Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 510131415161720254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie learning to take food photos

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88

Mee Jawa!!! Looks nice, how did it taste?
    I prefer the more soupy version with perkedel (potato croquette) but still, would be great to have a bowl of it now
    Btw bro, you may want to pay attention to the chromatic aberrations which is very obvious ard the plate and chopsticks.
    Taste great haha taste like mee rebus

Ya notice the chromatic aberrations specially bottom left corner

Need to check how to avoid this

Default Re: Newbie learning to take food photos

hungry already!

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    Taste great haha taste like mee rebus

Ya notice the chromatic aberrations specially bottom left corner

Need to check how to avoid this
    Sometimes can't be helped but if you are shooting in RAW, you can reduce/eliminate the color fringing using Lens Correction in Camera Raw

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    Sometimes can't be helped but if you are shooting in RAW, you can reduce/eliminate the color fringing using Lens Correction in Camera Raw
    Found the tutorials using PS to edit the Lens Correction. Shall try it out tonight

Just came back from Genting, so share some food taken there. Not very nicely taken Marry Brown Fried Chicken (Genting Highland)
    Java Noodle Old Town (Genting Highland)
    Hmmm.....don't tell me it's the cam/s you used/brought along to trips...yah, bro...!!
    ...so bet you know what to do next...huh+ ...heehee...!!!!! ( as bro asthio88 had more or less "pointed" out liao...!!!)
    Last edited by blueskye168; 14th January 2012 at 01:45 PM.
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168

Hmmm.....don't tell me it's the cam/s you used/brought along to trips...yah, bro...!!
    ...so bet you know what to do next...huh+ ...heehee...!!!!! ( as bro asthio88 had more or less "pointed" out liao...!!!)
    Haha not about the lens, is the photographer no good. Yup will solve it

Quote Originally Posted by TWmilkteaTW View Post
    hungry already!
    Thank you for the kind comment~

OMG....Unable to reduce/eliminate from Photoshops Lens Correction

Bak Kut Teh
    Mmm Yum Yum Bak Kut Teh (Genting Highland)

Can't find the "Bak Kut" in this Bak Kut Teh...

3 Stars Out of 5
    Last edited by ntheni; 14th February 2012 at 12:08 PM.

Chinese Wine Chicken
    Mmm Yum Yum Bak Kut Teh (Genting Highland)

3 Stars Out of 5

Prawn Dippers
    Swensen (Plaza Singapura)

Yooohh...bro Anthony, this above pic of yours is edited on behalf as a form of Photography Guidance - to help get-rid of the "Magenta" color cast ( as per your request...!!), thus, the Copyright still remained/maintained by Anthony, the original photographer for this Fried-Dumpling shot/s...!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post

Yooohh...bro Anthony, this above pic of yours is edited on behalf as a form of Photography Guidance - to help get-rid of the "Magenta" color cast ( as per your request...!!), thus, the Copyright still remained/maintained by Anthony, the original photographer for this Fried-Dumpling shot/s...!!!
    Bro, your colour looked lighter and more sharp. Will this be too sharp? Because I kept worrying that my food photos will look fake if too sharp. Still don't really know how to look at a good food photo

Old Town Breakfast Set
    Genting Highland

3 Stars Out of 5

Old Town Breakfast Set
    Genting Highland
    Woah-Hahahaha...bro...too SHARP liao-lah, cos this bread huh, the surface-texture huh...already very prominent liao so given this 'degree-of-Sharpness' that you'd applied will certainly look like...like...hahaha...like..."sandp....",.....the surface-texture of a "sandpaper" 'so-chor-chor-one', especially eyed within that stretches where the DOF area is in Focus...!!!!! Tune/tone down a little will do just fine...bro Anthony...!!

No choice as one cannot afford to rush as 'this/it' really takes time to 'Trained' your eyes, as I had taught you thru PMses remember...?!?! So now, just relax...time will come as like time will tell...!!!

Have more patience and not too excited hor.....cool-man, yah.....!!!
    Last edited by blueskye168; 16th January 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Old Town Breakfast Set
    Genting Highland

Fantastic bro, these 2 shots really make me hungry!!
    Agree with bro Eric, you may also wanna control of not over-blurring the back ground. Still, I am craving for toasted bread now!!

OMG....Unable to reduce/eliminate from Photoshops Lens Correction
    Did you process from a RAW file in CRaw? From the pic it seems possible to eliminate or at least reduce (significantly) the color fringing. Sometimes another color maybe introduced when reducing the CA, you have to play with both sliders (Red/Cyan and Blue/Yellow) at the same time.

Another way is to desaturate (with color range) in PS, thn using mask to select the affected area.

1. Click and drag on the color fringing;

2. Mask out and paint with white on the affected area;

Final image;

Woah-Hahahaha...bro...too SHARP liao-lah, cos this bread huh, the surface-texture huh...already very prominent liao so given this 'degree-of-Sharpness' that you'd applied will certainly look like...like...hahaha...like..."sandp....",.....the surface-texture of a "sandpaper" 'so-chor-chor-one', especially eyed within that stretches where the DOF area is in Focus...!!!!! Tune/tone down a little will do just fine...bro Anthony...!!

No choice as one cannot afford to rush as 'this/it' really takes time to 'Trained' your eyes, as I had taught you thru PMses remember...?!?! So now, just relax...time will come as like time will tell...!!!

Have more patience and not too excited hor.....cool-man, yah.....!!!
    Hahaha I also think too sharp but just try it out hahaha

Old Town Breakfast Set
    Genting Highland
    Fantastic bro, these 2 shots really make me hungry!!
    Agree with bro Eric, you may also wanna control of not over-blurring the back ground. Still, I am craving for toasted bread now!!
    Bro, pic#1 need to achieve a broader-DOF for a properly-done/well-executed Food-Photography...note on this, unless you intend to do/make it more 'Artistically'...but then, your pic#1 doesn't look in any way or form of 'artistic'.....see that,...thus, a 'good-range' of DOF is strongly recommended whenever possible for Food-Photography...do note on this too...!!!

Pic#1 your DOF must 'well' cover from bread to the kopi or tea...cos can't really see/tell what drinks that was...?!?!...see that...!!! Unlike pic#2, whereby only the bowl of "smashed" eggs and bread and took place - in-line...(sori for my "SEnglish-Limited lah...hahaha,...off hand don't know what that appropriate 'terms/words' to use...!!) hope you can understand, bro!!!

Btw, Thanks bro asthio88 for helping out...greatly appreciated and PMed you for something you'd have been looking forward...!!!

Cheers to both bros...and wish both you all and your family.....HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS LUNAR DRAGON NEW YEAR 2012.....!!!!!!
    Last edited by blueskye168; 16th January 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88

Did you process from a RAW file in CRaw? From the pic it seems possible to eliminate or at least reduce (significantly) the color fringing. Sometimes another color maybe introduced when reducing the CA, you have to play with both sliders (Red/Cyan and Blue/Yellow) at the same time.

Another way is to desaturate (with color range) in PS, thn using mask to select the affected area.

1. Click and drag on the color fringing;

2. Mask out and paint with white on the affected area;

Final image;
    Thanks for the link!!!
    Sad to say I didn't take using Raw format... maybe can try next time.

Bro, pic#1 need to achieve a broader-DOF for a properly-done/well-executed Food-Photography...note on this, unless you intend to do/make it more 'Artistically'...but then, your pic#1 doesn't look in any way or form of 'artistic'.....see that,...thus, a 'good-range' of DOF is strongly recommended whenever possible for Food-Photography...do note on this too...!!!

Pic#1 your DOF must 'well' cover from bread to the kopi or tea...cos can't really see/tell what drinks that was...?!?!...see that...!!! Unlike pic#2, whereby only the bowl of "smashed" eggs and bread and took place - in-line...(sori for my "SEnglish-Limited lah...hahaha,...off hand don't know what that appropriate 'terms/words' to use...!!) hope you can understand, bro!!!
    Hmm... Alright will take note of it!! Thanks !!