Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colours of microsoft laptop and MAC

Default Re: Colours of microsoft laptop and MAC

Quote Originally Posted by PopSoda View Post
    Running on windows.... Let me check it out and I will revert. Thanks!!
    It worked but... after calibrating, the windows color is still very different viewing from my MAC. Now... I am not sure which color calibration i should follow??!!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    On a total side note, the word "revert" is constantly misused in Singapore. In the context of your sentence, it actually means you will reset your settings to the original after trying the suggestions.
    Wah... questioning my english arr.. .. I checked website.... your are almost correct... but lucky... I scroll down and saw number four....(hmmmm I typed a lot of "number four" today)... perhaps I should say... "I will revert to you"... nontheless

Below from dictionary . com

World English Dictionary
    revert

vb (foll by to )
    1. to go back to a former practice, condition, belief, etc: she reverted to her old wicked ways
    2. to take up again or come back to a former topic
    3. biology (of individuals, organs, etc) to return to a more primitive, earlier, or simpler condition or type
    4. ( US ) to reply to someone: we will revert to you with pricing and other details
    5. property law (of an estate or interest in land) to return to its former owner or his heirs when a grant, esp a grant for the lifetime of the grantee, comes to an end
    6. revert to type to resume characteristics that were thought to have disappeared

n
    7. a person who, having been converted, has returned to his former beliefs or Church

[C13: from Latin revertere to return, from re- + vertere to turn]

usage Since back is part of the meaning of revert , one should not say that someone reverts back to a certain type of behaviour

re'verter

n

re'vertible

adj

By the way...

I will heed all your advice and have decided that I will buy a proper calibration kit....

I have checked and the recommended ones are Spyder and Eye-One

Can i have your further advise on:

1) Which brand and model do you recommend?

2) Any reasons why? Are they used by most professional photographers?

3) Where can and should I buy them? (I checked out Orient, Eye-One, and Cathay, Spyder)

Thanks in advance!

I use Spyder. For newer display types use only Spyder3. Have never tried Eye-One, cannot comment on that.
    Don't forget to calibrate both displays
    EOS

Okay... Burnt a hole in my pocket for a Spyder3

Calibrated my laptop finally... now... it seems like the uncalibrated MAC is closer to the calibrated color

Thanks to ALL you guys for your help!! Very valuable advice!!

I will re-PP a few pictures and again... please let me know how they go.

I have a problem...

The color I see in Adobe Bride/CS4 is different than that when I upload the picture. I uploaded pictures by converting the psd file to Jpeg. Can you please advise how I can have a consistent color throughout?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PopSoda
    I have a problem...

The color I see in Adobe Bride/CS4 is different than that when I upload the picture. I uploaded pictures by converting the psd file to Jpeg. Can you please advise how I can have a consistent color throughout?

Thanks!
    Which browser are you using?? You need to be sure that the browser you use is colour managed..
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

I have it figured out I guess!

Ok... edited the pictures... Can you please review and let me know if there are any color cast now?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...drea?p=7182784

Incy Wincy expensive Spyder..

Let me know if the color works now...

Using FF4 (which is colour managed): Now it looks good, at least for #1 and #3, #2 seem to have a different issue. Congrats, that's a good result now! Money well spent.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    On a total side note, the word "revert" is constantly misused in Singapore. In the context of your sentence, it actually means you will reset your settings to the original after trying the suggestions.
    Haha, in the US, 'revert' is almost never used in the same context that Singaporeans use it in. Americans say 'get back to you'. Growing up in SG, I thought the differences in US and British English are just the spellings of some words like 'colour' and 'color'.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neech7

Haha, in the US, 'revert' is almost never used in the same context that Singaporeans use it in. Americans say 'get back to you'. Growing up in SG, I thought the differences in US and British English are just the spellings of some words like 'colour' and 'color'.
    Very different. I remember many years ago in college in USA, I had a long talk with my English professor about the British writing style we are trained in SG. 'you do not write with passion' he says and I agree.

Anyway, I am often thrown off by 'please advise' and 'please revert' in emails from fellow singaporeans. I am getting used to it though.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th May 2011 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Using FF4 (which is colour managed): Now it looks good, at least for #1 and #3, #2 seem to have a different issue. Congrats, that's a good result now! Money well spent.
    Money not enough.... But thanks for your help and comments!!

Quote Originally Posted by neech7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Very different. I remember many years ago in college in USA, I had a long talk with my English professor about the British writing style we are trained in SG. 'you do not write with passion' he says and I agree.

Anyway, I am often thrown off by 'please advise' and 'please revert' in emails from fellow singaporeans. I am getting used to it though.
    Okay.. Neech7 and daredevil123 - this is what i think... singaporean are lazy...and true to our singapore roots... we shorten words and sentences using singlish, dialect, malay, chinese or broken english etc all in one sentence... hence - revert = get back to you... and revert became the singapore norm for getting back to you...

what am I babbling? simi sai...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12