Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Utd XII: Legacy continues with Historic No.19 n still Counting...

Default Re: Man Utd XII: Legacy continues with Historic No.19 n still Counting...

Fixtures 2011/12: Provisional dates

Manchester United's bid to retain the Barclays Premier League trophy in 2011/12 will begin with a trip to West Bromwich Albion.

This match is initially scheduled for Saturday 13 August but like all fixtures, it's subject to change and fans are advised to wait for confirmation before booking travel or accommodation. Selections for live TV broadcasts and, consequently, the revised kick-off times will be announced in due course.

It's the first time in six seasons the Reds will play away from home on the opening day. Old Trafford's first action will come the following weekend when Tottenham visit M16 on Saturday 20 August. That's the first of three consecutive home games against London opposition: Arsenal (27 August) and Chelsea (17 September) follow shortlty afterwards, with a trip to Bolton sandwiched between.

At the other end of the season, the Reds finish with a tricky trip to the Stadium of Light to face Sunderland on Sunday 13 May. The last home game is against newly-promoted Swansea City on Saturday 5 May. United's full 2011/12 list is as follows:

Sat 13 Aug - West Brom (A)
    Sat 20 Aug - Tottenham Hotspur (H)
    Sat 27 Aug - Arsenal (H)
    Sat 10 Sep - Bolton Wanderers (A)
    Sat 17 Sep - Chelsea (H)
    Sat 24 Sep - Stoke City (A)
    Sat 1 Oct - Norwich City (H)
    Sat 15 Oct - Liverpool (A)
    Sat 22 Oct - Manchester City (H)
    Sat 29 Oct - Everton (A)
    Sat 5 Nov - Sunderland (H)
    Sat 19 Nov - Swansea City (A)
    Sat 26 Nov - Newcastle United (H)
    Sat 3 Dec - Aston Villa (A)
    Sat 10 Dec - Wolves (H)
    Sat 17 Dec - QPR (A)
    Wed 21 Dec - Fulham (A)
    Mon 26 Dec - Wigan Athletic (H)
    Sat 31 Dec - Blackburn Rovers (H)
    Mon 2 Jan - Newcastle (A)
    Sat 14 Jan - Bolton Wanderers (H)
    Sat 21 Jan - Arsenal (A)
    Tue 31 Jan - Stoke City (H)
    Sat 4 Feb - Chelsea (A)
    Sat 11 Feb - Liverpool (H)
    Sat 25 Feb - Norwich City (A)
    Sat 3 Mar - Tottenham Hotspur (A)
    Sat 10 Mar - West Brom (H)
    Sat 17 Mar - Wolves (A)
    Sat 24 Mar - Fulham (H)
    Sat 31 Mar - Blackburn Rovers (A)
    Sat 7 Apr - QPR (H)
    Mon 9 Apr - Wigan Athletic (A)
    Sat 14 Apr - Aston Villa (H)
    Sat 21 Apr - Everton (H)
    Sat 28 Apr - Manchester City (A)
    Sat 5 May - Swansea City (H)
    Sun 13 May - Sunderland (A)

Source
    Last edited by melvin; 17th June 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Default Re: Man Utd XII: Legacy continues with Historic No.19 n still Counting...

Key league clashes

Provisional dates:
    Sat 27 Aug Arsenal (H)
    Sat 17 Sep Chelsea (H)
    Sat 15 Oct Liverpool (A)
    Sat 22 Oct Man City (H)
    Sat 21 Jan Arsenal (A)
    Sat 4 Feb Chelsea (A)
    Sat 11 Feb Liverpool (H)
    Sat 28 Apr Man City (A)

Cup dates (provisional)
    Wed 21 Sep Carling Cup 3
    Wed 26 Oct Carling Cup 4
    Wed 30 Nov Carling Cup 5
    Sat 7 Jan FA Cup 3
    Wed 11 Jan Carling Cup semi-final (1)
    Wed 25 Jan Carling Cup semi-final (2)
    Sat 28 Jan FA Cup 4
    Sat 18 Feb FA Cup 5
    Sun 26 Feb Carling Cup final
    Sat 17 Mar FA Cup 6
    Sat 14 Apr FA Cup semi-final
    Sat 5 May FA Cup final

Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    Man Utd must buy a real good quality midfielder centre this season, like Luka Modric, Sneijder, Pastore, etc.
    I don't wish to see any new winger coming in before we get a real good midfielder centre, but Ferguson seems to favour winger more than midfielder centre.
    maybe SAF likes to eat chicken/duck/pigeon wing, rather than stomach meat... who know??

haha..maybe SAF really likes chicken wing. Till now we only heard wingers like Ashley Young and Sanchez. Where are the big stars for midfielder centre?
    Kent Wong Photography |Leica Q & Leica M-P 240 | 75 & 28mm Summilux

Quote Originally Posted by kentwong81 View Post
    haha..maybe SAF really likes chicken wing. Till now we only heard wingers like Ashley Young and Sanchez. Where are the big stars for midfielder centre?
    rumours tat Nani is selling off.. he perfectly good for last season.. if tat true, left how many wings? Valencia, Giggs (problem uncle, maybe get jail due to false testification), Park...tat all ? Oh no, better buy and keep stock inside fridge..

Reds sign Ashley Young

Ashley Young has swapped the claret and blue of Aston Villa for the famous red of Manchester United.

The 25-year-old is the second confirmed new arrival at Old Trafford this summer, after Blackburn Rovers defender Phil Jones agreed a move on 13 June.

A club statement on Thursday afternoon read: “Manchester United is delighted to announce it has reached agreement with Aston Villa for the transfer of Ashley Young.

“The player passed a medical in Manchester this week and has agreed a five-year contract.”

Young, who began his professional career at Watford before moving to Villa Park in January 2007, made 193 appearances for the Birmingham side and scored 30 goals. He's also renowned as a chief creator: in the last five Premier League seasons, only Cesc Fabregas provided more assists for his team-mates.

In an exclusive interview with MUTV, to be aired on Thursday evening at 18:30 BST, Young admitted he will miss the Midlands club, but explained "the opportunity to come and play for one of the biggest clubs in the world is one I couldn't turn down".

"It's a chance to... hopefully become part of the history by helping to win the 20th title." he said. "It's a prospect I always looked at from being a child: to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world."

Reds defender Rio Ferdinand welcomed the deal on Twitter, hailing his England team-mate as "another top, hungry and young player".

Source

Trophy heads to Kuala Lumpur

The Barclays Premier League trophy arrives at its sixth Asia Trophy Tour destination on Sunday for photographs at more iconic locations.

Ahead of Edwin van der Sar’s visit on Tuesday, the champions’ silverware is making its way to Kuala Lumpur, having already visited Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Jakarta and Bangkok so far.

The trophy will be on display at the Malaysian capital’s famous Petronas Twin Towers, once the tallest buildings in the world, at around 13:00 local time, before moving on to the similarly lofty KL Tower (aka Menara KL) at around 15:00.

Recently retired goalkeeper Van der Sar will be joining the United delegation in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday to appear at events hosted by club partners TM and Hublot.

The Dutchman is then making his way to Singapore on Wednesday to meet fans and attend further events organised by Nike and Hublot.

And the trophy will be staying in Singapore on Thursday for further photo opportunities with Reds fans.

Source

Anyone going?

Pair are the perfect pro's

ManUtd.com's Adam Marshall salutes two departing stalwarts, Wes Brown and John O'Shea...

Dependable, loyal players don't often hit the headlines in these days of flashy foreign imports and agent-driven transfer-seeking stories.

Wes Brown and John O'Shea will receive their share of column inches in the newspapers but not as much as the sagas dragging out on the back pages with fans eagerly anticipating the next big name to be linked with United and the other top clubs.

But all those at Old Trafford truly recognise the contribution of the two defenders to the sustained success under Sir Alex Ferguson and their willingness to accept the squad system that has reaped dividends over the years. There was an understanding of the bigger picture and the need to put the team first which allows the boss to pull off the balancing act of challenging for trophies on all fronts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall 'tabloid blasts' from either of the pair when they have been left out of big matches or failed to hold down a regular place in the side. It must have hurt Brown, in particular, when he was used so sparingly last term due largely to the emergence of Chris Smalling and development of the twins, but he didn't whinge about it.

Indeed, handed a start against Crawley in the FA Cup as captain in February, his first since mid-November, Wes responded by scoring the winning goal. O'Shea was also handed the armband for the Champions League semi-final second leg slaughter of Schalke and described it as the highlight of his season.

The loyal pair deserve fond farewells from the United fans. Some critics on message boards and social networks may have complained when seeing the names of Brown and O'Shea on the team-sheet but these people fail to appreciate the value the players provided. When O'Shea anchored a makeshift midfield against Arsenal in the FA Cup, the naysayers were up in arms but he played his part in striking a significant psychological blow to the Gunners.

Yet, in this period of change at the club, my personal thoughts drift further back than last season when recalling the moments that stick with me regarding Sunderland's new signings.

I first watched Brown live in the FA Youth Cup at Watford and remember telling my father afterwards that he and defensive partner John Curtis would 'make it' in Manchester. I can still see in my mind's eye Brown making a mug out of Leeds striker Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on his Premiership bow and being reassured that Sir Alex had some centre-back on his hands.

Another vivid memory of Wes came from close quarters at Villa Park, as he made a comeback after his latest long spell on the sidelines due to injury. A 40-60 challenge quickly materialised and you could almost sense a natural twinge of self-doubt before he launched into a ferocious tackle that former Reds boss Ron Atkinson might like to call a 'reducer'. It spoke bucketloads about his character.

O'Shea's magical moments are obvious - the last-gasp winner at Anfield, the sublime lofted finish at Arsenal, nutmegging Luis Figo and terrorising Newcastle at St James' Park from left-back. His versatility was so important, keeping a clean sheet at Spurs when donning the gloves and coming on as centre-forward against Reading to emphasise the fact that he is the ultimate squad player.

Some fans will crave big-money signings and glamorous names but it's players like Brown and O'Shea who have proved so vital to ensuring United have enjoyed regular success. I wish them the very best at Sunderland, a fine, proud club, and know the Stadium of Light faithful will surely afford them the support and adulation they deserve.

It's good business for Steve Bruce and the players can look forward to regular first-team football. There's a real end-of-era feeling thanks to Edwin van der Sar, Owen Hargreaves, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, O'Shea and Brown all departing, but the next wave of senior professionals are already firmly established as Sir Alex expertly ensures his squad evolves and adapts to the changes.

And at least Ryan Giggs is still around to keep the ties with the past still firmly alive and others will no doubt step up to the plate to cement their own place in United's history.

Source

Finally lobang king is gone thanks to black cats after end season departure of MC king!

USA Tour 2011 Fixtures

13 July: New England Revolution
    Gillette Stadium, Boston

20 July: Seattle Sounders
    CenturyLink Field, Seattle

23 July: Chicago Fire
    Soldier Field, Chicago

27 July: MLS All-Stars
    Red Bull Arena, New Jersey

30 July: Barcelona
    FedExField, Washington DC

United fixture changes

The first fixture changes for 2011/12 have been announced, affecting ten of United's opening twelve matches in the Barclays Premier League.

Nine of the amendments have been made for live television coverage while another, Everton away, has been brought forward at the request of the police. Details of the changes are as follows:

West Brom away (was Saturday 13 August) - Sunday 14 August KO 16:00, live on Sky
    Tottenham home (was Saturday 20 August) - Monday 22 August KO 20:00, live on Sky
    Arsenal home (was Saturday 27 August) - Sunday 28 August KO 16:00, live on Sky
    Bolton away - Saturday 10 September KO 12:45 or 17:30 tbc, live on ESPN
    Chelsea home (was Sat. 17 September) - Sunday 18 September KO 16:00, live on Sky
    Stoke away - Saturday 24 September KO 17:30, live on ESPN
    *Liverpool away - Saturday 15 October KO 12.45, live on Sky
    Man City home (was Sat. 22 October) - Sunday 23 October KO 13:30, live on Sky
    Everton away - Saturday 29 October KO 12:00 (police request)
    Swansea away - Saturday

19 November KO 17:30, live on ESPN

*The Liverpool away match is subject to further change as a result of the UEFA Champions League Group Stage draw. This draw will take place in Monaco on Thursday 25 August.

Source

My Jersey was here..:

雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    My Jersey was here..:

Your Rooney jersey reminds me that one of supporter wear jersey with Rooney's name to the pool match against Malaysia ended up kena strip!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Your Rooney jersey reminds me that one of supporter wear jersey with Rooney's name to the pool match against Malaysia ended up kena strip!
    Isn't it? ..so serious!
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Wayne Rooney has bestowed legendary status on the young Malaysian fan who risked life and limb at a Liverpool training session in the Far East.

A packed stand full of locals wearing LFC tops were stunned on Saturday when a United fan wearing a Reds jersey with Rooney emblazoned on the back strolled in and sat among the Anfielder’s Malaysian support.

They were furious and eventually managed to strip the shirt off his back.

But Rooney has posted a tweet on his twitter account acclaiming his brave actions: “The lad who went to watch Liverpool’s training session in an MUFC top with my name on back is a legend.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...asher-a-legend
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Wayne Rooney has bestowed legendary status on the young Malaysian fan who risked life and limb at a Liverpool training session in the Far East.

A packed stand full of locals wearing LFC tops were stunned on Saturday when a United fan wearing a Reds jersey with Rooney emblazoned on the back strolled in and sat among the Anfielder’s Malaysian support.

They were furious and eventually managed to strip the shirt off his back.

But Rooney has posted a tweet on his twitter account acclaiming his brave actions: “The lad who went to watch Liverpool’s training session in an MUFC top with my name on back is a legend.”

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...asher-a-legend

Cheers to the legend!

That guy is either dumb or too brave... But I support him!

Anyway, I finally have mioTV installed, and is ready for action in the next season..... enough of internet streaming and late night pubbing (wife complain lah....).
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    That guy is either dumb or too brave... But I support him!

Anyway, I finally have mioTV installed, and is ready for action in the next season..... enough of internet streaming and late night pubbing (wife complain lah....).
    Congrats!
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Just to share the highlight between MLS All Star 0 - 4 Man Utd

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodi...ghts-14022243/
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS

Just to share the highlight between MLS All Star 0 - 4 Man Utd

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodi...ghts-14022243/
    Thought this time round they sending a much stronger all star team then last yr but result seems to state otherwise! or are we just too strong up front?

Man Utd 2
    Nani (22), Owen (76)
    FC Barcelona 1
    Thiago (70)

Barcelona 1 United 2

No Messi, no problem. Two months after Champions League final heartache, United fans finally had something to celebrate against Barcelona, as the Reds beat the European Champions 2-1 at FedEx Field in Washington DC.

Without their Argentinian playmaker (or Xavi, Dani Alves, Javier Mascherano, Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol), Barcelona lacked much of the creativity and movement that tore the Reds apart in May's Champions League final.

Of course, this game didn't matter quite so much, despite local media billing the game as a Wembley rematch and a chance for United, apparently, to “exact revenge” for May's painful defeat.

In reality, though, this was merely a pre-season run-out for Sir Alex's men, albeit a vital one with the Community Shield clash against Manchester City just eight days away.

United, at the end of a three-week stint in the States, started brightly and Rooney should perhaps have opened the scoring on 10 minutes when Nani whipped a dangerous ball across the box from the right. Rooney edged in front of his marker at the near post but blasted his low shot wide of the post.

Barcelona – shorn of their South American stars, including Lionel Messi - enjoyed a spell of short dominance after Rooney's miss, although failed to test Reds goalkeeper David De Gea. One deep cross from the right did force Fabio, on as a substitute for his injured brother (knee) on 17 minutes, to head behind for a corner, however.

With the Catalan side committed forward, the Reds cleared the set-piece and broke quickly down the pitch. Danny Welbeck slipped a pass between two Barcelona defenders for Nani to chase and when the Portuguese wide-man collected the ball he kept his cool to steer home United's opener via the gap between Victor Valdes' legs.

It was classic counter-attacking football from the Reds, the sort of which United fans saw far too infrequently in the last two Champions League finals. Instead, those games will always be remembered for Barcelona's staggering possession play.

Here in DC, there was less of that on display, although admittedly the Catalans were missing keep-ball kings Xavi and Messi. The less savoury side to Barcelona's game remained, though. Ashley Young and Jonny Evans were caught by wild tackles in the first half, while Sergio Busquets and David Villa both made the most of tame challenges.

Sir Alex made three changes at the break (an interval that featured basketball superstar Kobe Bryant taking penalties on the pitch) but it was Nani, United's liveliest player in the first 45 minutes, who continued to pose problems for the Barcelona defence whenever the Reds pushed forward.

At the other end, David De Gea's first save came just after the restart when he smothered Pedro's angled shot. Otherwise, the former Atletico Madrid stopper had precious little to do until the 70th minute when Thiago rifled a swerving shot into the top corner from 20 yards. There was no stopping that thunderbolt and the goal gave Barca a noticeable shot of confidence.

Six minutes later, though, United were back in front when Cleverley intercepted a stray pass and fed Michael Owen through the middle. The former Real Madrid forward – Barcelona fans won't have forgotten that fact – is usually lethal in one-on-one situations, and he made no mistake here, dinking the ball over Valdes to restore the Reds' lead.

United's win doesn't erase the memories of May's Champions League final or even strike a significant psychological blow in the battle for European football supremacy. It did, however, ensure Sir Alex's men remained undefeated in all five US Tour fixtures (scoring 20, conceding three), and provide a high-intensity finish to pre-season preparations.

Next up: the Community Shield. Bring on the Blues!

United: De Gea; Rafael (Fabio 17), Vidic (Jones 76), Evans, Evra (Smalling 46); Nani, Cleverley, Anderson (Giggs 46), Young (Obertan 62); Rooney (Owen 46), Welbeck (76)
    Subs not used: Amos, Berbatov, Ferdinand, Carrick, Park, Macheda

source

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast