Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 108

Thread: Nikon forum so garang

  1. #41

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    well. to keep it simple...

    what u wont say in real life, ur words and ur tones, u shldnt use it here also.

    in RL, if u keep asking ur colleagues/ur boss abt how to get stuff done, and u still keep repeating the same mistakes/dun learn how to be self reliant first, ask only if u really hit a brick wall, i think ur gonna get sacked also.

    why shld the online world differ from reallife in terms of civility? i think there shld be no difference.

    how about this thread?
    Nikon lens make in china
    this thread locked by Mod chngPE01

    EVERYBODY is being civil and polite.

    BTW, most newbies ask the question only ONCE. They don't ask repeatedly as you said. It looks repeatedly because there are many newbies. Anyway, I think repeated question is not the crux of the problem here. Mods tolerate repeated questions to a certain extent else they would have to close MANY MANY threads. I think threads are closed for two different reasons.

    1) In the D700 thread, the TS was being rude. So I kind of think he asked for it.

    2) In the MIC/MIJ thread, the people involved were all polite and civil but the mod THINKS what they are discussing is "Meaningless discussion here. Don't waste time and bandwidth here. " So he closes the thread. Do you think it is correct?
    Last edited by alantkh; 14th May 2011 at 10:40 AM.

  2. #42
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh

    how about this thread?
    Nikon lens make in china
    this thread locked by Mod chngPE01

    2) In the MIC/MIJ thread, the people involved were all polite and civil but the mod THINKS what they are discussing is "Meaningless discussion here. Don't waste time and bandwidth here. " So he closes the thread. Do you think it is correct?
    Read my post above.

    Then you will understand why the attempt to correlate country of manufacture and quality is meaningless.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 14th May 2011 at 10:49 AM.

  3. #43
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    I am not sure if most people are like me, but I do assume a different persona when I am in the virtual world. I do use tones and words that I don't in real life. And the forum is free right? If I know I will get sacked, I won't ask a single question at all. I am supposed to be a know-all in real life, because I won't get to keep my rice bowl if I am not. But in virtual world and in subject areas that I am ignorant of, why do I pretend to know all? And it's precisely I don't pretend that I show this forum what I don't know. But instead of helping, I get bashed for asking stupid questions. Basically, your real life and virtual world's argument does not stand because in real life, I use my expertise to earn money, but in virtual world, this is a forum to help me to learn. Different things altogether.
    so u have a spilt personality disorder? :bsmile: jkjk.

    as u mentioned, the problem is ur asking , and i quote ur words "stupid questions", that might had already gotten ans from google, or had been answered before!

    this is a forum to help u learn, but are u just gonna sit there and be spoonfed? or are u gonna put in effort in learning!

    the important thing is, EFFORT IN LEARNING!

    if u hit a hard concept and need to ask for help, sure we will help.

    if ur gonna tell me a d700 is different from a 5dmk2 and better and insist its the equipment problem. u know what will come.

    unless u find me sufficient examples to prove that most members shoot ppl immediately...... i think ur just making empty noise yea? hope u get my drift

  4. #44

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    well...

    if u read the d700 thread, let me hear what ur thoughts are abt it. was it really the members being irritating? or was it because somebody was beign stubborn and acting pro?

    raise me an example where we became not very civil, before we even give proper good sound advice first, and the mod didnt shut the thread and give that loudmouth an infraction. i think there are very little, almost none.
    I am not referring to just one single incident when I posted my thought. I am talking about the general trend here. I see alot of 'Don't expect to be spoonfed', 'Google is your best friend', 'These are similar threads to your question', 'Use the search engine' etc to newbie questions asked.

    There is a reason why people call themselves 'newbies'. If we know so much, we don't need to ask already. I don't read the D700 thread because I get the feeling that it's going to be similar to other threads I have read: 'we are trying to teach you but you are acting smart/arrogant', 'you ought to be humble'. Sometimes I wonder how humble these repliers themselves are. I always thought that the harsh words a person use on another person is often the very reflection of themselves. The most selfish person I know would accuse others of being selfish. The most mercenary person I know would accuse others of being mercenary and so on. And the most autocratic person would accuse others of not being democratic - some of you would be familiar with this.

    I have been embroiled in thread arguments before, and I must say there's very little pleasure to have people jumping at every word you say. I don't understand why some people have to nitpick another just by the words typed here and get all fired up. Isn't the forum a place for you to learn? Alot of times, I feel that this forum becomes a battleground rather than a teach-and-learn place. In other forums, I post my questions, the repliers give me answers. Finished. I got what I want to learn and leave the thread at that. I don't even need to say thank you and be pretentiously eternally grateful. But in this forum, you better say 'thank you', man, and probably say something beyond that even to show a virtual proscration. If not you'll be shot for being ungrateful, unappreciative etc. haha ... I know I am exaggerating here. You know, in other forums, I don't even need to clarify that I am kidding around, but in this forum, I'd better.

    I just feel that this forum is really unlike the others. I feel that I need to tread very very carefully and it takes the pleasure out of forumming, and learning.

    Thanks for being kind so far. I know there's more danger when I respond.

  5. #45
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart
    well...

    if u read the d700 thread, let me hear what ur thoughts are abt it. was it really the members being irritating? or was it because somebody was beign stubborn and acting pro?

    raise me an example where we became not very civil, before we even give proper good sound advice first, and the mod didnt shut the thread and give that loudmouth an infraction. i think there are very little, almost none.
    +1! The seniors here are all friendly people and always help as much as they can until you refuse to listen to advice and insist your methods are right. That's when they switch off.

    The main difference between this forum and other e.g. Motherhood forums are that there are real pros here and some actually do this for a living. They don't owe you anything and help when possible. You'll also find there's no general sharing here either for recommendations on brands to buy (you'll know why if you've been reading the threads)

    Don't say things like 'but if they're pro shouldn't they help?' it's a selfish way of thinking. No one is obligated to help and the general consensus is if you don't help yourself, no one will help you. Of course, if you're drowning no one will ignore you either. You'll be surprised.

    Join a few outings with us and you'll think differently.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  6. #46
    Member crystal1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Japan, Tokyo
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rains

    I am not referring to just one single incident when I posted my thought. I am talking about the general trend here. I see alot of 'Don't expect to be spoonfed', 'Google is your best friend', 'These are similar threads to your question', 'Use the search engine' etc to newbie questions asked.

    There is a reason why people call themselves 'newbies'. If we know so much, we don't need to ask already. I don't read the D700 thread because I get the feeling that it's going to be similar to other threads I have read: 'we are trying to teach you but you are acting smart/arrogant', 'you ought to be humble'. Sometimes I wonder how humble these repliers themselves are. I always thought that the harsh words a person use on another person is often the very reflection of themselves. The most selfish person I know would accuse others of being selfish. The most mercenary person I know would accuse others of being mercenary and so on. And the most autocratic person would accuse others of not being democratic - some of you would be familiar with this.

    I have been embroiled in thread arguments before, and I must say there's very little pleasure to have people jumping at every word you say. I don't understand why some people have to nitpick another just by the words typed here and get all fired up. Isn't the forum a place for you to learn? Alot of times, I feel that this forum becomes a battleground rather than a teach-and-learn place. In other forums, I post my questions, the repliers give me answers. Finished. I got what I want to learn and leave the thread at that. I don't even need to say thank you and be pretentiously eternally grateful. But in this forum, you better say 'thank you', man, and probably say something beyond that even to show a virtual proscration. If not you'll be shot for being ungrateful, unappreciative etc. haha ... I know I am exaggerating here. You know, in other forums, I don't even need to clarify that I am kidding around, but in this forum, I'd better.

    I just feel that this forum is really unlike the others. I feel that I need to tread very very carefully and it takes the pleasure out of forumming, and learning.

    Thanks for being kind so far. I know there's more danger when I respond.
    I think you should go read the d700 thread before making assumptions here. Go read TS's replies and put yourself in the shoes of someone genuinely trying to help but yet the person you're helping keep making excuses and blame it on his/her equipment.

    In regards to the 'must think carefully before posting', shouldn't it be this way? A lot of answers can be found just by reading the manual or doing a simple search. If it really can't be found or you tried searching than ok go ahead and create a thread to post your question. If the replies are flaming you than explain to them that you read the manual/did a search but yield no favourable results. That isn't so hard is it?

  7. #47

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Look at the several posts above yours. And you will know which post we are talking about.

    About the thread you are talking about, the argument is about quality of products made in different countries. I agree that new production lines will suffer from some kinks in the initial stage. But that is the same for a new line in the same country in the same site. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the country or site where the new line is being set up. I have shown you real examples of new lines exceeding in quality of old lines in my previous post. Every new line needs to be fine tuned and ramped up. But new lines have the advantage of lessons learnt and best practices and these new lines can be designed to be more efficient from scratch. New lines are almost ALWAYS faster to reach the target yield levels compared to the original time the old lines first took.

    In the end how a line performs are dependent on the processes, the production teams and how the line is designed. Nothing to do with where it is. A new line when up to speed can exceed the old line. Any existing lines can also fail in quality if the teams in place screw it up.

    And drawing back to your point on camera equipment. Are those plants in china new in the first place? No they are not. They have been around for many years. The nikon plant in Wuxi Jiangsu has been around for a while now. And I am sure they are already hitting target yields and quality matrices. And the lines in there are optimized in their control structures and efficiencies.

    I have personally seen wafer lines in Silicon valley screwing up and and wafer lines in Asia kicking butt. So is it still a matter of which country produces better products?
    your points are valid. For wafer fabrication, something which I am intimately aware of, the Asian Fabs in general are better than the US fabs. But doesn't that prove my point that manufacturing quality has something to do with the country of manufacture? Please note I am not saying where it is made is the sole determinant of quality, but I think you are being slightly stubborn if you insist that the country of manufacture has nothing to do with quality. Ultimately the kind of labour force you have access to in the country is a factor. If not, wafer fabs would be done in places like Indonesia.

    Back to the reason why we are having this discussion in the first place, which is the closure of the MIJ/MIC thread. I don't see a reason for closing that thread. We could be having our discussion about manufacturing quality in that thread if the mods has not closed it. If the country of manufacture does affect the "quality", isn't it a valid topic for discussion. Even if you can prove that 100% country of manufacture does not in anyway affect the "quality" (which I doubt), what harm is there in letting CSers discuss the topic civilly and politely. You may educate someone.

  8. #48
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    I am not referring to just one single incident when I posted my thought. I am talking about the general trend here. I see alot of 'Don't expect to be spoonfed', 'Google is your best friend', 'These are similar threads to your question', 'Use the search engine' etc to newbie questions asked.

    There is a reason why people call themselves 'newbies'. If we know so much, we don't need to ask already. I don't read the D700 thread because I get the feeling that it's going to be similar to other threads I have read: 'we are trying to teach you but you are acting smart/arrogant', 'you ought to be humble'. Sometimes I wonder how humble these repliers themselves are. I always thought that the harsh words a person use on another person is often the very reflection of themselves. The most selfish person I know would accuse others of being selfish. The most mercenary person I know would accuse others of being mercenary and so on. And the most autocratic person would accuse others of not being democratic - some of you would be familiar with this.

    I have been embroiled in thread arguments before, and I must say there's very little pleasure to have people jumping at every word you say. I don't understand why some people have to nitpick another just by the words typed here and get all fired up. Isn't the forum a place for you to learn? Alot of times, I feel that this forum becomes a battleground rather than a teach-and-learn place. In other forums, I post my questions, the repliers give me answers. Finished. I got what I want to learn and leave the thread at that. I don't even need to say thank you and be pretentiously eternally grateful. But in this forum, you better say 'thank you', man, and probably say something beyond that even to show a virtual proscration. If not you'll be shot for being ungrateful, unappreciative etc. haha ... I know I am exaggerating here. You know, in other forums, I don't even need to clarify that I am kidding around, but in this forum, I'd better.

    I just feel that this forum is really unlike the others. I feel that I need to tread very very carefully and it takes the pleasure out of forumming, and learning.

    Thanks for being kind so far. I know there's more danger when I respond.
    well... i think its actually good that we think before we say... its a good skill to hone actually haha

    i'm thinking it more positively actually. tell them how to google, next time they will do so, they learn, and then be self sufficient! i think its actually quite a good thing.

    i mean. i got shot with that before! but i'm still here, alive and kickign arent i

  9. #49
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Agreed with TS... i am here since CS was first launched back in 2002. Things are so much different back then, people are more humble and willing to learn. One can post and ask very basic questions without fear of getting whacked. Forums are for people to learn and exchange ideas... Perhaps the mods can consider merging commonly asked topics (like MIJ/MIC thread) into a knowledge base and sticky them instead of closing them..?? This is an equipment subforum afterall...

    Just my 2 cents.. don't ban me!! *icarus runs away*
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  10. #50

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    +1! The seniors here are all friendly people and always help as much as they can until you refuse to listen to advice and insist your methods are right. That's when they switch off.

    The main difference between this forum and other e.g. Motherhood forums are that there are real pros here and some actually do this for a living. They don't owe you anything and help when possible. You'll also find there's no general sharing here either for recommendations on brands to buy (you'll know why if you've been reading the threads)

    Don't say things like 'but if they're pro shouldn't they help?' it's a selfish way of thinking. No one is obligated to help and the general consensus is if you don't help yourself, no one will help you. Of course, if you're drowning no one will ignore you either. You'll be surprised.

    Join a few outings with us and you'll think differently.
    Precisely what I want to say. If they don't want to help or think it's stupid, don't reply. Don't say anything. The worse people are the kind who reply and feel that they are the pros and so they have given their help without demanding money, so they get to ride on the moral high horse. If you feel that you don't get to earn, so why share, then don't share. Nobody is obliged to help. Nobody demands that the pros should help. But if you want to help, people assume that it's alright to ask more questions. If you are irritated, then stop helping. Don't have to be sarcastic or rude. If you switch off, then just ignore the thread. Why trounce the thread starters? I don't think anyone would think that the pros OUGHT TO help. In fact, if you ask me, I would think the most pros are busy earning money than spending time in a forum. I am not sure what gives the idea that newbies EXPECT pros to help without earning from them. In Singapore, we all know there's no free lunch. Forums are meant to be a sharing place. If you say that this forum is different because there are pros around, then surely there are pros in photography and piano forums of other countries. Even in the sinaporebrides/kiasuparent forum, there are professional bridal gown designers/teachers/tutors there. But they don't ask the thread starters to go find answers themselves. They tackle the questions asked. This is the fundamental function and basic decency of a forum.

    I know I am going to antagonise some of the people here, but I thought the least I could do is to let you know what a forum is for. I am not discounting clubsnap altogether. I am not saying that clubsnap is lousy. I am just saying that it can be better and kinder, especially to newbies.

  11. #51
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rains

    Precisely what I want to say. If they don't want to help or think it's stupid, don't reply. Don't say anything. The worse people are the kind who reply and feel that they are the pros and so they have given their help without demanding money, so they get to ride on the moral high horse. If you feel that you don't get to earn, so why share, then don't share. Nobody is obliged to help. Nobody demands that the pros should help. But if you want to help, people assume that it's alright to ask more questions. If you are irritated, then stop helping. Don't have to be sarcastic or rude. If you switch off, then just ignore the thread. Why trounce the thread starters? I don't think anyone would think that the pros OUGHT TO help. In fact, if you ask me, I would think the most pros are busy earning money than spending time in a forum. I am not sure what gives the idea that newbies EXPECT pros to help without earning from them. In Singapore, we all know there's no free lunch. Forums are meant to be a sharing place. If you say that this forum is different because there are pros around, then surely there are pros in photography and piano forums of other countries. Even in the sinaporebrides/kiasuparent forum, there are professional bridal gown designers/teachers/tutors there. But they don't ask the thread starters to go find answers themselves. They tackle the questions asked. This is the fundamental function and basic decency of a forum.

    I know I am going to antagonise some of the people here, but I thought the least I could do is to let you know what a forum is for. I am not discounting clubsnap altogether. I am not saying that clubsnap is lousy. I am just saying that it can be better and kinder, especially to newbies.
    No la I think you should read that d700 thread first before anything. Go go, it won't hurt your eyes!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  12. #52
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh

    your points are valid. For wafer fabrication, something which I am intimately aware of, the Asian Fabs in general are better than the US fabs. But doesn't that prove my point that manufacturing quality has something to do with the country of manufacture? Please note I am not saying where it is made is the sole determinant of quality, but I think you are being slightly stubborn if you insist that the country of manufacture has nothing to do with quality. Ultimately the kind of labour force you have access to in the country is a factor. If not, wafer fabs would be done in places like Indonesia.

    Back to the reason why we are having this discussion in the first place, which is the closure of the MIJ/MIC thread. I don't see a reason for closing that thread. We could be having our discussion about manufacturing quality in that thread if the mods has not closed it. If the country of manufacture does affect the "quality", isn't it a valid topic for discussion. Even if you can prove that 100% country of manufacture does not in anyway affect the "quality" (which I doubt), what harm is there in letting CSers discuss the topic civilly and politely. You may educate someone.
    Type of labor is one of the determinants, I agree, especially for such high tech fabs like wafer fans. But type of labor will change as a country progresses. One will be naive to think that the type of labor available now in china are still the same in the 80s.

    As for wafer, TSMC in taiwan is king. But can they do it back in the early 80s? No. Back then "made in taiwan" is considered bad quality. Look at them now. Can china do it back in the early 90s? No. But they are starting to since early 2000s, with the SMIC.

    The demographics of a country will change. And with that, the type of labor available will too. Some for the better very quickly, some for the worse, and some stay about the same. China has been moving very fast ahead. The 6 years I spent in china I witness more advancement I saw in the 11 years I lived in the silicon valley.

    So in the end, it is really meaningless to correlate country of manufacture to quality. Especially in such a global economy such as the one we have now.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    No la I think you should read that d700 thread first before anything. Go go, it won't hurt your eyes!
    hahaha ... you huh. I am not referring to that thread leh. I registered with clubsnap in 2005. It took me four long years before I dared to post my first question you know? Because I was so full of fear of how others would trounce me judging from the response of other threads lah. This is the only forum that makes me feel so apprehensive about the words to type. This is what I want to say. Maybe the D700 thread starter has indeed been rude and arrogant, but I am not talking about this thread lah. Ok ok. I shall go and read lest being called 'refuse to heed my advice', 'don't want to listen', 'continue to repeat mistakes' : )

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    I still feel that it's an attitude problem that pissed off many folks here esp those who offer their knowledge/advise helping the TS. Winning a debate is worthless and doesn't mean a thing anyway. If the TS is not convinced of the err, then he has not learned.

  15. #55
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rains

    hahaha ... you huh. I am not referring to that thread leh. I registered with clubsnap in 2005. It took me four long years before I dared to post my first question you know? Because I was so full of fear of how others would trounce me judging from the response of other threads lah. This is the only forum that makes me feel so apprehensive about the words to type. This is what I want to say. Maybe the D700 thread starter has indeed been rude and arrogant, but I am not talking about this thread lah. Ok ok. I shall go and read lest being called 'refuse to heed my advice', 'don't want to listen', 'continue to repeat mistakes' : )
    No la I know what you mean. Don't run away! Hahaha.

    Join our outings..? ?

    Don't sound so lonely leh.. Just post without shame. pride is worthless! Hehehe
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  16. #56

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    I am not referring to just one single incident when I posted my thought. I am talking about the general trend here. I see alot of 'Don't expect to be spoonfed', 'Google is your best friend', 'These are similar threads to your question', 'Use the search engine' etc to newbie questions asked.
    Usually what I see here (and forums in general) is when a question comes up people point you in the right direction usually by giving you the topic to read up on. It's the followup of something along the lines of "Can't you just tell me?" is what annoys the hell out of people. Demonstrate what you have learned from reading, and just ask specific points of clarification, and people will be much more inclined to help you.

    Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    There is a reason why people call themselves 'newbies'. If we know so much, we don't need to ask already.
    And thats the reason why there's stickies/FAQ's for newbies. People come and go all the time. To attend to all of them would not only be time-consuming, but also redundant since most of them have the same needs/questions. Not to mention everyone isn't always on the same base. If you ask an advanced concept without a foundation on the basics, no amount of explaining that concept will make you understand, because you don't have the foundations. Although it would be nice for someone to provide that for you, again remember that people here come together voluntarily, thus you can't expect to feel entitled to be provided any information. If you really want someone to handhold you all the way, join a workshop. And even then they usually expect some sort of understanding if it's an advanced one.

    Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    I don't read the D700 thread because I get the feeling that it's going to be similar to other threads I have read: 'we are trying to teach you but you are acting smart/arrogant', 'you ought to be humble'. Sometimes I wonder how humble these repliers themselves are. I always thought that the harsh words a person use on another person is often the very reflection of themselves. The most selfish person I know would accuse others of being selfish. The most mercenary person I know would accuse others of being mercenary and so on. And the most autocratic person would accuse others of not being democratic - some of you would be familiar with this.
    You didn't read the D700 thread, so all I'll say about this comment is you're severely misinformed and thus until you really understood what went on there and there's no point in debating this with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    I have been embroiled in thread arguments before, and I must say there's very little pleasure to have people jumping at every word you say. I don't understand why some people have to nitpick another just by the words typed here and get all fired up. Isn't the forum a place for you to learn? Alot of times, I feel that this forum becomes a battleground rather than a teach-and-learn place. In other forums, I post my questions, the repliers give me answers. Finished. I got what I want to learn and leave the thread at that. I don't even need to say thank you and be pretentiously eternally grateful. But in this forum, you better say 'thank you', man, and probably say something beyond that even to show a virtual proscration. If not you'll be shot for being ungrateful, unappreciative etc. haha ... I know I am exaggerating here. You know, in other forums, I don't even need to clarify that I am kidding around, but in this forum, I'd better.
    A forum is a place where you can learn (through people sharing thoughts and ideas), yes. The way you learn, however, isn't cast in stone. Whether it's by people telling you, directing you to other links, etc. There are a lot of ways to learn, not just "show me, tell me". You can learn by yourself as well or by lurking.

    As for it devolving to fights and stuff, well, we're only human. (Heated) debates aren't limited to internet forums. I'm sure you've seen youtube videos of people suddenly losing their cool publicly (politicians, no less!). Not saying they're correct or justified. Just that it's a fact of life. Ideally we wouldn't have to. But since it does happen sometimes, that's when a mod steps in (who is also human). I get in really heated arguments with my co-workers every now and then, but at the end of the week we'll greet each other a happy weekend. Anger is a human emotion. Generally frowned upon but we will feel it every now and then. Again, just a fact of life.

    Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
    I just feel that this forum is really unlike the others. I feel that I need to tread very very carefully and it takes the pleasure out of forumming, and learning.

    Thanks for being kind so far. I know there's more danger when I respond.
    I have always invoked common sense and haven't had problems with internet forums in general. There will be baiters, flamers and trolls, but that's for the mod to worry about. Mod not doing their job? Leave the forum. You're always free to do that. With regards to CS in particular, aside from me closely guarding my feet, my experience here have been quite pleasant.

  17. #57
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix



    With regards to CS in particular, aside from me closely guarding my feet, my experience here have been quite pleasant.
    I saw what you did thar.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    192

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Gentlemen, Ladies, Whosoever..

    Why is everyone arguing over this anyway?

    This forum has been pretty helpful to many people, self-admittedly myself too. Benefited alot both from asking & reading the threads.
    There's so many questions asked daily, and each & everyone of them has been replied by good bros in this forum.

    The good bros here who offered their experience / knowledge / expertise do not gain anything at all from replying to ur questions. So why do they bother? Cos they care and they share.

    About being "not so friendly", I myself have also been whacked by a fellow cs-er for not having read up before asking stupid questions. BUT not without mentioning subjects that i should read on & posting relevant links for reading in the same post as well.

    I believe it's all about the attitude and the willingness to learn. If you are willing to accept criticism and comments, u will notice that there are really alot of ppl who are more than willing to share their knowledge. In Short, Being Humble.

    If you insist that you are right & refusing to accept comments/solutions, then y in the 1st place u are posting a thread asking questions at all?

    Every forum has it's culture and ways. By entering a forum, You blend into the culture, not the reverse. U dont like it, u can choose not to come in or go somewhere else. Period.

    If anyone's coming in here expecting to be spoonfed everything, he/she will very most likely be in for a culture shock.
    Afterall, I would say nearly (nearly!) everyone in this forum is above the age 13 and a vast majority are infact above age 16 and even higher, Ages that one should not expect to be spoonfed like u're still in primary school / kindergarden.

    I hope this will end all the arguing that's going on in this thread and everyone can move on.

    Cheers,
    Nubzz
    Nikon D7000 + MB-D11 | Tamron 17-50 VC | SB-700 |

  19. #59

    Default Re: Nikon forum so garang

    Alright guys, I have read the D700 thread up till page 3. I read it not because I was tackling that thread, but since you are so insistent that I ought to read it before I comment further.

    You are going to be very upset with what I am going to say.

    From what I read, the thread starter started out with a question about his picture and subsequently, someone picked up 'spot metering' and the thread started steering in the 'metering' direction.

    It was helpful until we hit the top of page 3. Daredevil commented "I think DSLR is not for you. Maybe you should stick to cameras with auto modes." and the rest of the commenters started saying he should buy a pns and stuff to that effect.

    He got offended obviously and blew up with a 'what's wrong with you people?' and from then on he got defensive.

    That was how I saw it.

    Yes, most threads in this forum are like that. I am not sure about other people, but in other forums, I post a question, the forummers either keep quiet/ignore because they don't have an answer, or give me an answer right to the point. Finish. Keep the objective of the forum and threads clear and direct.

    Don't have to insult someone based on their ignorance. Then after many bash the thread starter, conclude that the thread starter was rude, arrogant, unteachable etc. Does it serve any purpose besides satisfying your ego?

  20. #60
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rains
    Alright guys, I have read the D700 thread up till page 3. I read it not because I was tackling that thread, but since you are so insistent that I ought to read it before I comment further.

    You are going to be very upset with what I am going to say.

    From what I read, the thread starter started out with a question about his picture and subsequently, someone picked up 'spot metering' and the thread started steering in the 'metering' direction.

    It was helpful until we hit the top of page 3. Daredevil commented "I think DSLR is not for you. Maybe you should stick to cameras with auto modes." and the rest of the commenters started saying he should buy a pns and stuff to that effect.

    He got offended obviously and blew up with a 'what's wrong with you people?' and from then on he got defensive.

    That was how I saw it.

    Yes, most threads in this forum are like that. I am not sure about other people, but in other forums, I post a question, the forummers either keep quiet/ignore because they don't have an answer, or give me an answer right to the point. Finish. Keep the objective of the forum and threads clear and direct.

    Don't have to insult someone based on their ignorance. Then after many bash the thread starter, conclude that the thread starter was rude, arrogant, unteachable etc. Does it serve any purpose besides satisfying your ego?
    Still smiling.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •