Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: OT: Which Primary School in the East?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Question OT: Which Primary School in the East?

    I've got this posted at HWZ but am not getting any response. Thought I should post here, in the hope that I'd get some advise.


    Our turn at Primary 1 Registration will be on Sept 2 and it appears that the slots for our favored picks - St Hilda's, Temasek Primary and St Anthony Canossian's -- are all taken up.

    Just want to get some opinions on which of the following available schools we should consider shortlisting:

    Code:
    
    BEDOK AREA
    
    BEDOK GREEN PRIMARY               169 
    BEDOK WEST PRIMARY                201 
    CHIJ (KATONG) PRIMARY              50 
    DAMAI PRIMARY                     137 
    EAST COAST PRIMARY                169 
    FENGSHAN PRIMARY                   73 
    OPERA ESTATE PRIMARY              137 
    ST. ANTHONY'S CANOSSIAN PRIMARY     4  (balloting already)
    TELOK KURAU PRIMARY                73 
     
    TAMPINES AREA
    
    CHANGKAT PRIMARY                   47 
    CHONGZHENG PRIMARY                 45  (balloting already)
    EAST VIEW PRIMARY                 151  
    GRIFFITHS PRIMARY                 155 
    JUNYUAN PRIMARY                   125 
    QIAONAN PRIMARY                   111 
    TAMPINES NORTH PRIMARY            126 
    TAMPINES PRIMARY                   95 
    YUMIN PRIMARY                     176 
    The above schools are all in the East coz we're currently staying near Simei MRT.

    Thanks in advance.
    :Later,

  2. #2

    Default

    Hee , I was from Qiaonan Pri.. hee

  3. #3
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    For starters, what are the schools that are nearer to your place?

    Then check up MOE's website, use its directory and check out their programmes, special programmes and even results ...

    Hope it helps!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamGoi
    For starters, what are the schools that are nearer to your place?

    Then check up MOE's website, use its directory and check out their programmes, special programmes and even results ...

    Hope it helps!
    The schools that are visibly near to our place are Chongzeng, Changkat and Griffiths. Any of the above listed schools should be okay coz as foreigners here, we've got no permanent address and thus, we can move nearer to any of the above school once our tenancy agreement ends.

    Anyway, my wife and I have already checked through MOE's website and the school's respective website as well. But I'm kind of looking more for feedback from people who may have a child or knows somebody who's attending any of the above listed schools. Opinions from current/former students would be appreciated as well.

    :Later,

  5. #5

    Default

    Are those all the schools that were listed on their website? Seems to me that some of them are not in the list. But then, I might be wrong cos the schools here have been relocated until I am confused too

    Nevertheless, I was a student of Fengshan pri. school many years back

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccplim
    Are those all the schools that were listed on their website? Seems to me that some of them are not in the list.
    Yes. Those are the only schools in Bedok and Tampines area that still have available slots.

    :Later,

  7. #7

    Default

    tao nan @ marine parde!

  8. #8

    Default

    Seriously, i would advise against going to any school which has the EM3 stream. Some of the children there are, really, very bad in terms of behaviour and stuff like that. I was doing CIP .. Teaching young kids basic computer skills.. So the school assigned was Changkat Primary.. wow.. the kids there are really beyond redemption.. primary 4/5/6 only.. but surfed porn in the comp lab.. No matter how hard we tried to tame them.. yeah.. they wont stop.. surfing illegal sites... fighting.. stealing hps..

    Im not trying to put down schools with the EM3 stream, but, yeah, this is just one experience i will never forget.. But of course, there are schools with EM3 streams that are good also!

    By the way, i was from nanyang primary school :P .. get a place there if you can!
    Last edited by junyang; 28th August 2004 at 03:40 AM.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junyang
    Seriously, i would advise against going to any school which has the EM3 stream. Some of the children there are, really, very bad in terms of behaviour and stuff like that. I was doing CIP .. Teaching young kids basic computer skills.. So the school assigned was Changkat Primary.. wow.. the kids there are really beyond redemption.. primary 4/5/6 only.. but surfed porn in the comp lab.. No matter how hard we tried to tame them.. yeah.. they wont stop.. surfing illegal sites... fighting.. stealing hps..

    Im not trying to put down schools with the EM3 stream, but, yeah, this is just one experience i will never forget.. But of course, there are schools with EM3 streams that are good also!

    By the way, i was from nanyang primary school :P .. get a place there if you can!
    Thanks for the feedback. I have checked and found that Nanyang Primary has no more slots liao.

    For now, we're torn between Ngee Ann Primary and CHIJ Katong. Hope we'll get our daughter a slot there this coming Thursday.

    :Later,

  10. #10

    Default

    oh it's a girl? haig girls(though it's not really that extreme east..)? i was from there. not much idea how it's like now though..

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •