Thread: COMEX 2004... worth the trip?

Talking COMEX 2004... worth the trip?

Hi! Anyone out there been to COMEX2004 yet?
    I'm intending to go on sat/sun. May hunt for new computer LCD monitor
    or new components for setting up a new pc.

Are the prices listed at Comex low? or is it not worth the trouble getting squashed by the crowd? (i hate crowds )

hiya. just went there yesterday. in terms of prices, ok only lar.... not exactly very fantastic.

as for the crowd, if u're going there on the weekend, be prepared to bring a steel case with cushions fitted in there. cos the crowd is retarded and the chances of u and ur new LCD being SQUASHED is relatively quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki

Are the prices listed at Comex low? or is it not worth the trouble getting squashed by the crowd? (i hate crowds )
    go down yesterday after 7pm, the crowds is still ok... not so bad... but weekend... confirm see heads more than product.

hmm.. agree with therat and jonlou..

think if you really hate crowds.. it wld be better for you to go today rather than the weekends. weekends are absolute killers! might take you like 1-2hrs walking from one end to another. and you'll end up with alot of useless brochures too.

Lots of LCD on sales,
    DVD writer is cheap (free media),
    iPOD / mini iPod have good price,
    DSC have good free gifts...

and last but not least....

LOTS OF PPL Q-ing at the SanDisk booth for memory card... good price...

Quote Originally Posted by therat
    go down yesterday after 7pm, the crowds is still ok... not so bad... but weekend... confirm see heads more than product.
    I wish i can go during weekdays but i'm working and i need to study for a cert exam for this coming saturday.

Anyone can recommend any LCD that's on offer? The last i saw from SLS was ViewSonic 17inch goin at $599.

There's Sandisk CF card on offer? I'll zoom in on that

Jason H0
    Guests

i strongly advice you not buy to LCD at any computer fair cos the seller do not allow u to test before buying. My request to test before i bought was rudely rejected and i regretted handing over my cash. When i reached home and plugged the LCD in, there were a few dead pixels staring at me. I returned with the defective monitor to the seller to ask for a 1-1 exchange and was told i can't do a swap as i should have tested it on the spot. I was very pi$$ed off.

Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki

Quote Originally Posted by Jason H0
    i strongly advice you not buy to LCD at any computer fair cos the seller do not allow u to test before buying. My request to test before i bought was rudely rejected and i regretted handing over my cash. When i reached home and plugged the LCD in, there were a few dead pixels staring at me. I returned with the defective monitor to the seller to ask for a 1-1 exchange and was told i can't do a swap as i should have tested it on the spot. I was very pi$$ed off.
    That sounds bad, not very professional of that sales person can PM me the name of that seller? i'll avoid them for sure.

So how abt computer components? Should i juz get a barebone pc from comex? never buy barebone before... not sure if it's worth the price.

I went yday to get a MP3 player......... but i did my own homework to check on the net first..... so tat u know what you are looking for and not get con by ppl......
    My advise is to be the earliest....... they open at 10.30am..... that is the only time that is still ok....... by afternoon the crowds grow and it gets worst later......

Would someone be able to advise what is a good price range for a dvd writer. I am interested in getting one, but don't have much knowledge of this type of product.

They got sell lens? filters..ect? Those camera accessories?

The COMEX open from what time?

any sub $100 DVD DVD+-/R/RW writers on sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Annery
    I went yday to get a MP3 player......... but i did my own homework to check on the net first..... so tat u know what you are looking for and not get con by ppl......
    My advise is to be the earliest....... they open at 10.30am..... that is the only time that is still ok....... by afternoon the crowds grow and it gets worst later......
    bro i thot they open at 12pm? hehe
    as for barebone.... creative is selling one @ 199 or 190bucks.... saw lotsa people carrying them... dunno whether is good or not...
    the other thing that i saw lotsa peeps buying is a canon Print-Scanner-Fax.. dunno got the fax a not... those kinda print 2 in1 or 3 in 1 kind.... lotsa people buy that, i saw the retail price of it in Harvey norman... its ard 590... dunno how much commex is selling..... Just lotsa people are buying....

I went yesterday looking around for LCD (after buying the TDK DVD drives). The Sony 19" P seriese looks very good, in fact excellent. But the price is same as outside, no discount, got free gift (cleaner and mouse) So I decided to wait and try outside shops at later date, cannot buy on impluse. The other brands I saw but did not like it.

I'll check out more info abt the creative barebone from HWZ later
    also eyeing MSI barebone...

oh yeah... confirmed. opening hours from 12noon to 9pm.
    http://www.comexshow.com.sg/venue.asp

Default IPOD price

Any idea on the IPOD 20GB price? My friend said it is going for $470 at Comex, anyone can verify?

the ipod mini is something like 460.

I got myself:
    1) TDK DVD writer (@199)
    2) 1GB RAM (for my new PC which I have not built)

Looking to get:
    1) Creative SLIX (@199 it is cheap - though I know it is not the best small PC)
    2) Viewsonic 19" LCD (Astin - I know sony is much better but much more ex)
    3) HDD (anyone will do - so long can store photos)
    4) Video Card (can anyone recommend me a good 4x AGP for Photoshop?)
    4) some additional peripherals like keyboard, mouse
    5) CPU (is the intel 3.06GHz with HT good?)