Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

Ah was curious
    I've had horse sashimi before at Kagoshima in a little izakaya (looks weird, intense marbling), along with a sideplate of sliced whitish fats from the roots of the horse's mane
    Didn't think much of it; then again there was also mutton and chicken sashimi on the table. Probably overkill on the palate
    When I was a wee lad, my mom worked in a Turf Club in Msia, where the in-house caterer/canteen served horse meat too.
    Late last year, at the dinner table somewhere in Western Australia, one of the guest remarked with an abhorrent look on her face that there's a movement to legalize the consumption of horse meat. She made it clear that she thought it barbaric; for companionship and riding upon. I then made the wisecrack about exotic meat trade in SE Asia - snakes, lizards, anteater/pangolin, flying fox, sun bear ... and it all went downhill from there.
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar
    Ah was curious
    I've had horse sashimi before at Kagoshima in a little izakaya (looks weird, intense marbling), along with a sideplate of sliced whitish fats from the roots of the horse's mane
    Didn't think much of it; then again there was also mutton and chicken sashimi on the table. Probably overkill on the palate
    When I was a wee lad, my mom worked in a Turf Club in Msia, where the in-house caterer/canteen served horse meat too.
    Late last year, at the dinner table somewhere in Western Australia, one of the guest remarked with an abhorrent look on her face that there's a movement to legalize the consumption of horse meat. She made it clear that she thought it barbaric; for companionship and riding upon. I then made the wisecrack about exotic meat trade in SE Asia - snakes, lizards, anteater/pangolin, flying fox, sun bear ... and it all went downhill from there.
    You're probably lucky she wasn't from the other end of the spectrum of PETA activists. I've had a friend from New York harassed for a couple of hours just because she was buying a hotdog off a stand in the city.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya

You're probably lucky she wasn't from the other end of the spectrum of PETA activists. I've had a friend from New York harassed for a couple of hours just because she was buying a hotdog off a stand in the city.
    Yea, some PETA folks can get real aggressive. I wad given a lecture by a friend on why I should switch from dairy products to Soy based products.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    how about rabbit meat? they're cute and adorable.
    Why not? Lower in fats compared to the others, high in protein!

Nice rabbit meat in France!

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yea, some PETA folks can get real aggressive. I wad given a lecture by a friend on why I should switch from dairy products to Soy based products.

Fanatic… always hate those nut case…

Scuba & Father... For Life

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc

Fanatic… always hate those nut case…
    I respect their views too la. Those tree huggers. But I love cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    I was conned in Korea into eating dog meat when they say it's 80% of the Korean ( South ) eat dog meat and found out later that it's 80% of the people don't. But if consuming dog can repulse other dogs, esp the aggressive ones, then I don't want to go for my rabies jab anymore and no worries venturing around Indochina ! Obviously my dogs didn't run away from me !
    I wonder which group fall in the 80% ?
    If you eat dog, some of the chemicals in their meat gets infused into your body's system. Your sweat will be smelt by dogs who know that you have eaten one of them before. Two possible outcomes: Timid dogs will be scared of you. Fierce and possibly rabid dogs will want to attack you and bite you in either self-defence or vengeance. You may smell like a dog for the rest of your life.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 13th May 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex

If you eat dog, some of the chemicals in their meat gets infused into your body's system. Your sweat will be smelt by dogs who know that you have eaten one of them before. Two possible outcomes: Timid dogs will be scared of you. Fierce and possibly rabid dogs will want to attack you and bite you in either self-defence or vengeance. You may smell like a dog for the rest of your life.
    So how do you explain cultures that eat dog meat regularly but still have dogs as pets? Accordingly to your logic, they should be mortal enemies?

Dunno because don't have dogs as pets and don't eat dog meat.

You sure they see the dogs as pets and not as a future dinner?

Blog Entries

Dunno because don't have dogs as pets and don't eat dog meat.

You sure they see the dogs as pets and not as a future dinner?
    I am very sure. I know some of these people very well.

And I have eaten dog meat before. No problems with dogs so far.

Just an old wives tale.

Please experiment. Go to HK or (JB?) and eat lots of dog meat regularly. Not just once in a few years.
    Then go to a place where there are free ranging dogs (not the pet shop trained types). Test the outcome.

Please experiment. Go to HK or (JB?) and eat lots of dog meat regularly. Not just once in a few years.
    Then go to a place where there are free ranging dogs (not the pet shop trained types). Test the outcome.
    Oh I thought you say eat one time then will smell like a dog for the rest of your life. So scary sia! LOL. lucky I dun dare to eat. Dogs are so cute! I like to play with them.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

eee---errrrrr....

paiseh, but i simply cannot tahan the fact that, if true, dog meat are served in Singapore. even though i love to eat and i have the size to prove it, but i draw the line at makaning dog meat! i love dogs... and i cannot understand why they should be food in peace time. =(

i think Singaporeans do not have a culture/history of eating dog meat and i think it is against the law to be serving/eating dog meat in sunny Singapore too(correct me if i'm wrong for Singapore has made such a rapid change in policies/laws that i might haf been left behind).

for new citizens, i think it is imperative for them to learn our culture/history and to actually integrate themselves into our system/culture/history.

giving the dish a 'fanciful' name such as 'dog meat this dog meat that' surely is distasteful and wrong in my view and hey, this is Singapore!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    eee---errrrrr....

paiseh, but i simply cannot tahan the fact that, if true, dog meat are served in Singapore. even though i love to eat and i have the size to prove it, but i draw the line at makaning dog meat! i love dogs... and i cannot understand why they should be food in peace time. =(

i think Singaporeans do not have a culture/history of eating dog meat and i think it is against the law to be serving/eating dog meat in sunny Singapore too(correct me if i'm wrong for Singapore has made such a rapid change in policies/laws that i might haf been left behind).

for new citizens, i think it is imperative for them to learn our culture/history and to actually integrate themselves into our system/culture/history.

giving the dish a 'fanciful' name such as 'dog meat this dog meat that' surely is distasteful and wrong in my view and hey, this is Singapore!
    If you're a food lover would you be interested in joining a makan outing?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

(edited)
    Are you irritated by your neighbours' pet dogs that will bark and defecate all over? Maybe put up a sign "I love to eat dog meat" with accompanying image from Google Image (err...avoid the graphic and bloody ones) maybe just photo of a bowl of meat stew is enough, so your neighbours can see it and they can keep their pet dogs away from your home.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 15th May 2011 at 01:04 PM.

Are you irritated by your neighbours' pet dogs that will bark and defecate all over? Maybe put up a sign "I love to eat dog meat" with accompanying image (choose one from here: http://www.google.com.sg/search?tbm=...&aqi=&aql=&oq=) so your neighbours can see it and they can keep their pet dogs away from your home.
    I'm reminded of this: http://dontevenreply.com/view.php?post=95

My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

So I passed by the restaurant today (I live in the area) and there was a sign posted which roughly says:
    "We are sorry for the misunderstanding caused - the "dog meat" is made from pig's heart. For marketing reasons we called it dog meat, just like how vegetarian restaurants claim to sell "meat" dishes."

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    don't talk nonsense please.

fact : dogs also eat their on kind or human when they are hungry. dogs are carnivores btw....

base on your analogy, i must stop eating fishes. coz i like swimming in the sea, if i eat too much fishes, they will bite my "banana".
    Last edited by ninelives; 15th May 2011 at 03:41 PM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    If you're a food lover would you be interested in joining a makan outing?
    would love to but ... ... mux cut down. dr's orders.

lately is gained quite a few kilos... so paiseh...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    coz i like swimming in the sea, if i eat too much fishes, they will bite my "banana".
    Small fishes will burrow through your banana and into your walnuts instead.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 21st May 2011 at 08:31 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456