Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Beginner to dslr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought

they invented it but did not "embrace" nor "protect" it.
    They did. They got outpriced, and out-cost.

Default Re: Beginner to dslr

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    They did. They got outpriced, and out-cost.
    I mean they didn't put in the 100% effort like it is their own baby, move too slow, didn't kept pace with others and didn't patent the invention as well.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by fringster0 View Post
    But this prove at least 1 thing, technology are everchanging and we avg consumers are nowhere catching up with it.
    actually it's really true. i doubt the usual DSLR consumers know about superior cameras like Canon's Mk4 and Nikon's D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    I think you are referring to a different thread where we talked about portrait lenses. Please keep the conversation relevant.
    I think you are referring to the consumers, which you are even if you're not aware, where they talk about special effects and compactness. Please don't forget you're in a photography community where most of us here are serious photographers (serious does not necessarily means pro. it can also refer to people who are photographers only for their own interests)

Professionals don't have many options right now of course, except maybe street shooting journalists who need a small alternative.
    Actually they still do. I'm not sure if you're referring to jobs or cameras, but there are still many camera options. all we need are cameras of different levels (thus cost) to suit different skill levels. we have no need for any "haha my DSLR's design looks better than yours" camera. in terms of jobs, there are still a lot. journalist, magazines, freelance, wedding, events, products, models, and my school even hires photographers to take photos for their Speech Day profiles. Trainers? Why not? There's quite a demand for photographers to conduct courses now, except it's not really noticed.

There are too many features when the beginner only wants to shoot Auto mode anyway
    Yeah right. roughly 2.5 years back i got my first DSLR, a Nikon D60 and I must say looking back I really was a beginner. But the first time I turned it on in the car while going home, I immediately switched it to Manual mode and started shooting away. I can safely say that 99.duno-how-many-9s percent of the time I'm in manual.

Most beginners I know who invest in DSLRs lose interest soon enough because it is just inconvenient to carry these cameras around.
    I believe if they really are interested, they wouldn't mind the weight. If they do, it just shows that they were only having a short-term interest, which happens often.

the TS was only asking a beginner question mind you!
    He was asking a beginner question, but at the same time he was asking about DSLRs mind you!

and they always show a 100% view of the final photo after exposure is accounted for
    this one's the best. you mean if i set my shutter speed to 30 seconds, the camera will show 100% view of the final photo? XD

You should not be viewing the sun directly through OVF anyway
    weren't he talking about sunsets and sunrises? they're quite fine to view with the naked eye. I've even taken photos of sunsets with settings such that you can see the round-shape of the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Then when newbies start a "what dslr to get" thread you can just say "You can also consider mirrorless" and link them to your thread instead of spamming threads and turning everything into a "mirrorless vs. dslr" war.
    that's a good idea actually. I kinda enjoy debating, arguing, quarreling, brawling or whatever suits you, on CS

Wow that's one long post

Edit: ok not so long after all
    Last edited by seezhijie; 12th May 2011 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    actually it's really true. i doubt the usual DSLR consumers know about superior cameras like Canon's Mk4 and Nikon's D3.

I think you are referring to the consumers, which you are even if you're not aware, where they talk about special effects and compactness. Please don't forget you're in a photography community where most of us here are serious photographers (serious does not necessarily means pro. it can also refer to people who are photographers only for their own interests)

Actually they still do. I'm not sure if you're referring to jobs or cameras, but there are still many camera options. all we need are cameras of different levels (thus cost) to suit different skill levels. we have no need for any "haha my DSLR's design looks better than yours" camera. in terms of jobs, there are still a lot. journalist, magazines, freelance, wedding, events, products, models, and my school even hires photographers to take photos for their Speech Day profiles. Trainers? Why not? There's quite a demand for photographers to conduct courses now, except it's not really noticed.

Yeah right. roughly 2.5 years back i got my first DSLR, a Nikon D60 and I must say looking back I really was a beginner. But the first time I turned it on in the car while going home, I immediately switched it to Manual mode and started shooting away. I can safely say that 99.duno-how-many-9s percent of the time I'm in manual.

I believe if they really are interested, they wouldn't mind the weight. If they do, it just shows that they were only having a short-term interest, which happens often.

He was asking a beginner question, but at the same time he was asking about DSLRs mind you!

this one's the best. you mean if i set my shutter speed to 30 seconds, the camera will show 100% view of the final photo? XD

weren't he talking about sunsets and sunrises? they're quite fine to view with the naked eye. I've even taken photos of sunsets with settings such that you can see the round-shape of the sun.

that's a good idea actually. I kinda enjoy debating, arguing, quarreling, brawling or whatever suits you, on CS

Wow that's one long post

Edit: ok not so long after all
    Your responses to my comments are out of context. In the process you have completely missed the point and demonstrated your lack of understanding.
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

Blog Entries

Well it is obvious who is missing the boat here. LOL. No point responding. LOL.

Just wait for him to go pro with his nx cam.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    Well it is obvious who is missing the boat here. LOL. No point responding. LOL.

Just wait for him to go pro with his nx cam.
    Not impossible actually. It's the photographer that matters anyway. And besides, maybe his points weren't clearly presented in the first place, that's why he's saying we don't get it. Or maybe he's still dwelling on a point from long ago, but didn't realise where this has progressed. Either way, when we communicate we communicate for the other party to listen to. If others don't get his point, then there's no point in the first place

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie

Not impossible actually. It's the photographer that matters anyway. And besides, maybe his points weren't clearly presented in the first place, that's why he's saying we don't get it. Or maybe he's still dwelling on a point from long ago, but didn't realise where this has progressed. Either way, when we communicate we communicate for the other party to listen to. If others don't get his point, then there's no point in the first place
    True but gears plays a part in what kinds of shots are achievable in what settings.

He has been sprouting this for a long time now if you do not know. By giving a response, I am just putting enough facts out so newbies reading this will get a balanced view. Which will ultimately give them better info to make a better decision.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

True but gears plays a part in what kinds of shots are achievable in what settings.

He has been sprouting this for a long time now if you do not know. By giving a response, I am just putting enough facts out so newbies reading this will get a balanced view. Which will ultimately give them better info to make a better decision.
    I'm just replying for the fun of it ^^

Blog Entries

In the end imo, his trying to prove that mirrorless will take over Dslr sooner or later, pro will jump ship to mirrorless everyone will jump ship to mirrorless, or mirriorless is better than dslr

small compact small compact small compact small compact
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Hell maybe one day the camera will be implanted in our eyes.
    Watched "Hall pass"? ^^"
    In-eye camera has been born to one of the guy in there. Haha, just joking, dun take it too serious

just wondering, after all this long explanation rebuttal, so call clamping down the Mirrorless Cameras, whats the final point... the conclusion...

both type has its own merit,

that said, i still prefer my heavy dslr, for my walkabout or work... in the end its the person, his need his expectation...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    just wondering, after all this long explanation rebuttal, so call clamping down the Mirrorless Cameras, whats the final point... the conclusion...

that said, i still prefer my heavy dslr, for my walkabout or work... in the end its the person, his need his expectation...
    and we're debating coz someone doesn't understands that >.>

Chill people, so I guess it boils down to yr own preferences, uses, yr financial, and the whole system and peripherals no matter what kind of cameras I go for.

Quote Originally Posted by fringster0 View Post
    Chill people, so I guess it boils down to yr own preferences, uses, yr financial, and the whole system and peripherals no matter what kind of cameras I go for.
    yeap. believe it or not, there were 2 simple reasons why I chose Nikon.
    1) I didn't knew about Olympus and Pentax, neither did i knew that Fuji and Sony had DSLRs, much less Konica Minolta or Sigma.
    2) I just didn't like the sound of saying the name "Canon" XD

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie

1) I didn't knew about Olympus and Pentax, neither did i knew that Fuji and Sony had DSLRs, much less Konica Minolta or Sigma.
    I can't believe you dare to say that out loud proudly without any shame.

My secondary school teacher used to tell us all the time: "don't flaunt your ignorance". Hope her words can reverberate through some of us today.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    i was aware of most of the brands of DSLRs. and i was playing around with them, testing out the cameras. when i tried the Sony A100 i was like "Whoa. the grip's pretty good" but when i saw the IQ, i slowly turned to the Dark Side.

and 2 years down the road... i was using a Sony DSLR...

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    My secondary school teacher used to tell us all the time: "don't flaunt your ignorance". Hope her words can reverberate through some of us today.
    suddenly... I feel so small.....
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post

My point is very simple. There's a new genre of camera in town. The image quality is as good as a DSLR since the sensor is the same. The bodies are smaller, lighter and more convenient to carry around. The lens selection is good and improving. The prices are competitive. The available configurations and feature sets are more than enough for beginners and enthusiast hobbyists. So in conclusion new camera buyers should consider these systems very seriously when choosing a system. And we CS'ers should also recommend mirrorless options for those "beginner to DSLR" people (this thread title).

Side note: I cannot believe that certain people are so negative about this new technology.
    Last edited by Shahmatt; 12th May 2011 at 08:48 PM.
    Samsung NX10+30mm, Fuji S6500FD

Quote Originally Posted by crystal1993

I can't believe you dare to say that out loud proudly without any shame.
    Those were the "back in the good old days" kind of stuff anyway. Never regretted Nikon either. Also as a 13 year old kid I didn't bother researching into other companies. After all, how can I like my camera when I don't even like the name of the brand? I didn't know how competitive Canon was, so it's just an old TV and washing machine producer to me, or whatever they produce

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast