Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

  1. #21
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    ARNOLDS ARNOLDS ARNOLDS FTW.

    Nothing can beat their juicy spring chicken and spicy batter. Most famous outlet is located at City Plaza near Paya Lebar MRT. Another outlet (mainly for delivery) is at Pasir Ris Pond.

    KFC's batter is too thick and flour-ish, Popeyes is only nice at the Changi Airport outlets. Texas chicken is in between KFC and Popeyes imo.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  2. #22

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Ajisen Ramen's chicken wings. Super solid with the lemon juice on it The chicken is so tasty and tender, even better than KFC.

  3. #23
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    I wouldn't discount some neighbourhood western food versions of fried chicken wings or spring chickens.... man, a whiff and bite into of some of those can make your gastric juice churn and spin out of its inertia! I wonder what mojo they put into their batter mix... Powderful...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  4. #24
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Acmamall View Post
    Ajisen Ramen's chicken wings. Super solid with the lemon juice on it The chicken is so tasty and tender, even better than KFC.
    but ajisen ramen not nice (comes to ramens), u should give kyo nichi ramen a try.

  5. #25
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    yeah. forgot abt bonchon. but their plain fried chicken can be abit dry. the one with some sauce on it taste better.
    Didn't know they have plain ones. It's always soy garlic and hot & spicy for me.

  6. #26
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Didn't know they have plain ones. It's always soy garlic and hot & spicy for me.
    looks like i must try this place some time!

    OT a bit... besides fried chicken, for grilled chicken, i will recommend nandos (bugis, plaza sing). the chicken meat is very tender. tastier then kenny roger I find. there is 4 types of sauce available... from non spicy to extra spicy.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrov View Post
    I can only think of one place worse than Popeye's. Jollibee.
    Oh my! Don't you know that Jollibee's Chicken Joy is the Philippines' National Fried Chicken? What an insult! You must be jokin'!

    lolz.

  8. #28
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,943
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Changi Village hawker center the famous Nasi Lemak stall ..... the fried chicken is best with sambal, cucumber and pandan rice wooohooo

    The Adam Rd hawker center also have a couple of muslim stalls with great fried chicken for their Chicken Rice .... only 1 or 2 stalls do that dish so not hard to find...... i think they use kampung chicken (low fat)
    Last edited by ed9119; 3rd May 2011 at 04:21 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  9. #29
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    Changi Village hawker center the famous Nasi Lemak stall ..... the fried chicken is best with sambal, cucumber and pandan rice wooohooo
    actually their standard dropped as compared to 10+ years ago during my NS at Changi Camp (always walked there to buy supper during guard duties).

    but one thing good about them till now... the fried chicken wing wun turned soggy even if u eat it later. still remains crispy.

  10. #30

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Personally I find that different ppl like different style of fried chicken.
    Some people like smooth ('hua') and juicy chicken (typically will hate dry chicken breast). Many will settle for KFC. The fried bee hoon stall in Chong Pang (next to the 7-11 that always win CNY toto jackpot) also serves this type of deep fried chicken wing, and business in good for that stall.

    Other folks like a more fried, harder, crispier chicken. In fact, I find that even the KFC outlets in Malaysia serve this type of fried chicken. My preference is for this type. Popeye's serve this type as well. So for me Popeyes is the go to fast food chicken outlet.
    There is also a vege rice stall across Khatib MRT which serves very good crispy chicken. Don't know why, but it seems to stay crispy for very long.



    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    ARNOLDS ARNOLDS ARNOLDS FTW.

    Nothing can beat their juicy spring chicken and spicy batter. Most famous outlet is located at City Plaza near Paya Lebar MRT. Another outlet (mainly for delivery) is at Pasir Ris Pond.

    KFC's batter is too thick and flour-ish, Popeyes is only nice at the Changi Airport outlets. Texas chicken is in between KFC and Popeyes imo.
    My findings between Popeye's, KFC, Texas is the same as yours.

    Never tried Arnold's though.... I think I'd give it a try one of these days when I am in the area. Thx for sharing.

  11. #31

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    Oh my! Don't you know that Jollibee's Chicken Joy is the Philippines' National Fried Chicken? What an insult! You must be jokin'!

    lolz.
    Jollibee taste like an imitation of Popeyes. Nuff said! KFC Tastes different in every country.

    Fast food chain food is never the best. The best is that little local shop that few people know about. Because that shop has to differentiate itself. So somewhere in Singapore, whether at a hawker, small restaurant or somebody's grandma's kitchen, is the BDCITL! (Best Damn Chicken In The Land)
    Tyrov
    Flickr

  12. #32
    Member agws1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    North East Singapore
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Anyone tried BBQ Chicken? Their olive oil fried chicken is very good. Also second the opinion on Arnolds.

  13. #33

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Didn't know they have plain ones. It's always soy garlic and hot & spicy for me.
    not really plain but not the wings.

    i tried their chicken chop thingy. i prefer the wings.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    ikea chicken wings - um, not sure if fried or bbq-ed. :P

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrov View Post
    Jollibee taste like an imitation of Popeyes. Nuff said! KFC Tastes different in every country.
    I'm pretty sure millions of Filipinos would disagree with you. That's usually in the "must-eat" list of just about every Filipinos flying back home. It's kinda sad that there's no Jollibee in Singapore. Probably the closest you can get to Jollibee's Chicken Joy it is that of Happy-V's (there's one in Lau Pa Sat, and in Lucky Plaza).

    Anyway, I agree that KFC tastes differently between countries (and as an FYI, in the Philippines, KFC chicken comes with gravy!).

    For me, within SG's boundaries, I find Arnold's Fried Chicken to be pretty good. But it's best to eat it in-store rather than through its delivery service.

    :Later,

  16. #36

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    wah...this thread not simple...making me hungry liao.

  17. #37

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    I'm pretty sure millions of Filipinos would disagree with you. That's usually in the "must-eat" list of just about every Filipinos flying back home. It's kinda sad that there's no Jollibee in Singapore. Probably the closest you can get to Jollibee's Chicken Joy it is that of Happy-V's (there's one in Lau Pa Sat, and in Lucky Plaza).
    That's ok. It doesn't change my mind. Happy-V's used to be called Jollibee or some variation until they got a cease and desist for copyright violation or something. I've eaten at the one in Lau Pa Sat. I have also eaten at an actual Jollibee in Manila.

    I'll have to try Arnolds.
    What surprises me is that no one has put up their mother's or grandmother's fried chicken as the best. When this kind of argument goes down in the States, grandma's chicken is on the front lines.

    Really? No one here has a secret family recipe that they think is better than the mass produced fried chicken?
    Tyrov
    Flickr

  18. #38

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    my Grandfather's Fried chix is the best !!! There you got it

    Joking de....
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  19. #39

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    Anyone tried BBQ Chicken? Their olive oil fried chicken is very good. Also second the opinion on Arnolds.
    Sorry, but :thumbsdown" for me for BBQ Chicken. Expensive and CMI. That is the verdict from quite a few of my friends as well who have eaten there.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrov View Post
    That's ok. It doesn't change my mind. Happy-V's used to be called Jollibee or some variation until they got a cease and desist for copyright violation or something. I've eaten at the one in Lau Pa Sat. I have also eaten at an actual Jollibee in Manila.

    I'll have to try Arnolds.
    What surprises me is that no one has put up their mother's or grandmother's fried chicken as the best. When this kind of argument goes down in the States, grandma's chicken is on the front lines.

    Really? No one here has a secret family recipe that they think is better than the mass produced fried chicken?
    This is S'pore.
    Ppl only know how to wait for the other person to take action
    So all eat outside at Jollibee

  20. #40

    Default Re: where to find best fried chicken in singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrov View Post
    Popeye's?!! That's disgusting man!!! Popeye's is like the lowest of the low when it comes to chicken. There is a reason you find Popeye's in the not so nice parts of town. I can only think of one place worse than Popeye's. Jollibee.
    I'm sure Singapore can do much better.
    wah, popeye is waaaayyy better than ChicKing (or whatever the name is, came there once and will never come back)..

    not really fried chicken, but for fried wings, i love Pizza Hut's one..
    Last edited by bayusuputra; 4th May 2011 at 01:23 PM.
    - troubled undergrad -
    Olympus XA/Canon QL17 GIII flickr

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •