Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79

i didn't get to try kangaroo meat when i am in melbourne last year.

i must admit kangaroo looks too cute to eat though :x
    It's delicious!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    It's delicious!
    ditto on that. i tried it when i was 7. tough, chewy... but lip-smacking delicious!

not to miss out crocodile meat, and snake meat, and ostrich meat, and seal meat...
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    not to miss out crocodile meat, and snake meat, and ostrich meat, and seal meat...
    erm. croc meat, snake meat and ostrich meat i've tried too... except seal meat

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    erm. croc meat, snake meat and ostrich meat i've tried too... except seal meat
    let go visit either of these seal hunting countries: Canada, Namibia, Greenland, Norway and Russia

Seal meat is very healthy @ http://www.sealharvest.ca/html/omega3_benefits.html
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Anyone tried 'Rotten Shark' from Iceland ??

Heard it stinks to high heaven… but is considered a national dish in Iceland…

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc
    Anyone tried 'Rotten Shark' from Iceland ??

Heard it stinks to high heaven… but is considered a national dish in Iceland…
    I've heard of lutefisk. Even my swedish friends won't try it.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    it is culture lar. In South Korea (officially the Republic of Korea), dog meat is eaten nationwide and all year round, although it is most commonly eaten during summer.

can google it.

and shark fin. we were asked not to consume them not because of cruelty . but to prevent them from extinction.

if i am raised in other country and dog meats are common, then I will eat them too.

remember when you was a kid, when your parent asked you to eat this and that, you have to eat. else you will get a good scolding/caning.
    I was conned in Korea into eating dog meat when they say it's 80% of the Korean ( South ) eat dog meat and found out later that it's 80% of the people don't. But if consuming dog can repulse other dogs, esp the agrressive ones, then I don't want to go for my rabies jab anymore and no worries venturing around Indochina ! Obviously my dogs didn't run away from me !
    I wonder which group fall in the 80% ?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    I was conned in Korea into eating dog meat when they say it's 80% of the Korean ( South ) eat dog meat and found out later that it's 80% of the people don't. But if consuming dog can repulse other dogs, esp the agrressive ones, then I don't want to go for my rabies jab anymore and no worries venturing around Indochina ! Obviously my dogs didn't run away from me !
    I wonder which group fall in the 80% ?

Thats just old wives tale… much like eating 'pig's brain' is good for your brain…

Back when the Singapore Turf Club was still at Bukit Timah, my mom used to always "remind" me not to purchase meat from the roadside stalls every Monday or something similar to that extent as supposedly unwanted race horses that have lost their worth will be euthanized the night before with their meat sold to market vendors.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Someone claimed that dog meat has lower cholesterol than tuna or pork. I can hardly believe it as the meat looked reddish to me. Of course, that source of info come from Korean website

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Back when the Singapore Turf Club was still at Bukit Timah, my mom used to always "remind" me not to purchase meat from the roadside stalls every Monday or something similar to that extent as supposedly unwanted race horses that have lost their worth will be euthanized the night before with their meat sold to market vendors.

IIRC… such meats are given to the zoo to feed the big cats…

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    IIRC… such meats are given to the zoo to feed the big cats…
    this one I can confirm that.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    Double confirm.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    Double confirm.
    triple confirmed... we are eating it also from a canned meat de!

But actually hor, it's delicious

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest
    how about rabbit meat? they're cute and adorable.
    Sichuan rabbit mala hotpot is yum!

Horse meat is illegal here too?
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you have reared cows before, you will know that they have a lot of expressions too. And if you say you are going to kill or sell them in front of them, they will cry the night before it happens. When slaughtering them, they will cry and shed tears as well. Will you stop eating beef?

Have you seen pigs being slaughtered? The shrieks and the crying. And pigs, if kept as pets are as clean as dogs. Pigs are also highly intelligent and can do tricks just like dogs. Pigs can even do things dogs can't, like locating truffles buried deep in the ground. Will you stop eating pork?

Swan (鹅) are also very intelligent animals. They can differentiate between owners and strangers and will not hesitate to snap at strangers entering their territory. But owners and their families are dear to them. They also harbor grudges too if you are fierce to them. They also eat a lot and 5 swans will eat the equivalent amount of food to a full sized pig. Swans will also cry the night before you slaughter them. Will you stop eating roasted swan 烧鹅?

Have you played with cows before? Or deer? Or swans? Or pigs? Or chicken?Bro, before making sweeping statements like the one you made above, you need to think them through. By your logic, you pretty much need to stop eating almost all meats available in the market now.

If you want to make a case against eating dog meat, do so in a way that you do not put down other animals that you have no personal experience with.

If you really want to put forth the image that you care about living things and their emotions so much that you will not eat their meat, go vegan.

And btw, have you seen how farms in America treat cows and pigs? How American farms treat chickens and ducks? Bro, you need to be educated. Head over to PETA.org. Don't be so naive in thinking that only people like Chinese are brutal when slaughtering dogs. People are the same all over the world.

In the end it is about culture. What others do in another culture as a norm may look 'cruel' or 'wrong' to you. That is simply due to culture shock. That doesn't mean it is immoral or wrong. In singapore, selling of dog meat is illegal, so that is purely a legal thing. That the sale of dog meat is illegal in Singapore. Doesn't make it evil or immoral.

To force our own beliefs, values and norms on other cultures, we will only force those cultures to disappear. Is that what we want? This issue is not as simple as it is. And I am not saying if it is right or wrong. To think so, would be ignoring the bigger picture, and being naive and ignorant to the complexities of life.

very well-said!

Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Horse meat is illegal here too?
    nope. some Japanese sushi/sashimi places here got horse meat on their menu.

an exotic delicacy!
    Last edited by SurrealDreamWalker; 11th May 2011 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker

nope. some Japanese sushi/sashimi places here got horse meat on their menu.

an exotic delicacy!
    My sensei told me horse sashimi is delicious! But very expensive.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast