Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: Cycling & Photography outing

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Cycling & Photography outing

    Hi everyone, Im thinking of organizing a cycling cum street/candid shoot on the 14/15 may which is next week.

    Any one with a bike can join, without bike also can join provided someone has a strong bike that can take the load of 2 people but for me im using my Brompton foldable bike so i can only take someone who weight ard 30-35 kg and plus ur 5kg camera equipment (girl prefered) cos my bike max load is only ard 110kg before my bike split into two then i have to use masking tape ..

    Place n time to be confirm but shd be somewhere ard from west to central or anyone can recommend any good place to go can recommend.

    Please include ur nick, bike model(state if u are able to take another person), hp number:

    1.canonmono, Brompton S6R(30-40kg person), 93676029
    2.
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny island
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Hi everyone, Im thinking of organizing a cycling cum street/candid shoot on the 14/15 may which is next week.

    Any one with a bike can join, without bike also can join provided someone has a strong bike that can take the load of 2 people but for me im using my Brompton foldable bike so i can only take someone who weight ard 30-35 kg and plus ur 5kg camera equipment (girl prefered) cos my bike max load is only ard 110kg before my bike split into two then i have to use masking tape ..

    Place n time to be confirm but shd be somewhere ard from west to central or anyone can recommend any good place to go can recommend.

    Please include ur nick, bike model(state if u are able to take another person), hp number:

    1.canonmono, Brompton S6R(30-40kg person), 93676029
    2.BananaDiver, Flamingo HS-F1 (not free this weekend though, just to register interest)
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    not this weekend is next weekend .. =D
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  4. #4

    Default

    Anocha, with Brommie register for interest .preferably in the north east area.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    It should be fun, I stay at the west side.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Ok, so far for now is this namelist, will updated place latest by tml or if u can recommend some nice place to cycle are welcome as well .. pls update if u can take another person and ur hp numbers .. thx =D

    1.canonmono, Brompton S6R(30-40kg person), 93676029
    2.BananaDiver, Flamingo HS-F1 (not free this weekend though, just to register interest)
    3.Anocha, with Brommie
    4.Wind 450D
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny island
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Seriously speaking... It is unsafe to take another person even if a full size bike... Even with a hand made britain bike like yours, i doubt there will be people wanting to hitch a ride... Just some personal thoughts...

    Cheers
    Banana
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    I thought of that but if people want to to join and without bike then can hitch a ride but will be leisure ride ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny island
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    I thought of that but if people want to to join and without bike then can hitch a ride but will be leisure ride ..
    well... imho... i feel unsafe for anyone that is going to hitch a ride on a brompton... just my 2 cents...
    better to be safe and take nice photos at the same time...

    cheers
    banana
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    im not talking about myself but those who have more sturdy bike cos mine will split into 2 if i take another person =D
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny island
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    for me im using my Brompton foldable bike so i can only take someone who weight ard 30-35 kg and plus ur 5kg camera equipment (girl prefered) cos my bike max load is only ard 110kg
    quoted from u...

    u can join this group here... happened to talk to one of the founders at mybikeshop yesterday... looks like a fun group and they organise sunday riders every week...
    http://lovecyclingsg.niceboard.com/
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

  12. #12

    Default

    I join this cycling group occasionally too, they usually travel around 20km. Concentrate on cycling and they have volunteer to capture the cyclist in action. What is your objective for this outing? Photography or cycling? I would want a photography session, since I join them on Sunday already.
    I propose building and landscape shoot around boat quay, Clark quay and MBS.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Sunday 15 May ard 3pm, meet at chinatown MRT station .. we will start from chinatown(Mostly street shoot, building or landscape) -> clark quay(Look for ang mohs or foreigners to take portrait) then to marina bay(got sunset?)

    Things to bring: Tripod(If u got jelly hand), handheld(if ur hand works like tripod)
    Flash and diffuser(protrait cos i think natural light wont be constant)
    Camera and lens( for me i take tokina 11-16mm, 70-300mmL with kenko tc, 50mm 1.8 II and my wife 60D)
    Just make sure ur bike got lights(front and back) for night ride just in case
    Bicycle & helmet(Dont worry for no1 will throw durian down and i wont be wearing any helmet cos the whether is alr hot enough)
    Bags(I Dont recommend sling bag as it is awkward for me as it drop down alot so i change to belt system)
    Extra battery(just in case or battery grip)
    Pm me your handphone numbers(incase no one come i can call and hear your reason(S))
    Umbrella or something to cover ur bike or urself(If my foldy got rain bath then i have no idea what will happen)
    Filters(Tianya, hoya, ai yaya .. circle, square, triangle .. blue black pink orange up to you)
    Lastly urself(Try not to be late although i think i might)
    Last but not least is to Enjoy,Share & Learn

    If still got time then i will cycle back to west so anyone joining?
    Last edited by canonmono; 8th May 2011 at 10:49 PM.
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny island
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    Sunday 15 May ard 3pm, meet at chinatown MRT station .. we will start from chinatown(Mostly street shoot, building or landscape) -> clark quay(Look for ang mohs or foreigners to take portrait) then to marina bay(got sunset?)

    Things to bring: Tripod(If u got jelly hand), handheld(if ur hand works like tripod)
    Flash and diffuser(protrait cos i think natural light wont be constant)
    Camera and lens( for me i take tokina 11-16mm, 70-300mmL with kenko tc, 50mm 1.8 II and my wife 60D)
    Just make sure ur bike got lights(front and back) for night ride just in case
    Bicycle & helmet(Dont worry for no1 will throw durian down and i wont be wearing any helmet cos the whether is alr hot enough)
    Bags(I Dont recommend sling bag as it is awkward for me as it drop down alot so i change to belt system)
    Extra battery(just in case or battery grip)
    Pm me your handphone numbers(incase no one come i can call and hear your reason(S))
    Umbrella or something to cover ur bike or urself(If my foldy got rain bath then i have no idea what will happen)
    Filters(Tianya, hoya, ai yaya .. circle, square, triangle .. blue black pink orange up to you)
    Lastly urself(Try not to be late although i think i might)
    Last but not least is to Enjoy,Share & Learn

    If still got time then i will cycle back to west so anyone joining?
    can't make it this coming weekend... til the next time... will be cycling and shooting today though... no work... haha...
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Quote Originally Posted by BananaDiver View Post
    can't make it this coming weekend... til the next time... will be cycling and shooting today though... no work... haha...
    Got nice place to cycle and shoot must recommend! was doing it at ard yew tee yesterday and i found a nice place to take sunset .. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9027.714899072
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono
    Sunday 15 May ard 3pm, meet at chinatown MRT station .. we will start from chinatown(Mostly street shoot, building or landscape) -> clark quay(Look for ang mohs or foreigners to take portrait) then to marina bay(got sunset?)

    Things to bring: Tripod(If u got jelly hand), handheld(if ur hand works like tripod)
    Flash and diffuser(protrait cos i think natural light wont be constant)
    Camera and lens( for me i take tokina 11-16mm, 70-300mmL with kenko tc, 50mm 1.8 II and my wife 60D)
    Just make sure ur bike got lights(front and back) for night ride just in case
    Bicycle & helmet(Dont worry for no1 will throw durian down and i wont be wearing any helmet cos the whether is alr hot enough)
    Bags(I Dont recommend sling bag as it is awkward for me as it drop down alot so i change to belt system)
    Extra battery(just in case or battery grip)
    Pm me your handphone numbers(incase no one come i can call and hear your reason(S))
    Umbrella or something to cover ur bike or urself(If my foldy got rain bath then i have no idea what will happen)
    Filters(Tianya, hoya, ai yaya .. circle, square, triangle .. blue black pink orange up to you)
    Lastly urself(Try not to be late although i think i might)
    Last but not least is to Enjoy,Share & Learn

    If still got time then i will cycle back to west so anyone joining?
    Hi canonmono,

    Which west area do you start from? I maybe joining you too. I'm riding a mountain bike

    Regards , marcus

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Sorry, canonmono
    Can't make it on Sunday as morning have a ride and not sure when will I finish.
    Further more, this few day is dam hot and I dont think I can tahan during the noon ride. Est for me to reach there by bike about one hour, siong ah.
    Any way have fun, one advise please wear a helmet if you are on road.
    cheer...

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Quote Originally Posted by marcus28 View Post
    Hi canonmono,

    Which west area do you start from? I maybe joining you too. I'm riding a mountain bike

    Regards , marcus
    I stay in yew tee but shd be ard jurong east ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    677

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Unofficial: Friday after going diginexx to get some stuff for my foldy and going funan to get my belt system complete, i shd cycle ard that area so anyone interested ard afternoon and im thinking of sat after cleonbus clubsnap event can cycle at pasir ris .. hmm .. anyone?
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunny island
    Posts
    1,208

    Default Re: Cycling & Photography outing

    Quote Originally Posted by canonmono View Post
    Unofficial: Friday after going diginexx to get some stuff for my foldy and going funan to get my belt system complete, i shd cycle ard that area so anyone interested ard afternoon and im thinking of sat after cleonbus clubsnap event can cycle at pasir ris .. hmm .. anyone?
    watever/wherever u ride... wear a helmet and ride safely... cheers...
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •