Thread: which brand of sd card is good?

Default which brand of sd card is good?

hi ppl...i'm planning to get a 128 mb sd card for my digital camera, but there're so many brands out there like kingston, sandisk, toshiba etc. which brand would you recommend? if you know of the price, could you kindly include it as well? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by clearbluesky
    hi ppl...i'm planning to get a 128 mb sd card for my digital camera, but there're so many brands out there like kingston, sandisk, toshiba etc. which brand would you recommend? if you know of the price, could you kindly include it as well? thanks!
    Sandisk is very reputable

Toshiba is also reputable, but my contacts are bad with my PDA

Kingston is also a memory manufacturer, and also good

Whichever is cheaper, just go for it. Don't pick the no-brand type!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

just found another 3 more brands - hagiwara, panasonic and lexar. could anyone give some comments about them? thanks!

i was told not to get Kingston, they say its not every good...
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    That's what I heard from a sales person too, said that Kingston SDs are one of the cheaper ones but not as reliable. All my SD cards are Panasonic and Sandisks, no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaler
    That's what I heard from a sales person too, said that Kingston SDs are one of the cheaper ones but not as reliable. All my SD cards are Panasonic and Sandisks, no problems at all.
    Hi Xaler, May I know which company sales person told you that?

Kingston SD cards are either from Toshiba or Panasonic and they put their label over it. So by saying that Kingston SD cards are not reliable will also mean that Toshiba/Panasonic SD cards are not reliable. Year to date, we only receive 2 returns from user for RMA and I think this is a very respectable number.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergent Systems
    Hi Xaler, May I know which company sales person told you that?

Kingston SD cards are either from Toshiba or Panasonic and they put their label over it. So by saying that Kingston SD cards are not reliable will also mean that Toshiba/Panasonic SD cards are not reliable. Year to date, we only receive 2 returns from user for RMA and I think this is a very respectable number.
    It's one of the shops at Lucky Plaza, can't recall which one exactly. I never took their words at face value... I was a little suprised as Kingston PC memory is well-known.

Anyways, I usually stick to Sandisk... no particular reason

Quote Originally Posted by Xaler
    It's one of the shops at Lucky Plaza, can't recall which one exactly. I never took their words at face value... I was a little suprised as Kingston PC memory is well-known.

Anyways, I usually stick to Sandisk... no particular reason
    Then I don't think that shop who told you that is giving you the right info.

Ahhh so you are a dieheart Sandisk supporter huh!! Do consider Kingston/Lexar Media product. They are as good and as reliable as Sandisk and we at Convergent Systems will give you any kind of support required by you.

How comes I dont see Toshiba sold much liao ?

Default dont buy made in taiwan sd card

dont buy made in taiwan sd card, very louzy

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    I am using a 512 mb Kingston SD c, it gives me some prob.

Quote Originally Posted by ANEWUSER
    What kind of problem are you facing with your SD512Mb? Please bring it back to us at SimLim SQ #06-12 Convergent Systems and we will replace you with a brand new ones.

ClubSNAP Admin

Quote Originally Posted by betterfeel
    dont buy made in taiwan sd card, very louzy
    Don't buy SD card make in Taiwan?

Maybe you can advise buy SD card make in where?

Please do not Mislead forums members by giving inaccurate information.

ClubSNAP Admin

You want Cheap and Good?

Get this at EastGear Promotions @ COMEX 2004 Booth: 8535

Team (Panasonic Chipset) 1GB High Speed 10MB/s SD @ $255

5 years warranty by Convergent Systems.

Quote Originally Posted by ANEWUSER
    my 2 pcs of 256mb kinston sd card also got problem.
    give 'write error' while i'm taking the fashion shows in raffles city last sunday.
    maybe it can't work in the high temp the camera produce.
    kinston write speed also slower than panasonic.
    switch to lexar, wow, super fast....
    Last edited by coldman; 30th August 2004 at 08:42 AM.
    Nikon D5000, D70; Nikon 18-55, 18-70, 70-300; Sigma 18-250, 50-500.

Default hangoveragain@hotmail.com

It's ok !

I've a toshiba 128 and kingston 128 SD. Both are working fine. The toshiba is a tad faster IMHO. I used to like sandisk and still like sandisk but i think lexar is giving them a run for their $$$. Just bought a lexar MS during comex. So far so good.

My SD/MS brands preference:
    1. Panasonic/Sony
    2. Lexar
    3. Sandisk (Kenna relegated by Lexar )

Tip: Do a search on the internet "Sandisk Vs Lexar" and you'll find interesting results.

Hi,
    Has been using Hagiwara SD cards for my Palm(One 128Mb and one 256Mb). They are actually Toshiba ones rebranded as Hagiwara and so far they have been working well!

The Panasonic ones seems to be the best around. They are also the most expensive. Following that seems to be Lexar and then Toshiba. Sandisk sounds reliable but i have read comments from users complaining that it is slow.