Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flickr limited photos

Default Re: Flickr limited photos

for those people who use Flickr as online file backup, do think carefully. you are paying money and put your original photos online, let totally strangers access to your files, that is really unthinkable.

use a proper online file backup services instead, no one can access to the files except you.

if you want to showcase your portfolio, quality counts, not quantity.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    for those people who use Flickr as online file backup, do think carefully. you are paying money and put your original photos online, let totally strangers access to your files, that is really unthinkable.

use a proper online file backup services instead, no one can access to the files except you.

if you want to showcase your portfolio, quality counts, not quantity.
    actually u can upload two version, one version (lower quality + copyright for showcase purpose) then another version (full quality), one set to public one set to private. That should suffice.

for me, i havent upgrade to a pro one =)
    You’ve got to push yourself harder.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i am not an exhibitionist and i dun aim to have many viewers on my photos. but flickr is a good place for online backup of my best shots (as compared to facebook) and hosting my images. I save bandwidth on my hosting account as well since photos was hosted by flickr and displayed on my website.
    That's very cool dude.

actually u can upload two version, one version (lower quality + copyright for showcase purpose) then another version (full quality), one set to public one set to private. That should suffice.
    that is for only photos or video file right? not in other file formats am I right to say that?

that is for only photos or video file right? not in other file formats am I right to say that?
    yes i guess so.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#1873514 (privacy)

u can also remove that download link for people to try download your photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#85

when people right click and try to do a save as, they will get another blank image file. Although the person still can do a screenshot and crop out the photo

yes i guess so.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#1873514 (privacy)

u can also remove that download link for people to try download your photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#85

when people right click and try to do a save as, they will get another blank image file. Although the person still can do a screenshot and crop out the photo
    as long it shows up in other people screen, the photo is already INSIDE their computer, all they need is to know where to find the photo IN their computer.

beside, can't do a "save as" is only can stop people who are not computer savvy, have you hear about "view page source"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    For those using flickr, if your uploads exceed 200, will you upgrade to PRO account?
    go for picasaweb. it has 1GB without no. of photo qty limit.

as long it shows up in other people screen, the photo is already INSIDE their computer, all they need is to know where to find the photo IN their computer.

beside, can't do a "save as" is only can stop people who are not computer savvy, have you hear about "view page source"?
    yes, that i know. I am an IT person as well. view source is too trouble some even for those IT savvy to look thru the codes. by the way if I did not rem wrong, the codes appear slightly different when you apply this setting.
    eg:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/keeptou...n/photostream/ (you can try view source)

screen shot (print screen) is faster. but then the size displayed by default is too small. so even if the person did that, he can only get a small copy so if he resize the photo to make it bigger, image quality will lose.
    eg:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/keeptou...n/photostream/

at best the person can do a screenshot of this size. but if he resize bound to lose photo quality.

i can say flickr done quite well to this extent already to protect the ownership of the photo for the photographer.

Blog Entries

yes, that i know. I am an IT person as well. view source is too trouble some even for those IT savvy to look thru the codes. by the way if I did not rem wrong, the codes appear slightly different when you apply this setting.
    eg:

screen shot (print screen) is faster. but then the size displayed by default is too small. so even if the person did that, he can only get a small copy so if he resize the photo to make it bigger, image quality will lose.
    eg:

at best the person can do a screenshot of this size. but if he resize bound to lose photo quality.

i can say flickr done quite well to this extent already to protect the ownership of the photo for the photographer.
    Actually the easiest way is to look inside the cache folder. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Actually the easiest way is to look inside the cache folder. ;P
    yes that i agree.

eg:

eg:

No need to view source code lah. There is this function in firefox (tool>page info>media) where you can choose to download any presented files. I seen CSers uploaded full res(12MP) on flickr too.

As for my case, I prefer self-host than community style. It has more flexiblity but can be time consuming.
    Last edited by kineticworks; 3rd May 2011 at 10:07 AM.

eg:

eg:

sorry, forgotten you are a IT guy, me is self taught, start with ready dummy series guilds. lol

sorry, forgotten you are a IT guy, me is self taught, start with ready dummy series guilds. lol
    haha no worries. like kineticworks says, firefox got a function to download the photos.

anyway the best way for your photos not to be stolen is not to upload in the first place haha.

Another alternative way is to put signature. So that if the person steal your image also no use.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleace
    Another alternative way is to put signature. So that if the person steal your image also no use.
    There is a tool to remove signature.
    I would say there is no 100% secure for anything that is online.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    anyway the best way for your photos not to be stolen is not to upload in the first place haha.

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac

I use brush tool in Photoshop to do my signatures on pictures. So no matter what they can't remove it

But they could clone or crop though..

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Really??

try this..... lol

Really??

try this..... lol

[IMG]//i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/catchlights/clubsnap/watermarks.jpg[/IMG]

LoL, uncle catchlights very funny I broke my hiatus lurking around just to post ..

+1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast