Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nikon forum so garang

Quote Originally Posted by rains
    Alright guys, I have read the D700 thread up till page 3. I read it not because I was tackling that thread, but since you are so insistent that I ought to read it before I comment further.

You are going to be very upset with what I am going to say.

From what I read, the thread starter started out with a question about his picture and subsequently, someone picked up 'spot metering' and the thread started steering in the 'metering' direction.

It was helpful until we hit the top of page 3. Daredevil commented "I think DSLR is not for you. Maybe you should stick to cameras with auto modes." and the rest of the commenters started saying he should buy a pns and stuff to that effect.

He got offended obviously and blew up with a 'what's wrong with you people?' and from then on he got defensive.

That was how I saw it.

Yes, most threads in this forum are like that. I am not sure about other people, but in other forums, I post a question, the forummers either keep quiet/ignore because they don't have an answer, or give me an answer right to the point. Finish. Keep the objective of the forum and threads clear and direct.

Don't have to insult someone based on their ignorance. Then after many bash the thread starter, conclude that the thread starter was rude, arrogant, unteachable etc. Does it serve any purpose besides satisfying your ego?
    Erm...
    "I think my metering got problem!"
    And
    "Nikon has left a bad impression on me."

How do you feel if you tell someone that spot metering will meter the correct exposure of the af point is but the person reply "no no is my cam metering got problem!"
    What does this look like to you?

Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    Alright guys, I have read the D700 thread up till page 3. I read it not because I was tackling that thread, but since you are so insistent that I ought to read it before I comment further.

From what I read, the thread starter started out with a question about his picture and subsequently, someone picked up 'spot metering' and the thread started steering in the 'metering' direction.

It was helpful until we hit the top of page 3. Daredevil commented "I think DSLR is not for you. Maybe you should stick to cameras with auto modes." and the rest of the commenters started saying he should buy a pns and stuff to that effect.

He got offended obviously and blew up with a 'what's wrong with you people?' and from then on he got defensive.

That was how I saw it.

Yes, most threads in this forum are like that. I am not sure about other people, but in other forums, I post a question, the forummers either keep quiet/ignore because they don't have an answer, or give me an answer right to the point. Finish. Keep the objective of the forum and threads clear and direct.

Don't have to insult someone based on their ignorance. Then after many bash the thread starter, conclude that the thread starter was rude, arrogant, unteachable etc. Does it serve any purpose besides satisfying your ego?
    @Rains I think there's some misunderstandings in the D700 thread. Ppl in general are protective of their expensive gears. Here comes along QQ asking a sincere and innocent question about his D700 over-exposing. First comes to my mind (through experience) is wrong metering mode used as i often repeat this mistake. Shouldn't be mistake on high iso, aperture wide open on sunny day since he being ex-5D2 user suggests that he is not a newbie. Seems to me everyone was helping until QQ started to bash nikon by saying it has never happened before on his 5D2. This brings everyone to wonder what the true integrity of QQ's thread was about. To ask a sincere genuine question or to bring up a brand war D700 vs 5D2 all over again...

That question could have easily been avoided if he read up his manual or more abt the D700 online. Or maybe rephrased his words in a less offensive way. But im pretty sure QQ didnt mean it that way : )
    Last edited by ikilledversace; 14th May 2011 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993 View Post
    Erm...
    And

How do you feel if you tell someone that spot metering will meter the correct exposure of the af point is but the person reply "no no is my cam metering got problem!"
    The metering problem just looks like either 'ignorance' or 'maybe I really don't understand his problem' to me.

I actually understand how he feels about Nikon leaving a bad impression on him because I happen to have a bad copy of a lens. It was my first time buying that lens after reading glowing reviews about it. And it has a back focusing issue and the shop and Nikon service centre refuse to do anything about it. The bad experience makes me think twice about Nikon as a camera manufacturer.

Doesn't this forum advocate 'Each person is entitled to his own opinion'? Why does a thread starter gets bashed when he expresses his opinion about Nikon? Again, the main thing to tackle ought to be the problem. If I cannot solve his problem despite being helpful, I will bow out graciously, not hurl insults at him.

Discussing equipments and quality and even places of manufacturing is part of photography fun then suddenly some smart a** came in and play that irritating " hiya, man behind this and that matters" tune again.

Shut the hell up if one do not wish to participate, just stick to whatever they have and DON'T EVER change or upgrade equipment so as to uphold the "man behind blah blah blah.." theory.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

That was how I saw it.

Erm...
    And

Quote Originally Posted by ikilledversace View Post
    @Rains I think there's some misunderstandings in the D700 thread. Ppl in general are protective of their expensive gears. Here comes along QQ asking a sincere and innocent question about his D700 over-exposing. First comes to my mind (through experience) is wrong metering mode used as i often repeat this mistake. Shouldn't be mistake on high iso, aperture wide open on sunny day since he being ex-5D2 user suggests that he is not a newbie. Seems to me everyone was helping until QQ started to bash nikon by saying it has never happened before on his 5D2. This brings everyone to wonder what the true integrity of QQ's thread was about. To ask a sincere genuine question or to bring up a brand war D700 vs 5D2 all over again...
    @Rain: it was gear bashing that got everyone riled up. TS obviously doesn't know how a DSLR functions. he was defensive from the start and took a stance that it's a gear problem not a user problem. although from one look, it's obvious it's a user problem from the images posted.

@ikilledversace: having used a 5DMkII before doesn't meant the user is someone who knows the basics. it just means he used a 5DMkII before.

The metering problem just looks like either 'ignorance' or 'maybe I really don't understand his problem' to me.

I actually understand how he feels about Nikon leaving a bad impression on him because I happen to have a bad copy of a lens. It was my first time buying that lens after reading glowing reviews about it. And it has a back focusing issue and the shop and Nikon service centre refuse to do anything about it. The bad experience makes me think twice about Nikon as a camera manufacturer.

Doesn't this forum advocate 'Each person is entitled to his own opinion'? Why does a thread starter gets bashed when he expresses his opinion about Nikon? Again, the main thing to tackle ought to be the problem. If I cannot solve his problem despite being helpful, I will bow out graciously, not hurl insults at him.

Noticed that members from 2009-recent ones tends to have this insult-people-for-fun thingy. Maybe have one BIG sticky saying, "No answer than don't answer". Save more bandwith without all kaypohs throwing rubbish to question.
    Inferiority Complex Behavior Signature: A900.D3x.M9..I have this and that blah blah...

That was how I saw it.

Perhaps it's because TS was using a 5DMk2 before jumping to nikon. I think we all have the impression that it takes one with in-depth knowledge before plunging in so much money to buy a Fullframe camera, and as for TS, 2 times already. It can be easily overlooked that he might be:
    1. Not enough experience with nikon products
    2. Got lured by friends/shopkeepers to buy the first 5DMk2 and can't get off from using FX camera
    3. Simply too rich $_$ (No offense intended, It might be good if you are really rich )

Spot metering is also someone available in Canon I suppose. With experience of 5DMk2, I would probably assume he also have knowledge of that, hence my first thought is that he got the exposure meter reverse, which is a pretty common mistake.

To the TS of the D700 thread, the thing with bros here in CS, in fact in most other forum is capping your words. It's virtually screaming out showing your anger. I can understand y you feel so pissed if I'm in your shoes. But I also remember that you also made a comment on your bad impression on Nikon, which can be quite a stir here. Try to keep your cool and question politely on your own issue and ignore ppl's insult. I was like you b4, being reprimand by DD123 and night86mare over my HDR image a while ago because I do not understand what they mean by Godzilla in pp. There wasn a argument but I learnt quite a bit of things there. Though my photo was still liked by my friends but what ppl here advises me are also quite useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ikilledversace View Post
    Then I think the Nikon repliers are over-sensitive. If the repliers had been objective and tackle the question (and ignore the thread starter's opinion about Nikon based on his bad experience), then they wouldn't wonder about the true integrity of the thread - another point I meant to highlight. The repliers tend to jump at something the thread starter say when the thread starter didn't mean that way at all, and the whole perspective of the thread is messed up. If the repliers just kept to the objective of tackling the question, and not doubt/wonder this and that, then this whole virtual saga would not have happened. Even if he'd meant to bring up a brand war, he wouldn't be able to if people ignore him, right? Anyway, I really don't think that's his objective. He was just saying 'Nikon leave a bad impression on me' out of spite. I myself also feel angry with Nikon for giving me a lousy copy of lens and have thoughts about jumping ship. Or maybe it takes a bad experience to put oneself in another's shoes.

Why am I 'fighting' this battle alone? bonrya, I am still smiling even as I type all this.

You sure about your first part? Metering is part of the basics in photography. If you don't know what metering mode does what than i can sincerely say the cam is a waste in his/her hands.

Being a previous nikon owner, i know what you mean. So i shall drop that part.

For your last part, i suggest you re-read the thread again and think carefully before replying. =)

i think this thread has lost all direction as well

Thread is started to ask why threads are locked for no reason. and also the uppity attitudes of the bros and sis here.

i think the TS got his answer.

to sum it up:

1) Threads that are asking or comparing same topics that spring up over and over will be closed due to wastage of the server. the answers can be found if the person searches for it and not just post without looking.

2) Threads where TS is being flamed, or is flaming people, will be closed as well. if the TS is not willing to learn, and is insisting on his/her own idea and not being co-operative. basically attitude problems

3) Threads that threaten to start a brand war by dissing gear/insulting the brand's users etc.

the threads discussed in this thread all flout the above rules. that's why they were closed.

you can all discuss till the cows come home, but that's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bornwild4 View Post
    Take it ez bros. Frankly, i notice Nikon forum is not that friendly.
    Sometime, a stupid question does help a lot to some.

So, either u answer it nicely or dont reply.
    That's my point.. Thx
    This is what the thread starter says. Note the 'point' he wants to make.

You sure about your first part? Metering is part of the basics in photography. If you don't know what metering mode does what than i can sincerely say the cam is a waste in his/her hands.

Being a previous nikon owner, i know what you mean. So i shall drop that part.

For your last part, i suggest you re-read the thread again and think carefully before replying. =)
    I am not an expert at metering either. I still use a DSLR. To hell with all the technicalities, I only know that DSLRs do produce better pictures and I have the money, so I want to buy DSLRs. Can?

I really went to read the thread again. I realised that it ends at page 3 and the only defensive statement the thread starter made was telling his repliers he does know how his camera works and he got shut up by the moderator.

If you did read the thread carefully, you'll realise that the remaining repliers kept laughing and scoffing at him. How would you feel if you are laughed at like that? I also don't like leh, even though I do admit I am lacking in the DSLR knowledge.

Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you. Shouldn't that be applicable to this forum as well?

This is what the thread starter says. Note the 'point' he wants to make.
    and with human nature being so diverse, is it possible with everyone? also... when someone refuses to learn, do u sit quietly still? or do u try to bring your point across more strongly?

I am not an expert at metering either. I still use a DSLR. To hell with all the technicalities, I only know that DSLRs do produce better pictures and I have the money, so I want to buy DSLRs. Can?

I really went to read the thread again. I realised that it ends at page 3 and the only defensive statement the thread starter made was telling his repliers he does know how his camera works and he got shut up by the moderator.

If you did read the thread carefully, you'll realise that the remaining repliers kept laughing and scoffing at him. How would you feel if you are laughed at like that? I also don't like leh, even though I do admit I am lacking in the DSLR knowledge.

Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you. Shouldn't that be applicable to this forum as well?
    Sure it's your money! No problems there but it doesn't change the fact that it's a waste if you don't bother learning the basics.

It ends at page 4 not 3.

If i were to be laughed at i would naturally get angry and defend myself but once i've cool down i will think why.

Sure it's your money! No problems there but it doesn't change the fact that it's a waste if you don't bother learning the basics.

It ends at page 4 not 3.

If i were to be laughed at i would naturally get angry and defend myself but once i've cool down i will think why.
    Well, in the first place, all those laugh-ers should just shut up and move on rather than attracting more kpo-laugh-ers. If one can't wake up his/her ideas, do you think its better to let him knock on his paths and learn the hard way or laugh at him?

Mocking at people is a much more wastage of everything. Same goes for one-liner google-chanters.

Quote Originally Posted by wakaowalao

Well, in the first place, all those laugh-ers should just shut up and move on rather than attracting more kpo-laugh-ers. If one can't wake up his/her ideas, do you think its better to let him knock on his paths and learn the hard way or laugh at him?

Mocking at people is a much more wastage of everything. Same goes for one-liner google-chanters.
    Well you can't stop people from laughing at someone no? What can you do, really? That is how the world is.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    to sum it up:

1) Threads that are asking or comparing same topics that spring up over and over will be closed due to wastage of the server. the answers can be found if the person searches for it and not just post without looking.

2) Threads where TS is being flamed, or is flaming people, will be closed as well. if the TS is not willing to learn, and is insisting on his/her own idea and not being co-operative. basically attitude problems

3) Threads that threaten to start a brand war by dissing gear/insulting the brand's users etc.

the threads discussed in this thread all flout the above rules. that's why they were closed.

you can all discuss till the cows come home, but that's all there is to it.
    errr... how about the MIC/MIJ thread? Why was it closed? I am sure that topic is not the most repeated topic in Nikon forum by far. A likely candidate should be "Should I upgrade to FF?" but you still see such threads almost every week and the mods don't lock them up.

I did a search on nikon forum for the PAST THREE months for the keyword china + thailand. I found 17 threads. And ONLY TWO threads are related to the Nikon country of manufacture. One was the MIC thread posted in May which was closed an another thread "Nikon may relocate partial operations from Sendai to Malaysia!" was posted in March.

Err.... Is that call "spring up over and over" and "wastage of server space"?

Why wasn't this thread locked up??~

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    errr... how about the MIC/MIJ thread? Why was it closed? I am sure that topic is not the most repeated topic in Nikon forum by far. A likely candidate should be "Should I upgrade to FF?" but you still see such threads almost every week and the mods don't lock them up.

I did a search on nikon forum for the PAST THREE months for the keyword china + thailand. I found 17 threads. And ONLY TWO threads are related to the Nikon country of manufacture. One was the MIC thread posted in May which was closed an another thread "Nikon may relocate partial operations from Sendai to Malaysia!" was posted in March.

Err.... Is that call "spring up over and over" and "wastage of server space"?
    the mods are not God and they can't oversee everything. but once they deem the comments and topic being "eerily" similar to another previous thread, i'm sure they'll lock it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bethpapa74 View Post
    Why wasn't this thread locked up??~
    because the Mods most probably want us to trash out our differences before stepping in when someone starts flaming. that person isn't here yet. all of us here are still coolheaded

And who are you to say that the thread starter did not?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast