Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Beginner to dslr

Default Re: Beginner to dslr

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    Those were the "back in the good old days" kind of stuff anyway. Never regretted Nikon either. Also as a 13 year old kid I didn't bother researching into other companies. After all, how can I like my camera when I don't even like the name of the brand? I didn't know how competitive Canon was, so it's just an old TV and washing machine producer to me, or whatever they produce
    I think it would be wise to refrain from posting further in this thread
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I think it would be wise to refrain from posting further in this thread
    don't see what's wrong. i used past tense after all

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    My point is very simple. There's a new genre of camera in town. The image quality is as good as a DSLR since the sensor is the same. The bodies are smaller, lighter and more convenient to carry around. The lens selection is good and improving. The prices are competitive. The available configurations and feature sets are more than enough for beginners and enthusiast hobbyists. So in conclusion new camera buyers should consider these systems very seriously when choosing a system. And we CS'ers should also recommend mirrorless options for those "beginner to DSLR" people (this thread title).

Side note: I cannot believe that certain people are so negative about this new technology.
    Yes i do understand what u mean, im not saying this mirrorless cameras aint good or what, i used to have the NX10, small niffty but doesnt fit some certain expectation of mine, but considering a walk-about fun camwhoring camera, i wouldnt mind a mirrorless one, althought the EVF is helpful in someways, im just those who prefer OVF.....

dont think some ppl are negative abt new technology, if not think most will stick to the D70, 40D, K20... Its just a matter of difference of opinion, while some state their point across too brash, others take a more longer detailed route, and some totally not in sync or related...

can see you love the samsung NX10... keep shooting, DSLR, SLT , M43, and so on have their niche and followers... so cheers dude, time to go out and keep shooting, push that NX10 to limits....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie

don't see what's wrong. i used past tense after all
    Is not about the grammar is about the content.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993 View Post
    Is not about the grammar is about the content.
    can see you're a Canon user anyway. if someone talks about Nikon you probably wouldn't care. and you'll reply that you will coz etc etc, but that's just human instincts. we tend to...go against things that doesn't sounds pleasing. let's not start another war here. one is enough, and it seems to have resurfaced...

anyway just to confirm Canon doesn't produces washing machines or TVs right? I always get messed up with the Samsung Panasonic Philips and Canon stuff in the past, then since I got into photography Canon just became a camera brand to me XD it's either messed up this way or that.
    Last edited by seezhijie; 12th May 2011 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie

can see you're a Canon user anyway. if someone talks about Nikon you probably wouldn't care. and you'll reply that you will coz etc etc, but that's just human instincts. we tend to...go against things that doesn't sounds pleasing. let's not start another war here. one is enough, and it seems to have resurfaced...

anyway just to confirm Canon doesn't produces washing machines or TVs right? I always get messed up with the Samsung Panasonic Philips and Canon stuff in the past, then since I got into photography Canon just became a camera brand to me XD it's either messed up this way or that.
    Haha Nikon user here, not taking Canon or Nikon side but each post you make makes you looks more ignorant and clueless LOL

I'm a self-admitted Nikon fanboy but even I felt shivers up my spine
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Haha Nikon user here, not taking Canon or Nikon side but each post you make makes you looks more ignorant and clueless LOL
    i agree with spree here. it seems that you don't know the difference between OVF and EVF, what their benefits are and their drawbacks... and on other matters as well.

you're just barely grasping what's being discussed and adding your own reality to it. the more you post, the more you're confusing yourself and the newbies who will read this. post less now, read more. DD123 has been great with his explanation as always you can learn more from him.

Blog Entries

I love the concept of a mirrorless camera. I think it is a great thing. I am not negative about it. I am just merely saying that at its current state, what it is good for and what it is not good for.

But I cannot believe how some people can be so positive about a new technology that they think it will take over the industry while ignoring the facts on the technology restrictions and downsides... Sounds like Segway talk to me, like how they were saying at the launch, that this two wheel technology will revolutionize the way people travel. Many years down the road... see where we are?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th May 2011 at 11:33 PM.

i really dont get what u trying to point out here,

everyone here is a fanboy in a way... but reading your replies, im feel the same as bro kei reply, neither here nor there and it seems coming from your own perspective which is actually quite irrelevant
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I love the concept of a mirrorless camera. I think it is a great thing. I am not negative about it. I am just merely saying that at its current state, what it is good for and what it is not good for.

But I cannot believe how some people can be so positive about a new technology that they think it will take over the industry while ignoring the facts on the technology restrictions and downsides... Sounds like Segeway talk to me.
    segeway.... lol... u cracking me up dude....

neways to the TS who started this thread, whatever ya choices are and will be make sure, u done enough research, nothin beats having a hand on trial with the camera u have shortlisted, see which suits u to a tee
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Blog Entries

Every system has its strong and weak points.

I strongly advise you to drop this direction towards starting a brand war, while you still can and for your own good.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th May 2011 at 11:37 PM.

I won't deny that i'm a canon user and that i like canon. Oh and fyi, i was previously a nikon user before i jump ship. Oh and does it matter if i own a panasonic and sony camera too? Oh well, I love all systems equally, they each have their own pros and cons however that is not the point. Yes i agree it's normal for us humans to defend what we like/love/believe. There is no wrong.

However judging from your post, you still seem as clueless and ignorant as you are 'in the past'.

Harsh! Enough flaming now - it is not constructive in any way.
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

Every system has its strong and weak points.

I strongly advise you to drop this direction towards starting a brand war, while you still can and for your own good.
    He was the one who replied to my post in the first place. Everything I set there was just my own opinion. I remember mentioning about my own reasons for choosing Nikon, and not demanding that Canon or any other brands are inferior. I just have no affinity with them, if that's the right word to use. But again, everything came with an "I" and I see no wrong in voicing my own opinions. I didn't really like the name Nikon either. It just sounds okay to me

Anyway from the start till the end (at least for this part of the war) is just "I, and only I, didn't really liked the name Canon when I, and again, only I, got my first DSLR. The reasons for picking a DSLR (and usually together with the brand) can be as simple as this"

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

But I cannot believe how some people can be so positive about a new technology that they think it will take over the industry while ignoring the facts on the technology restrictions and downsides... Sounds like Segway talk to me, like how they were saying at the launch, that this two wheel technology will revolutionize the way people travel. Many years down the road... see where we are?
    I like the Segway example you provided. Having both DSLR and mirrorless camera at home, I would say both systems have their pros and cons. Although my Nex5 is smaller and lighter, I still prefer the grip and feel of holding my EOS 30D. Also, I prefer to look thru an OVF than the LCD screen.

Blog Entries

the day when mirrorless has no lag time in showing the scene on the LCD, i'll get it over a dslr.

until then...... i think sports photographers and many other genres will still stick to a dslr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snowc

I like the Segway example you provided. Having both DSLR and mirrorless camera at home, I would say both systems have their pros and cons. Although my Nex5 is smaller and lighter, I still prefer the grip and feel of holding my EOS 30D. Also, I prefer to look thru an OVF than the LCD screen.
    Not sure how the marketing for segway was like here. But back then before the launch, I was still living in the silicon valley and the marketing for Segway was "this new technology will change the world" and "it will revolutionize everything we know". The hype was so great that when the Segway was released, most people are disappointed. Look at the Segway today, it is mostly used as rental transporters in theme parks and tourist spots. Hardly made a dent into the market of bicycles, much less cars.

We need to be able to sift between marketing hype (some call it trends) and what is really viable as a better solution in reality.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th May 2011 at 08:33 AM.

Relax people relax. We are here to learn and share from each other. I am sure not one technology is so perfect till it has no short comings. Sometimes it may all be jus different perceptions. Chill.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast