Thread: Any Users of Wireless Viewfinder Remote?

Question Any Users of Wireless Viewfinder Remote?

Hi, is there any seniors here using a wireless viewfinder remote, e.g. Aputure Gigtube, Phottix Hero or Hahnel Inspire?

Are they useful? So far there is a mixed bag of comments (poor resolution etc.) but after reading a number of reviews and kinda shortlist Gigtube (IMO one of the better ones).

Anyone who is using them or something similar can comment whether it is worth it? I am not a pro, just wanna use it to review some of the photos taken instead of having to walk back to review them and retake.

Thanks.

Default Re: Any Users of Wireless Viewfinder Remote?

i'm not a pro nor a senior but will using this sort of remote view finder affect your photo? imo, this will be useful, if for some reason you can't look through the viewfinder or the live-screen.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

I believe the device won't affect the photos, it only acts as a remote and screen for viewing. Unless you are captured in the photos holding the device, probably that will affect the photos.

You wanna use this device to duplicate the job of the camera's LCD for the image review?
    I assume it's because you are the one photographing as well as being photographed?

Considered using a laptop connected to the camera, and the appropriate software? Cheaper option for tethered shooting.
    Exploring! :)

Can't use laptop coz it's for outdoors/overseas trip when I am taking shots together with my partner using a tripod.

Blog Entries

The best use for these contraptions is for birding. Set up the lens and camera at a bird's fav spot. Using the screen sit far away, just relax and smoke/drink beer and wait for the target to come and SNAP!