Thread: Comparison of C00lPix 5200 vs Powershot A95

Default Comparison of C00lPix 5200 vs Powershot A95

I have a colleague who is undecided over which of the above cameras to buy, so I hope to gather more useful info/comments here in CS. We have been to Comex today to have a hands on feel of both the cameras and this are our point of views:
    1) I feel that the A95 feels more solid compared to the plastic feel of the CP5200, but my colleague prefers the CP cos its much smaller.
    2) A95's menu system is more appealing and logical for a newbie like my colleague.
    3) A95 is made in China vs 5200 (dun know place of manufacturing)??

I reccommend him the A95 rather than the CP but he keep emphasizing on the fact that the CP5200 has picture quality of the highest Nikon DSLR technology (as marketed by Nikon), how true is it??

Thanks and welcome any sorts of comments!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damien
    I have a colleague who is undecided over which of the above cameras to buy, so I hope to gather more useful info/comments here in CS. We have been to Comex today to have a hands on feel of both the cameras and this are our point of views:
    1) I feel that the A95 feels more solid compared to the plastic feel of the CP5200, but my colleague prefers the CP cos its much smaller.
    2) A95's menu system is more appealing and logical for a newbie like my colleague.
    3) A95 is made in China vs 5200 (dun know place of manufacturing)??

I reccommend him the A95 rather than the CP but he keep emphasizing on the fact that the CP5200 has picture quality of the highest Nikon DSLR technology (as marketed by Nikon), how true is it??

CP 5200 is just a "snap" cam without TV/AV/M mode compare to A95 ...
    A95 is a much better choice and tell him to forget about those marketing term and technology

Yeah, I second that. Even though both Nikon and Canon are both established names in the camera field, the A series by Canon has been proven over time to be the most bang for the money.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damien

ermmm... CP5200 has pic quality of the highest nikon DSLR tech? CP5200 is a P&S cam, not DSLR... check out

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_...n5200_pg5.html for the reviews
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal