Thread: Learning Excel VBA macro

Question Learning Excel VBA macro

Was wondering any one have recommendation or experience, learning from local institute/agency that offer Excel VBA macro courses ?

Of course if can be subsidize by WSQ is even better
    Last edited by horizon_grazer; 4th May 2011 at 04:27 AM.

Default Re: Learning Excel VBA macro

Do you need the certification or are you learning just for personal development? If you don't need the certification I recommend using the record macro function and then going through what was recorded to learn. That was how I learned VBA. I've attended a "advance excel macro programming" course before but I don't feel I learned very much during the course. If have to pay with my own money I definitely will not go.

Default Re: Learning Excel VBA macro

Quote Originally Posted by victorlee10 View Post
    Do you need the certification or are you learning just for personal development? If you don't need the certification I recommend using the record macro function and then going through what was recorded to learn. That was how I learned VBA. I've attended a "advance excel macro programming" course before but I don't feel I learned very much during the course. If have to pay with my own money I definitely will not go.
    I agree with victorlee, and albeit I am finance by profession, i learnt all the VBAs, macros, programming all thru books and internet. I have attended a few advance courses for VBA and etc, but still find the self learning the best.
    Start with the recording functions and then press Alt+F11 to invoke the VBA module...and the journey starts from there.

Smile Re: Learning Excel VBA macro

Thanks for the replies, its more for personal development.

Seem like courses does not help very much in the learning process ?
    Is it because the programming scope is too wide or insufficient practice due to the lesson time constraints ?

In that case, is there any particular books or websites to recommend, for entry learner on VBA, macro ?

Quote Originally Posted by victorlee10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Milos View Post
    I agree with victorlee, and albeit I am finance by profession, i learnt all the VBAs, macros, programming all thru books and internet. I have attended a few advance courses for VBA and etc, but still find the self learning the best.
    Start with the recording functions and then press Alt+F11 to invoke the VBA module...and the journey starts from there.