This is my first micro four thirds camera and I will not do comparison review. I have a Canon DSLR system and I find the system is too heavy for family outdoor photography. So I decide to give a lighter weight, Olympus E-PL2 a test out and below is my reviews
Please refer to this link http://www.olympusimage.com.sg/products/dslr/epl2/spec/
My Overall Reviews
1. 12.3 megapixel capture very details quality esp.for a compact camera.
2. Built-in pop-up flash is to prevent shadow of the lens taken in wide angle pictures.
3. Art filters are fun to play with and also work in movie mode.
4. ISO now goes up to 6400 which is useful for extremely low lighting.
5. 22 scene-select modes allow effortless pictures taking.
6. In-body Image Stabiliztion system compensates for up to three shutter speed steps in the still shooting modes with any of its interchangeable lenses.
7. Grainy B&W mode from Art Filter gives very nice b&w grainy effect .
8. Dust reduction system assures spot-free images.
9. Good skin tone color for portrait pictures.
10. Metering is reliable and accurate.
11. Lighter weight compare to DSLR.
1. RAW viewer software needs more improvement for preview custom WB of multiple selected pictures.
2. Unable to include nickname name into the EXIF data.
3. Focusing is slightly slower than my Cannon DSLR. This could be due using LCD focusing which takes up too much power from the battery.
4. Limit lens choices esp. fast prime lens.
5. Battery life is kind of disappointment. Recommend to bring a spare battery for outdoor photography.