from Sim Lim Tower. Look for Sinter at #03-05.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    if i get something from the US, i need a transformer to convert local 230/240V to 110V.. how much and where to get a reliable one?

i might be getting a film scanner from the US.
    i have one buy from Home fix past a year, never use again, if you want i can give it to you, its 100watt vice versa adapter 110 to 220 or 220 to 110

Quote Originally Posted by leadwe
    Are you getting the scandual IV from the US? that's what i did a few months ago. I got myself a transformer from Sim Lim Tower. Look for Sinter at #03-05.

hw much does your transformer cost?

about $20 I think....

Hi

Go Sim Lim Tower.. They can assist you..Bring along the specs of the equipment you want to step-up..Bcareful of the operating amp!!!