Thread: Help me....computer experts.

Default Help me....computer experts.

need help from computer experts here......

problem:- unable to dial-in into singnet.

finding:- the properties of the user name and the phone number had reset to something else, not my user id and singnet dail-in number.

what had done:- i deleted the dial-in icon. re-created one with my user id and singnet dial-in number....few minutes later it re-set to a different user-id and different dial-in number....the same as what i had deleted.

some stupid software had installed when i was surfing the net without me knowing it. can computer experts give me advice? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jesser
    need help from computer experts here......

problem:- unable to dial-in into singnet.

finding:- the properties of the user name and the phone number had reset to something else, not my user id and singnet dail-in number.

what had done:- i deleted the dial-in icon. re-created one with my user id and singnet dial-in number....few minutes later it re-set to a different user-id and different dial-in number....the same as what i had deleted.

some stupid software had installed when i was surfing the net without me knowing it. can computer experts give me advice? thanks in advance.
    You might have some spyware on your machine. Download Spybot S&D and scan the system.

Regards
    CK
    Last edited by ckiang; 26th August 2004 at 10:15 PM.

I fully concur. You'd want to use some good spyware removal software like Spybot. It's free too!