Thread: Help! PC not recognising Compactdrive

Default Help! PC not recognising Compactdrive

Problem with PC recognising the Compactdrive

Hi all. Need some help. Just bought a Compactdrive PD7x at Comex
    Problem - the PC (Win Xp Sp1) can see there's a new usb device connected but doesnt recognise the Compactdrive. Keeps asking for driver software.

All the documentation I've seen in the box and on the 3hdigital.com website mention there's no need for drivers when using XP.
    Tried different cables, USB ports, different computers,etc - the PC still keeps requesting driver software.

Must be a lot of people who bought the Compactdrive during Comex this weekend, anyone else got this problem and how did you overcome it?
    All help will be appreciated. Thanks.

check you device manager, what do you see under USB? any "!" or "?" mark if there is remove them and reboot your computer and check again. You also needed to install Intel Chipset INF for Pentium 4 if you have not please install.

Hi, need to check: do you set to Card or Hdd mode when connected to the computer? In card mode it might be trying to install card reader drivers.

I had similar problems. So what I did was plug the USB Cable out. Turn off the PD7X unit, reattached the USB Cable back and turn the switch to HDD. Then everything was ok.

Anthony

P.S. I'm using Win XP SP 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dogbot
    Problem with PC recognising the Compactdrive

Hi all. Need some help. Just bought a Compactdrive PD7x at Comex
    Problem - the PC (Win Xp Sp1) can see there's a new usb device connected but doesnt recognise the Compactdrive. Keeps asking for driver software.

All the documentation I've seen in the box and on the 3hdigital.com website mention there's no need for drivers when using XP.
    Tried different cables, USB ports, different computers,etc - the PC still keeps requesting driver software.

Must be a lot of people who bought the Compactdrive during Comex this weekend, anyone else got this problem and how did you overcome it?
    All help will be appreciated. Thanks.

An update. Got the Compactdrive up and working. It's a very handy thing to have. Thanks for all the help guys.