Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 120

Thread: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

  1. #41
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc

    Spider deep fried in garlic oil in Cambodia… Mmmm… wish I could get some here...
    Deep fried scorpions in BJ and yunnan.

  2. #42
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Ben, wild boar different from old male pigs ley.

    But yes, that is what I was told by my many relatives in the food business. They use meat tenderizer on the meat.
    is just a joke lar, how to order a plate of deer meat after seeing the bambi is so adorable.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #43

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you have reared cows before, you will know that they have a lot of expressions too. And if you say you are going to kill or sell them in front of them, they will cry the night before it happens. When slaughtering them, they will cry and shed tears as well. Will you stop eating beef?

    Have you seen pigs being slaughtered? The shrieks and the crying. And pigs, if kept as pets are as clean as dogs. Pigs are also highly intelligent and can do tricks just like dogs. Pigs can even do things dogs can't, like locating truffles buried deep in the ground. Will you stop eating pork?

    Swan (鹅) are also very intelligent animals. They can differentiate between owners and strangers and will not hesitate to snap at strangers entering their territory. But owners and their families are dear to them. They also harbor grudges too if you are fierce to them. They also eat a lot and 5 swans will eat the equivalent amount of food to a full sized pig. Swans will also cry the night before you slaughter them. Will you stop eating roasted swan 烧鹅?

    Have you played with cows before? Or deer? Or swans? Or pigs? Or chicken?Bro, before making sweeping statements like the one you made above, you need to think them through. By your logic, you pretty much need to stop eating almost all meats available in the market now.

    If you want to make a case against eating dog meat, do so in a way that you do not put down other animals that you have no personal experience with.

    If you really want to put forth the image that you care about living things and their emotions so much that you will not eat their meat, go vegan.

    And btw, have you seen how farms in America treat cows and pigs? How American farms treat chickens and ducks? Bro, you need to be educated. Head over to PETA.org. Don't be so naive in thinking that only people like Chinese are brutal when slaughtering dogs. People are the same all over the world.

    In the end it is about culture. What others do in another culture as a norm may look 'cruel' or 'wrong' to you. That is simply due to culture shock. That doesn't mean it is immoral or wrong. In singapore, selling of dog meat is illegal, so that is purely a legal thing. That the sale of dog meat is illegal in Singapore. Doesn't make it evil or immoral.

    To force our own beliefs, values and norms on other cultures, we will only force those cultures to disappear. Is that what we want? This issue is not as simple as it is. And I am not saying if it is right or wrong. To think so, would be ignoring the bigger picture, and being naive and ignorant to the complexities of life.
    I think I will just take fish only.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  4. #44

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Well. It's my personal stand on the sale of dog meat. The way my family has been raised to be cat and dog lovers. I'm saying it's not right because of my personal beliefs. For others you might feel differently. But that's your own stand
    Making a stand is fine. But saying that killing a fish or chicken is different from a dog because the former has no expression (and hence OK) when sliced, is just plain non-sensical. Would you rob a bank just because the alarms aren't working?
    Last edited by lancey; 9th May 2011 at 04:01 PM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancey
    Would you rob a bank just because the alarms aren't working?
    I know I would.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  6. #46

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    Making a stand is fine. But saying that killing a fish or chicken is different from a dog because the former has no expression (and hence OK) when sliced, is just plain non-sensical. Would you rob a bank just because the alarms aren't working?
    hi troll.

    please compare chickens with chickens and fruits with fruit. one is dealing with life, the other's dealing with crime. please be more objective.

    thanks

  7. #47

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    hi troll.

    please compare chickens with chickens and fruits with fruit. one is dealing with life, the other's dealing with crime. please be more objective.

    thanks
    A robbery in a bank may involve lives too. Obviously makes no sense to you either way. Using drastic analogies to derail your little brain. Friendo.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancey

    A robbery in a bank may involve lives too. Obviously makes no sense to you either way. Using drastic analogies to derail your little brain. Friendo.
    Haha I love how eating chicken or fish has been compared to bank robbery. Maybe the "where to find best fried chicken" thread should be turned into the "which bank is the easiest to rob" thread

  9. #49
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    Haha I love how eating chicken or fish has been compared to bank robbery. Maybe the "where to find best fried chicken" thread should be turned into the "which bank is the easiest to rob" thread
    Pls advise where I can find such a bank. I'm a newbie at this. Thanks!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  10. #50
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya

    Pls advise where I can find such a bank. I'm a newbie at this. Thanks!
    I've zoomed in to uob and DBS. Please advise Which is more suitable as I am a newbie.

  11. #51
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    is just a joke lar, how to order a plate of deer meat after seeing the bambi is so adorable.
    Don't worry now. Since most probably the meat is from Lao Ti Koh (老猪哥).

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya

    Pls advise where I can find such a bank. I'm a newbie at this. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    I've zoomed in to uob and DBS. Please advise Which is more suitable as I am a newbie.
    It's different for everyone, all depends on your preference and skill level. Rather than asking here, why not head down to the banks and get a feel of the guards for yourself?

  13. #53
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought

    I think I will just take fish only.
    I didn't know before until I stayed in a farm house. And the folks there told me about it. I need to bring my son to stay there in the future to learn about the different type of life.

  14. #54
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    It's different for everyone, all depends on your preference and skill level. Rather than asking here, why not head down to the banks and get a feel of the guards for yourself?
    Feel the guards? No la. I Paiseh ley...

  15. #55

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Feel the guards? No la. I Paiseh ley...
    Haha no need to paiseh, everyone is a beginner at first, be bold, feel more then become expert liao, that's how we all learn

  16. #56
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    banks are not just for money...

    there are lots of other type of banks available also, like blood banks, organ banks, sperm banks..
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  17. #57
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Don't worry now. Since most probably the meat is from Lao Ti Koh (老猪哥).
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  18. #58
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    banks are not just for money...

    there are lots of other type of banks available also, like blood banks, organ banks, sperm banks..
    And don't forget custom user memory banks.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Dog Meat sold in Sg? (source: HWZ)

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If you have reared cows before, you will know that they have a lot of expressions too. And if you say you are going to kill or sell them in front of them, they will cry the night before it happens. When slaughtering them, they will cry and shed tears as well. Will you stop eating beef?

    Have you seen pigs being slaughtered? The shrieks and the crying. And pigs, if kept as pets are as clean as dogs. Pigs are also highly intelligent and can do tricks just like dogs. Pigs can even do things dogs can't, like locating truffles buried deep in the ground. Will you stop eating pork?

    Swan (鹅) are also very intelligent animals. They can differentiate between owners and strangers and will not hesitate to snap at strangers entering their territory. But owners and their families are dear to them. They also harbor grudges too if you are fierce to them. They also eat a lot and 5 swans will eat the equivalent amount of food to a full sized pig. Swans will also cry the night before you slaughter them. Will you stop eating roasted swan 烧鹅?

    Have you played with cows before? Or deer? Or swans? Or pigs? Or chicken?Bro, before making sweeping statements like the one you made above, you need to think them through. By your logic, you pretty much need to stop eating almost all meats available in the market now.

    If you want to make a case against eating dog meat, do so in a way that you do not put down other animals that you have no personal experience with.

    If you really want to put forth the image that you care about living things and their emotions so much that you will not eat their meat, go vegan.

    And btw, have you seen how farms in America treat cows and pigs? How American farms treat chickens and ducks? Bro, you need to be educated. Head over to PETA.org. Don't be so naive in thinking that only people like Chinese are brutal when slaughtering dogs. People are the same all over the world.

    In the end it is about culture. What others do in another culture as a norm may look 'cruel' or 'wrong' to you. That is simply due to culture shock. That doesn't mean it is immoral or wrong. In singapore, selling of dog meat is illegal, so that is purely a legal thing. That the sale of dog meat is illegal in Singapore. Doesn't make it evil or immoral.

    To force our own beliefs, values and norms on other cultures, we will only force those cultures to disappear. Is that what we want? This issue is not as simple as it is. And I am not saying if it is right or wrong. To think so, would be ignoring the bigger picture, and being naive and ignorant to the complexities of life.

    +1

  20. #60
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86

    It's different for everyone, all depends on your preference and skill level. Rather than asking here, why not head down to the banks and get a feel of the guards for yourself?
    But the guards all so dao. I feel them up so many times before they just gimme black face only. Dun dare to go in leh. I prefer if they're friendly and can talk to me.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •