Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40

Thread: Recommend me a bag

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pandan Gardens
    Posts
    406

    Default Recommend me a bag

    I've got a Lowepro Computrekker AW Plus that I'm intending to sell cos its just too big.

    My needs are: 1 15" laptop, 1 gripped camera, 2-3 lenses and flash. Some random accessories like batteries, memory cards, etc.

    I require a backpack, that's not so conspicuous as what I have now, and something that I can use to put in books, files, etc for school too.

    Looked around all the common brands like thinktank and lowepro but can't seem to find one that's not so box-ish or humongous. Any other brands other users out there can recommend me?
    "Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing." - Vince Lombardi

  2. #2

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Almost the goto bag for a lot of photographers...the Lowepro Fastpack 250 or something like it.

    if you dont need the laptop compartment, the similar design Versapack is damn light.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by iRaphael View Post
    I've got a Lowepro Computrekker AW Plus that I'm intending to sell cos its just too big.

    My needs are: 1 15" laptop, 1 gripped camera, 2-3 lenses and flash. Some random accessories like batteries, memory cards, etc.

    I require a backpack, that's not so conspicuous as what I have now, and something that I can use to put in books, files, etc for school too.

    Looked around all the common brands like thinktank and lowepro but can't seem to find one that's not so box-ish or humongous. Any other brands other users out there can recommend me?
    I don't think there is a bag which can fit books+laptop+gripped camera+2-3 lenses...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    you can go to funan centre's camera shops to look and touch the bags. different people have different expections and budgets. if you want to browse freely without the salesperson following you like a leech, you can visit large stores like Harvey Norman or Challenger.

  5. #5
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,632

    Default

    Have you considered the kata digital rucksack series?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  6. #6

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by photoart View Post
    you can go to funan centre's camera shops to look and touch the bags. different people have different expections and budgets. if you want to browse freely without the salesperson following you like a leech, you can visit large stores like Harvey Norman or Challenger.
    TK Foto would be better, HV and Challenger variety is very little, usually only Lowepro and not even the full range.

  7. #7
    Member makolit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Almost the goto bag for a lot of photographers...the Lowepro Fastpack 250 or something like it.
    i was looking for the fastpack 250 as well for almost the same requirements (sans grip). it should be sufficient.

    cheers!
    is using a digital camera that works ...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    what lens will u bring?
    it's hard to find the bag smaller than lowepro computrekker...if u use 70-200/70-300/100-400 etc (big tele lens)
    and 1 more things, ur laptop is not small...15"..

  9. #9
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    I don't think there is a bag which can fit books+laptop+gripped camera+2-3 lenses...
    even if there is such a bag, that kind of weight will crush your poor shoulders.

    so if u want to go shoot, leave your books and laptop behind (only bring your laptop if u are going for overseas holiday), else bring your books and laptop and leave your cam equipments at home if u are not shooting.

    dun be like a kiasu kindergarden student leh, everything also bring to sch

  10. #10
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    lowerpro fastpack 250
    Lousy de My Flickr

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    420

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    I am planning to get the Fastpack 250 soon. After walking around stores and doing online research, I will have to agree that the Fastpack 250 is a good in-between backpack among the available choices in the market. Not the divine choice but it is the best among all in term of the features and price.

    I like the storage compartment for personal items, laptop compartment, the quick access opening to the camera compartment.
    A camera a day keeps me happy!
    Flickr me!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    there is. the Streetwalker Harddrive from ThinkTank. 2.3kg without anything. i use it for my notebook, camera + 3 or 4 lenses and 1 flash...and can still re-arrange the inserts to accommodate my notebook power adapter and cleaning kit and other stuff

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iRaphael
    I've got a Lowepro Computrekker AW Plus that I'm intending to sell cos its just too big.

    My needs are: 1 15" laptop, 1 gripped camera, 2-3 lenses and flash. Some random accessories like batteries, memory cards, etc.

    I require a backpack, that's not so conspicuous as what I have now, and something that I can use to put in books, files, etc for school too.

    Looked around all the common brands like thinktank and lowepro but can't seem to find one that's not so box-ish or humongous. Any other brands other users out there can recommend me?
    I have been using the Fastpack 250 for the past few months and loving it. I have almost the same requirements - just that my laptop is 13.3". Very nice bag, accessible and plenty of storage well spaced out.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    So to hijack this post a bit.

    I also need a bag that can store:
    - 15"-17" laptop + power adapter
    - DSLR cam
    - 3 to 4 lenses
    - some smaller accessories - batteries, memory cards, air pump, filters etc
    - tripod (to attach on outside of bag)

    I also quite like the Lowepro Fastpack 250/350, does it have anything to carry the tripod?

    I have seen a lot of Vanguard bags at Mustafa which are not too expensive, are they good?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Almost the goto bag for a lot of photographers...the Lowepro Fastpack 250 or something like it.

    if you dont need the laptop compartment, the similar design Versapack is damn light.
    Sry to hijack.I like the design of Versapack.Any idea of the RRP?Tia!!

  16. #16
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by Liangzai View Post
    Sry to hijack.I like the design of Versapack.Any idea of the RRP?Tia!!
    erm you can give them a call to ask for price...
    Lousy de My Flickr

  17. #17

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Hijack abit :P

    Eh, anyone know how much does a domke bag cost ar? Like F-3X?

    I am looking for a sling bag because the one from Kata is nice, but too 'box' looking so when i carry, it cover like my whole back and look abit weird :P
    ( Dont want crumpler :P )
    Love the life you live, live the life you love - DreamszPhoto

  18. #18
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by lexxmexx View Post
    So to hijack this post a bit.

    I also need a bag that can store:
    - 15"-17" laptop + power adapter
    - DSLR cam
    - 3 to 4 lenses
    - some smaller accessories - batteries, memory cards, air pump, filters etc
    - tripod (to attach on outside of bag)

    I also quite like the Lowepro Fastpack 250/350, does it have anything to carry the tripod?

    I have seen a lot of Vanguard bags at Mustafa which are not too expensive, are they good?
    The fastpacks do not have a tripod holder.If Vanguard can consider the Uprise 46 or 48.Otherwise the Think Tank Streetwalker Harddrive...

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamsz View Post
    Hijack abit :P

    Eh, anyone know how much does a domke bag cost ar? Like F-3X?

    I am looking for a sling bag because the one from Kata is nice, but too 'box' looking so when i carry, it cover like my whole back and look abit weird :P
    ( Dont want crumpler :P )
    Call Cathay Photo and ask...

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Recommend me a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    The fastpacks do not have a tripod holder.If Vanguard can consider the Uprise 46 or 48.Otherwise the Think Tank Streetwalker Harddrive...
    Thanks for the info

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Malaysia, Singapore
    Posts
    129

    Default

    You can look for KATA Bumblebee series. I am using it and quite happy with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •