Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clients wan raw files

Default clients wan raw files

hi bros,i've just finished an event and already sent the photos to them. however client wans the raw files,and willing to pay extra for them,how much shd i charge them?

Default Re: clients wan raw files

Quote Originally Posted by socksiong View Post
    hi bros,i've just finished an event and already sent the photos to them. however client wans the raw files,and willing to pay extra for them,how much shd i charge them?
    raw files as in raw format files?
    charge high enough to turn them off.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

are you seriously even think about selling those?

Regards,

Hart

i have no experience in this query,i welcome all suggestions,shd i sell them or provide them foc?

from their reply today,i think they mean tiffs

It really depend on your nature of the work. Also what is the purpose of the usage.

Maybe you can enlighten us?

For personal keepsake, my rate is rather cheap at $100 per image.

For commercial, I charge $500 per media per year per country per image.

Regards,

Hart

What kind of event, who is the client and what did the contract state?
    Alpha

it was a conference.

it was a conference.
    Ok. what did the contract state?
    Alpha

Hmm, weird, wondering why do they want RAW files for a conference...

Different people have different interpretation of the word 'RAW'. Photographers (most) know what RAW files mean but non-photographers they may just meant uncropped/un-sized/unedited/unenhanced file. Or like what you said, a Tiff file.

Asking what Rashkae asked, what kind of clients?
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

i have no experience in this query,i welcome all suggestions,shd i sell them or provide them foc?
    Nothing is FOC.. Must Charge them if they want..
    AD Wedding, ROM, B'day and Other Events. Provide Service At Budget Rate
    Chuan PhotoGraphy

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Hmm, weird, wondering why do they want RAW files for a conference...

Different people have different interpretation of the word 'RAW'. Photographers (most) know what RAW files mean but non-photographers they may just meant uncropped/un-sized/unedited/unenhanced file. Or like what you said, a Tiff file.

Asking what Rashkae asked, what kind of clients?
    Sometimes, even photographers have a different idea of what a RAW file can do. I've actually seen it being posted in forums,

Nonetheless, if Client is not sure, ask if you could speak with the AD or Designer who's doing their work to determine exactly what they need. Hopefully, the designer (or Art Director) should know ...

most of the time clients and photographers using the SAME words to describe DIFFERENT things.

for this instant, the client might referring to unedited digital image files as RAW.

we, photographers call RAW format file eg NEF, CRW/CR2, as RAW.

perhaps TS client want to have the digital softcopy to be save as tiff, to obtain loss-less quality for further editing, not the raw format files.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Again, what does your contract say???

You are advertising yourself as an Event Photographer in your signature, yet you seem to struggle answering the most basic business questions.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    most of the time clients and photographers using the SAME words to describe DIFFERENT things.

for this instant, the client might referring to unedited digital image files as RAW.

we, photographers call RAW format file eg NEF, CRW/CR2, as RAW.

perhaps TS client want to have the digital softcopy to be save as tiff, to obtain loss-less quality for further editing, not the raw format files.

I second that !

Quote Originally Posted by junliang78 View Post
    I second that !
    I dont get your message, isnt all of those that you mentioned considered RAW?
    NEF, CRW or DNG are just proprietry RAW formats which are most of the time straight from camera with minimal in-camera processing. To me RAW files are always un-edited until at the end of the workflow, which is either TIFF or JPEG. Provided you are using a non destructive photo editor

corect me if im wrong. And with regards to TS prob, i kinda agree with rashkae here.
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

hi sorry all, been bz, v hectic week, was at aff.
    ok to answer some of the queries, i've confirmed with the client that they want something high res, so from my pov, i will provide hi-res tiff files. will courier to them on wed.
    as for contract, i'm a freelancer so i don't give clients any contracts (don't flame pls, shd i start using 1 now?).

You are the kind of people who are killing the photography business.....dun even have a contract. Next time people will think, nah dun need to sign any agreement with the photographer, just agree to pay him $20 and then later can make him do whatever we want. hahahahahaha those stupid photographer

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    You are the kind of people who are killing the photography business.....dun even have a contract. Next time people will think, nah dun need to sign any agreement with the photographer, just agree to pay him $20 and then later can make him do whatever we want. hahahahahaha those stupid photographer
    i dun charge 20$ , but thanx for ur comment. so far right now, everything is confirmed via email, and invoiced.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireemblem View Post
    i kind of agree with most of the more experienced members here, even though i myself havent actually landed an event assignment yet. you may want to look at a written (not verbal/impromptu emails!) contract as a form of protection towards both yourself and the client, particularly in this case protection of your intellectual property.
    naheuy|A7|A77
    naheuy photography

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast