Thread: Phuket trip

Default Phuket trip

Hi guys!

Im planning to go phuket for 4d3n. Can anybody recommend me some nice places for photography and entertainment?
    Also... should i bring my tripod?

Default Re: Phuket trip

please bring your tripod and do some star trails shoots.

Thanks coolthought for the info!

Thanks sinned79 for recomandation! i did a little search on the star trial shots. looks fun but is there a way to have the shutter open for indefinate time? i cant be pressing and holding on to the shutter button for like 30mins if i want to do a long one lol. or do i get remote and just remotely hold on to it or stick something to make it stucked?

Quote Originally Posted by t3hkor View Post
    Thanks coolthought for the info!

Thanks sinned79 for recomandation! i did a little search on the star trial shots. looks fun but is there a way to have the shutter open for indefinate time? i cant be pressing and holding on to the shutter button for like 30mins if i want to do a long one lol. or do i get remote and just remotely hold on to it or stick something to make it stucked?
    u can get a third party shutter cable release (with timer function). this is useful when u want to do LE shoots next time.

u can't do star trails in singapore cos too bright (light pollution) at night... so going to beach resorts sure can do.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    u can get a third party shutter cable release (with timer function). this is useful when u want to do LE shoots next time.

u can't do star trails in singapore cos too bright (light pollution) at night... so going to beach resorts sure can do.
    i got one i bought at OP but china cheapskate one i dont think got timer release. will try to find out more on that. Thanks for the info!
    yea singapore too bright already and cannot really see stars

Phuket don't really have a lot of things to shoot...

If you want to have a good meal, try WHITEBOX, their food is good and have free transport. The location itself is excellent for sunset, can take some photos.
    Accomodation, try Indigo Pearl, very nice old tin mine concept hotel but far from Patong, near the airport.