Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

Thread: SANDISK EXTREME 512MB CF at S$145!

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztik
    sandisk ULTRA II!! $80 for 512mb at amazon/adorama. best performance. better than lexar.
    aren't those prices in USD?... + shipping, is it worth it ?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    knew someone who got the Extreme at $145. must be a shiok feeling!

  3. #43

    Default

    Yup, CF card prices will plunge further. Gadgets using flash memory have prices plunging too.

    Update on the Extreme card "promo". Went there at 11.30, could not get in since it was exhibitors only. Well if you have any ideas to sneak in before opening time (noon), you can try. Doors opened, chiong ah! One grp chiong to Oly booth for a free gift with cut-out coupon, the other group chiong to Sandisk. I was half running and half walking, i know exactly where to head. Saw from far 2 were already there queueing. Joined the queue and the guys counted to number 10. Cut. Out of Stock.


    Extreme

    They have also been improved for use in extreme conditions, they will operate from well below freezing (minus 13 degrees F/minus 25 degrees C) to near boiling (185 degrees F/85 degrees C), and each card is ruggedized with a layer of heavy duty RTV silicone to withstand 3000 G-forces.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...tremecards.asp

    Speed, tested side-by-side with Ultra II on D70, absolutely no diff in burst frame depth, write complete speed (via LED).
    Last edited by 2100; 27th August 2004 at 08:47 PM.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    knew someone who got the Extreme at $145. must be a shiok feeling!
    *very* shoik feeling. =)

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Update on the Extreme card "promo". Went there at 11.30, could not get in since it was exhibitors only. Well if you have any ideas to sneak in before opening time (noon), you can try. Doors opened, chiong ah! One grp chiong to Oly booth for a free gift with cut-out coupon,
    just curious.. what kinds of free gift from Oly...

  6. #46

    Default

    hmm.. what's the normal selling price of the card may I ask?

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    just curious.. what kinds of free gift from Oly...
    Not sure, i was peeping over the shoulders to look at the newspaper cut-out but i could not see. It should be something decent.

    Nicholaslee - Places like Chamoxa was selling like $23x some 1 month ago? Twinmos 70x is selling at $139, so Extreme is definitely worth it at this pt in time. Twinmos' write speed is slightly slower than the Ultra II/Extreme.
    Last edited by 2100; 28th August 2004 at 01:13 AM.

  8. #48

    Default Olympus Gift

    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    just curious.. what kinds of free gift from Oly...
    I went on 26/8 3pm and managed to collect the free gift from Olympus with a coupon from Computer Times. The advertisements states that the first hundred had an additional goodie bag but it probably ran out. I received a CD_ROM titled 'my digital story OLYMPUS - Jeon Ji Hyun SPECIAL CD VOL. 1' and 'Not for sale'. It consists of a commercial featuring the Korean which I have not seem on local TV before, another commercial featuring only caucasions on the LCD and album feature, a photo album of the Korean star, screensavers and desktops for downloading.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ST_sg
    I'd try on the Ridata 52x 512MB CF on my 300D, problematic! Luckily the reseller willing to let me upgrade it to Sandisk UltraII 512MB, wow... superb performance as compared to my old 128MB CF. no regret on this UltraII card

    Just saw FlashcardBestBuy selling it at a very surprising price Sandisk UltraII 512MB going for S$159 !!! BUY BUY BUY!

    http://www.flashcard-bestbuy.com/sho...101&path=1,101
    Saw the website you mentioned. Is that an office? I think the CF prices will just keep dropping and fast too! Who knows less than 6 mths later, we can get the 1 Gb at the same price that we now pay for the 512 Mb.
    There is no life without fast cars....

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Yup, CF card prices will plunge further. Gadgets using flash memory have prices plunging too.

    Update on the Extreme card "promo". Went there at 11.30, could not get in since it was exhibitors only. Well if you have any ideas to sneak in before opening time (noon), you can try. Doors opened, chiong ah! One grp chiong to Oly booth for a free gift with cut-out coupon, the other group chiong to Sandisk. I was half running and half walking, i know exactly where to head. Saw from far 2 were already there queueing. Joined the queue and the guys counted to number 10. Cut. Out of Stock.


    Extreme

    They have also been improved for use in extreme conditions, they will operate from well below freezing (minus 13 degrees F/minus 25 degrees C) to near boiling (185 degrees F/85 degrees C), and each card is ruggedized with a layer of heavy duty RTV silicone to withstand 3000 G-forces.

    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0308/03...tremecards.asp

    Speed, tested side-by-side with Ultra II on D70, absolutely no diff in burst frame depth, write complete speed (via LED).

    Was there this morning and the group waiting for the doors to open at 12 was getting big. I chionged but somehow about 15 chionged faster than me! But what the heck - I was prepared to get the Ultra 2 if I couldn't get the Extreme... You guys who got it, good on yer! Must be the deal of the century man. In the end, got a 1GB Ultra 2. As mentioned, no diff with the Extreme card, and I am not exactly headed for a photoshoot in the Sahara or Antartica, so...

    Anyway, to those who wants to chiong, reconsider. Just settle for the 512mb Ultra 2 at 160. Equally cheap.

  11. #51

    Default

    Actually, Twinmos' Ultra-X at 7.5MB/s write speed is cool too. $139 for 512. Unless you really need that speed (very very rarely) and its gotta be on a fast write cam like D70/D2H/1DM2. Else you factor in the overheads, really very insignificant differences lar.

  12. #52

    Default

    went to the fair on friday, saw SanDisk Ultra II 1GB was selling for 320. is this a good price?

    did the price drop like the lexar 40x 1GB?

    thanks.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    -Not Found-
    Posts
    605

    Default

    Latest details on Extreme 512mb CF cards.. was there this afternoon and was told they are selling only 25 pcs a day (10 at 12pm and 15 at 6pm).
    Since I was there at about 4.45 decided to wait a while at the sandisk booth. A while later I ask the salesman again when will the queue start and he said it might have started already. He ask me to look at the side of the booth. I found the queue got a number(4th) Sale of cards only started at 6pm. Only during the last 15-20 min then the other ppl start to join the queue. Go early sure no prob.

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dann
    Latest details on Extreme 512mb CF cards.. was there this afternoon and was told they are selling only 25 pcs a day (10 at 12pm and 15 at 6pm).
    Since I was there at about 4.45 decided to wait a while at the sandisk booth. A while later I ask the salesman again when will the queue start and he said it might have started already. He ask me to look at the side of the booth. I found the queue got a number(4th) Sale of cards only started at 6pm. Only during the last 15-20 min then the other ppl start to join the queue. Go early sure no prob.

    Congrats

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    went to the fair on friday, saw SanDisk Ultra II 1GB was selling for 320. is this a good price?

    did the price drop like the lexar 40x 1GB?

    thanks.
    you can get it for 160 dollars at adorama.


    i dont know why people are spending 130-180 dollars for a 512 mb card!! the ultra II has a 10mb/s write speed!!!!

  16. #56

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztik
    Hey dude, that's a US website.
    you will have to pay $84.95 x 1.71280 + shipping to get it to singapore.
    Last edited by coldman; 29th August 2004 at 09:08 AM.
    Nikon D5000, D70; Nikon 18-55, 18-70, 70-300; Sigma 18-250, 50-500.

  18. #58

    Default

    jeez who lives in friggin singapore.

    i heard you can get life in jail for chewing gum there. maybe it was indonesia. i cant remember.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztik
    jeez who lives in friggin singapore.

    i heard you can get life in jail for chewing gum there. maybe it was indonesia. i cant remember.
    helpful hint: since this is a Singapore based website, why don't you make a guess?

    another helpful hint: We don't usually jail people for chewing gum. We can be very unhappy about other stuff though, like ignorance, egocentricness, unilateral policies, etc.

    last helpful hint: Just for your information, alot of the world's population don't live in the, and I quote, 'friggin' US of A, and contrary to your perceptions, the US of A, is not the centre of the universe. At least it isn't, the last time I checked.

    Thank you for your helpful hint about Adorama though. I prefer B&H myself.

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    CCK
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztik
    jeez who lives in friggin singapore.

    i heard you can get life in jail for chewing gum there. maybe it was indonesia. i cant remember.
    Better to keep quiet and have people think you're stupid, than to speak up and confirm it.......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •