Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619243964 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie learning to take food photos

Default Re: Newbie learning to take food photos

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Yes, not too bad...except the 2nd-shot which was "Flash-over-powered", but luckily you didn't create any unsightly "Highlight/Hotspot" on the important part of your food and cutlery as well, cos this seemed to be shot in/under a 'controlled-scenario' right, bro?? Hence, I'd and have to expect you to have acquired some simple knowledge by now ok...!! lah...and the rest...some other 'tips and tweaks' we'll discuss 'behind-the-scene/backstage=PM'...Pls remember our agreement and always...yah...bro!!!!!
    errr....not really controlled haha groomy day at my side not much light coming in. I dont have lamp at home hahaha

You'd have scored a 'Well Done' but now is rather and yes good lighting for this case cos of this top-down soup..., as this is a 'top-down' was shot at your time so should've put in a little more effort then...?!?! eg. that piece of "back-drop" beneath the delicious fishball noodle and I don't see why you wanna omit the cutlery...why?? Ok, the rest we'll go behind the scene ok!!
    The reason for omitting my cutlery is.....I can't find a matching chopstick and spoon at home
    and I cheated on the bowl haha I used a smaller bowl to make the fishball look bigger so the size of the cutlery a bit not size matching hahaha
    Last edited by ntheni; 31st December 2011 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asthio88 View Post
    paiseh didn't make it clear, yeah the mentioned food was taken in HK

I like this one but the pic looks empty both left & right. What I would have done is probably placing the mat diagonally (a tad) or crop it or add sm cutlery. You can also bring back sm detail on the fish balls/cakes.

I don't know, I just wd love to sink my teeth in whatever balls those are.. Hehehe.... Look yummy!!
    Joke a side, I agree with bro Eric. You have to take note of the consistency (not only the WB bt also the exposure) espec on shots of the same item/s.
    Oh dear, sound like sm secret society kinda stuff, can I join tht 'behind-the-scene' pact??
    Ya should have crop it...time to shop for some new kitchenware

Will take note of the exposure~ the weather weren't doing me any good that day haha

Well, for these two-shots I can understand as mine was almost all shot under such circumstances whereby I/we have to just shoot asap before being discovered, plus those Yellow/orange-colored lights from dim and afar till near but fall/shone on the not so favourable angle/sides of where we were seated and NO-flash allowed so as not to further "Alert" the aiya...you all know who those ppl are lah...hehee...!!!

Compo-wise it's alright as in 'acceptable' for the above 2-shots.....leh, Anthony
    ah...thank you bro hahaha

Woah...I'm soooto see that your shot/s is/are becoming better and better (...not bcos of there's bokeh in this shot hor...do note on this yah...!!) and getting the hand-of-it liao more-or-less huh...don't paiseh leh bro...heeheehee...!!!

Well, for the above shot, you'll really need to know what you want and are going to shoot = is it for your client/or as-requested or just a casual-fun-shot with playing of 'Bokeh'...??which?? is critical ok...so don't play play hehe
    Thank you hahaha for this shot I just want to concentrate on the beef roll, that why using the bokeh to bring the rest away and let the beef roll stand out

Well bro, is not easy to get my 'Thumb-Up' hor as you know huh, as 'it represents quite a lot of criteria' in order to attained it hor...!!!

Happy...really, that you've got it for this, make sure you keep it up hor...then!!!
    Thank you for the kind comment!!!

As for this above shot...hmm...can considered as as il'll certainly appeared 'Better/Best' if shot is executed in a similar crop but in another 'Orientation' so that the small triangular piece will fall a third at bottom-left-hand region and lemon somewhere around the region at a third on the top-right-hand, then, control the DOF to have the small cute little piece sharp untill towards the end of the Lamb chop...will certainly give a even better 'feel' when first look at it = Good-first-Impression man, bro remember hor!!!!!
    Thank for the tips!!! I will definitely go back for this lamb chop hahaa love it so much!! wWill try out the compostion again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ntheni View Post
    Thank for the tips!!! I will definitely go back for this lamb chop hahaa love it so much!! wWill try out the compostion again!!!
    Very good...like your Positive attitude, bro!!!!!...let'sbro!!

just remember to not make any mistake this time round or at least mistake/s only on 'Not-So-Important' things/issues...see that...Keep-it-Up...!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168

Very good...like your Positive attitude, bro!!!!!...let'sbro!!

just remember to not make any mistake this time round or at least mistake/s only on 'Not-So-Important' things/issues...see that...Keep-it-Up...!!!
    Haha must be positive then can learn right? Hahaa

Happy New Year bro Eric!!

Wishing everyone here a Happy & Great 2012!!!
    To all Food Thread Starter,
    In year 2012, Cook more, Eat more, Shot more, Post more hahaha
    Happy 2012!!

Haha must be positive then can learn right? Hahaa

Happy New Year bro Eric!!
    Yes bro, and you too.....Happy New Year 2012...heeheehee...!!!!!!
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

A simple meal to start off year 2012

Bak Chor Mee (Minced Meat Noodle)
    Chai Chee Bak Chor Mee (East Coast Road)

3 Stars Out of 5
    Last edited by ntheni; 14th February 2012 at 12:07 PM.

Fried Wonton

3 Stars Out of 5

Well, just sincerely hope that you can understand ( due to me and Antony's agreement...and do give me some bit more of time for some thoughts can bro asthio88, don't be disappointed at this very moment as I can assured you that your 'Chances' are 'High' ok, bro...c'mon...smile lehhh...hahaha...!!!!!
    Oh mine, so am I first in the queue? Ok, I will just have to wait thn

Fried Wonton

Bro, these look really great

Thank you bro

Yes bro Anthony, #272 & 273 were presented with good and careful thoughts in mind during these shots = the bak-chot-mee well cropped and exposure and details of the importance as well as appropriate amount of DOF applied in this case = got my once again...!!!

As for the Fried-Wanton, a very balance close-up of it with good amount of DOF applied=very appropriately DOF applied(referred to the 2nd-Wanton-pic), and of composition and sharpness too for the two-wanton-shots.....hence, another from me....well!!!

Do remember to/must keep it up hor, bro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168
    Yes bro Anthony, #272 & 273 were presented with good and careful thoughts in mind during these shots = the bak-chot-mee well cropped and exposure and details of the importance as well as appropriate amount of DOF applied in this case = got my once again...!!!

As for the Fried-Wanton, a very balance close-up of it with good amount of DOF applied=very appropriately DOF applied(referred to the 2nd-Wanton-pic), and of composition and sharpness too for the two-wanton-shots.....hence, another from me....well!!!

Do remember to/must keep it up hor, bro!!!
    Thank you bro haha will try hard to maintain haha

Just came back from Genting, so share some food taken there. Not very nicely taken

Marry Brown Fried Chicken
    (Genting Highland)

3 Stars Out of 5

Java Noodle
    Old Town (Genting Highland)

3 Stars Out of 5

Java Noodle
    Old Town (Genting Highland)

Mee Jawa!!! Looks nice, how did it taste?
    I prefer the more soupy version with perkedel (potato croquette) but still, would be great to have a bowl of it now
    Btw bro, you may want to pay attention to the chromatic aberrations which is very obvious ard the plate and chopsticks.