Thread: G12 on lightroom 2

Default G12 on lightroom 2

Hi brother and sister, i have just bought a G12 and now lightroom 2 can't read my G12 raw file. Help ! Can anyone tell me what file to update on lightroom 2 or down loading any software to read G12 Raw file?

Many many Thanks!!!
    Ros

Default Re: G12 on lightroom 2

Hi Ros,
    Not sure if LR2 can support the new G12 RAW file, but you can try updating your LR from the menubar > Help > Check for Updates

If not, Panasonic should have its proprietary software that came with your GF12 that will be able to read your RAW files.

Hope this helps.

I think since LR3 is out already for quite some time the older version is just no longer supported and therefore not updated. Upgrade to LR3, Adobe offers the upgrade for USD99, online. Even LR3 has already version 3.4 out. Most of these updates after initial release of v3 are related to newer camera models.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by AnsQ View Post
    Hi Ros,
    Not sure if LR2 can support the new G12 RAW file, but you can try updating your LR from the menubar > Help > Check for Updates

If not, Panasonic should have its proprietary software that came with your GF12 that will be able to read your RAW files.

Hope this helps.
    G12 is a Canon and not Panasonic camera.

oops, why did i think it is Panasonic.
    Canon will be easier, the CD that came with the camera should have DPP, confirm will be able to view the RAW files

Quote Originally Posted by AnsQ View Post
    oops, why did i think it is Panasonic.
    Canon will be easier, the CD that came with the camera should have DPP, confirm will be able to view the RAW files
    Not really a guaranty. IIRC, that the CD coming along with 5D2 did not have the latest version and users had to wait for online update or get the CD from Service Center. But then again: install the CD version and get the update will fix the issue.
    EOS

there should be an update by adobe for new camera. I think you can either do it in the program or go to adobe website. LR3 also have updates regularly when there a new model that is intro for canon and the other brands.

Like the recent update for Fuji X100.

Hope this helps.

You have to get LR3. As an alternative you could download the free RAW-DNG converter from adobe. LR2 can read the DNG files
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr